It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My best friend died today.......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
My sincere condolences to you and your friends. May your grief be eased by the love and respect of your friends. Life can throw us curves when we least expect it.

Cancer can be extremely slow to kill and it can blindside you and kill in days or weeks.

My best friend, the love of my life, my second wife; went slow. She had a 6 year bout with four recurrences of non Hodgkins lymphoma. She underwent two courses of chemo and one course of a non conventional treatment. We thought we had it beat but it came back a fourth time and took her out in two weeks.

I also had a friend and fellow worker who was just one month younger than me who went incredibly fast. His wife called us the gold dust twins. We had both retired from the company where we worked together and both started our own consulting businesses. We kept up our relationships, both personal and business, after we left the company. I had not talked to him for a few weeks due to both of us being "on the road" on business. When I called him I got his wife who told me that he had passed on just a couple of days ago. He started having low back pains and thought he might have a kidney infection so he went to his doctor. The doctor found that he had kidney cancer and it was so aggressive that he was gone in less than two weeks after the diagnosis.

I don't know which is worse, the shock of sudden death or the agony of a long drawn out illness leading to death.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Observer1: So very sorry for your loss! Although I'm so glad you were with him until the end of this chapter in his journey. In the weeks & months to come-there will be solace in this.

I'm glad you were blessed with such a wonderful friendship.

I believe he's in a awesome place now. Happy & content. He's gonna keep an eye on you and you will feel his presence from time to time.

He will never be far.

Sorry again for your loss & blessings to you.

NCB.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So sorry to hear of your loss. I have lost three dear friends so far, two to cancer. The one bright spot is that cancer gives us the chance to say those things we most need and want to say before it is to late. You are blessed to have had such a great friend..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Thanks , It doesn't matter how best friends die, Its always a big loss when it happens.... It's only sad that you couldn't say goodbye in proper manner ...But he will know now I guess..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

That was very nice and I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like he fully lived life with amazing friends.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

knowing him... I bet he's in the world of TRON right now speeding up processors and boosting memories, And starting to build his personal high end machine... ( he was one of kind that loved computers like BBC Acorn Archimedes

Thanks for sharing this computer realm memories...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I wish I had friends like this. Your story has inspired me to work on that a bit.

Keep telling your stories of him. Thank you for sharing them with us.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Thanks That really makes us immortal souls , to be in remembrance of the ones who loved us and took care of us..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

They sure are ....thanks man

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Observer1, thank you for that beautiful tribute to your friend.

I've been where you are now. Too many times. Lord...

Time helps. It does. The pain subsides a little and we remember the best times.

But some things can bring it all back and when that happens you just have to manage as you can.

Damn... Tearing up. Better stop now.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Just keep in mind that great loss can only be felt if there was something great to lose. It is that greatness that will comfort you as you get through the grief of loss. Then you will have all the good memories to look back on.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Thanks.. I will I'm sure of it..Though I have to scour the universe to find him..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Healthlaws

That's something I also discussed at the end , with him. I said that I read about things that could maybe cure your cancer like encapsulate vitamin C and vitamin b17 stuff like that.. But he was to sober to really give it a chance..or to tired to give it a try?

Thanks you..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks heff,

Beautifully spoken words...They are connected and I believe sometimes partially our conscience in things we may in the future go wrong about , or have to enjoy?.. Maybe thats where wisdom starts , that all loved ones who have been diseased speak through you to walk the right path....?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearThoughy

The most important thing is when the laughter starts to kick in , the memories start to grow.. I never forget those days , the best days.. after awhile we all became more serious in life ..

And that's good but we all really loved our youth with everything in it.. we also were 16 thats were the bounding starts to become more solid , carpe diem my friend never forget this day with your friend hanging on that couch laughing his ass off about something silly.

We also listen allot toCheech and Chong audio files in those days.. I have a thread made around that, my friend who died was the one who brought it on , Its sooo funny..especially when your stoned

peace and thanks..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

My heart goes out for you too because you couldn't even say goodbye to your pall.. But he knows now and one day you will see him again!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Thank you your words were kind enough to lift my heart up ..It's the best man can have to talk about it with all the ATS friends who have spoken here in this thread really awesome!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearThoughy

No I've heard of it before but I'm gonna look it up.. Don't be sad now about your friend .. Tell him/her that you appreciate that he/she's around.. that will make it a great day to do something together!

Thanks..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you ..very nice poems...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jmsbkr

Thank you , He was my own chosen brother in life, and I told him that before he left..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join