It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My best friend died today.......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
My deepest sympathies...

I too have lost someone dear to lung cancer. May your friend rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

What an amazing guy, he will be missed (I miss those days, the golden age of computing, when life was...purer).

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

What a story and pain you have been going through , Its so unfair and agonizing to see how much suffer they have endure to stay alive , and to place boundaries to strive too.. But for some time merely not given, just enough to say goodbye

I'm amazed after all the years of researches to cure cancer they still find so little because there are so many types of cancer...

thank you for sharing your story I feel your pain..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Observe1 sorry about your best freind. It hits hard when one of the boys goes down...

I recent times i have not had the chance to really talk to my freinds. But there does not go a day that i do not think about them and the crazy crap we use to do.... Just yesterday one of my freinds texted me asking how things were going (wife is about 4months preggo) , next thing i know 2 hrs had passed and about 200 messages... I can truely say i only have 4 freinds. But they are my best freinds, my brothers.. and would be there for them no matter what.

just relive those memories, and he will never be forgotten...

May your memories last forever and bring you peace as you try to endure the pain of loss.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss, he sounds like a one in a million. Keep his memory, his laugh, and his voice close to your heart and he will always be with you.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What an amazing and beautiful tribute to your friend. I'm so sorry for your loss Observer

May your heart and mind be filled with the comfort and in time the joy that all those memories will bring to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

It something you never get use too.. And hopefully it doesn't happen to much.. thanks for your kind words..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Those days, I wished I could go back and do it all over again.. thanks

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrancar

That's nice and embrace the knowing that when things get worse they will be there to keep you strong...
I just spoke to my other two best friends , and for a moment we stood still by the fact that we all have formed our lives the way we live now ... your best friends are also some kind of mentors , and you always envy the good parts of your friends , and try to learn from that,

Not always telling them that they were the example of how you wanted things to go.. lol

But on days like these you tell them that!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

Thank you..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The funeral will be on Monday... I'm going to ready myself up , and write a speech for him...
The start line will be ( that's what I discovered)

He was born as Aries and left this Earth as Aries.........

Thank you all , My ATS friends may the force in friendship stay with you all... And tell your best friends that you're happy that they make out part of your lives..

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I have tears for you, and your words so painted.

You are a good friend for writing these words.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

just remember to write more about life... because its his life you'll be celebrating. never forget that. Its way more important than to mourn his death. death was but a split second... its not worth talking about.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
Today my best friend died from cancer. It was a rare form of lung cancer .He called me up at July 2012 to meet me with three other best friends of me to tell us that he had not long to live anymore, It was devastating and we all were stunned and beaten by it ...

He was the center of our relationship , that is I mean me and my two other friends, we were the so called four musketeers of the computer age and we all grow up with de commodore computer age and the commodore Amiga age.. day and night we had spend together with lots of cannabis and lots of fun ... playing games and expanding our knowledge about computers until the sun would rise . But he was the Jedi in our mids, the Arthos of the musketeers . We played Elite in the late hours and tested our first novel network on thirty meter cable on parallel ports run under Dos 3.11..

We landed Apollo on the moon on new years-eve with a soldering gun and joystick connected together , because the soldering gun had dip switches that could easily manage the throttle so that he could steer and I could throttle Apollo down....when the clock struck twelve we set foot on the moon, I don't remember the game anymore but we had lots of fun.. it was the best new-years eve of my life...it hurt writing about it ,because of the memories...But hes just that guy that deserves to write about.

A gentle mind that always puts others in front of him always helping others to solve things .. always married problem types with border line, and to stubborn to take advice from his friends.. But that was just him...

The last days and weeks were grievously , and the cancer took control over him , never knew that cancer could grow so fast and that irradiate cancer could speed up the growth .. The worst thing was he had to settle in new place on the last days of his life... we all helped to paint his new house and move the al the furnitures to the new location .. it was his last chance to live out to this day..

you will be missed ........and I will miss you my dearest friend of all times .. we will meet again someday, somewhere, in some place...and do it all over again!

Rene thoonen 03/20/2013............

Just read your post. I lost my Dad to cancer caused by asbestos over a year ago. He was a great man and I miss him very much. So I sympathize with you and you have my condolences.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I know your pain. Sorry brother.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

What beautiful things you write for your friend.
Life is too short and we should appreciate all of those in our lives, family and friends who make our lives better and fuller and richer, you never know when their time or your time will be up.

You guys will be gaming together again someday.

edit on 21-3-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My deepest sympathies. I experience the loss of my best friend about 15 months ago, and I still hurt, especially when I read something like what you wrote here. My friend also went to cancer, but melanoma. When hospice came in for his final days he was in and out of lucidity. There was one moment that redefined my life in so many ways. I was alone with him, so his parents could take a break, and he was breathing heavy. All of a sudden he took a gasp of breathe and sat up as much as he could alone and said.

LIFE SMELLS GOOD.

he lay back down, and I thought he was gone, but he just went to sleep. He died the next day.

I wake up now, trying to remember this everyday. It is hard, but when it gets the toughest now,
I BREATHE DEEP.
and remember LIFE SMELLS GOOD.

Friends can be so smart to the very end.

Be kind to yourself in your grief. Take care. Such a wonderful thread for a memory of friends.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
Thanks , It doesn't matter how best friends die, Its always a big loss when it happens.... It's only sad that you couldn't say goodbye in proper manner ...But he will know now I guess..

I respect that a lot., thank you my friend for your kind words, I appreciate that. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just know,the memories will always be there to bring a smile to your face.

Your friend is at peace ,as are you.

My thoughts are with you and your friend.

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss, Observer.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful tribute. Prayers and blessings sent your way in your time of grief. Keep remembering the love, it is our greatest tribute to one another I think.

Peace,
Cirque

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join