It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They're Definitely Aliens in Outer Space" Michio Kaku

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ok guys in response to this thread
I know that this thread isn't necessarily about Michio Kaku but his name is in the threat title

I just created this thread showing how Kaku doesn't always know what he's talking about
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is about a prominent figure in the scientific community giving an opinion and some may think that that gives credibility to the idea, which is a logical fallacy, but anyhow check that thread out.

Sorry to disturb, thx

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
If a pea is lost out at sea, floating on the high waves and crashing down into the never ending turbulence, do you think you could find it, if you had no idea where to look?

If not, why? You're a highly intelligent creature, far more intelligent than any pea?

If that pea is never found, does this mean that you do not exist?

Can you exist, and never find that pea?

We're that pea.

but would the pea be emitting "things" so to speak- we aren't exactly silent

Ultimately, we just don't if there is anything out there

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Religious people have accepted ET life without even knowing it. That is what angels and demons are.. other creations by God different to humans

People who dispute it are clueless and picture(like many athiests) a big dude with a white beard sitting in a cloud throne as god.

so michio is right
edit on 21-3-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The Drake equation keeps getting filled in more and more, yet we don't find any neighbors to talk to. The trick part of the equation is boiling down to one factor...length of a civilization. Intelligent species make be talkative for such a short time that the odds of them exisiting within talking distance at any given time may be close to zero.

I hope its not true but truth seems to be leaning that way.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The Bible Hebrew/Christian in my understanding is chuck full of et existence

Well when you glance on the Pillar of fire ( Light ) and the pillar of Cloud to lead them the way Exodus 13-21

Links
bible.cc...
www.bibleufo.com...

Ezekiel Wheel
www.bibleufo.com...

and especially

The Book of Enoch
www.bibleufo.com...

and the Whole thing of the Old Iranian Religion

Zoroastrianism
en.wikipedia.org...

( as we all pretty much familiar about the connection with the Anunnaki )

ANUNNAKI CONNECTION
Persia - Assyria
Winged Flying Craft or Angels?
www.thelivingmoon.com...

That is -- when you see it through technology eyes to make scene of it all

Especially when Scientist are seeing Goldie lock zones repeatedly in newly discovered planets in star systems multiple light years away but the thing is what scientist cant grasp is how is it possible to get here from there in so little time .. its something we haven't discovered as of yet ..

the number of habitable planets & moons (written in 2009)
A planetary Drake equation
www.cfa.harvard.edu...

If Aliens Can Visit, How Did They Get Here?

Einstein's Wormhole Loophole

If humans can't travel to the stars, many scientists say extraterrestrial life can't come here either. However, Michio Kaku, one of the leading theoretical physicists in the world, says many scientists are too quick to dismiss the idea of other civilizations visiting Earth. Einstein may have said nothing can go faster than the speed of light, but he also left a loophole, said Kaku, a professor at the City University of New York. In Einstein's theory, space and time is a fabric. Kaku explained: "In school we learned that a straight line is the shortest distance between two points. But actually that's not true. You see, if you fold the sheet of paper and punch a hole through it, you begin to realize that a wormhole is the shortest distance between two points." A civilization that could harness the power of stars might be able to use that shortcut through space and time, and perhaps bridge the vast distances of space to reach Earth, he said.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

As Michio Kaku talks about the Type 1-3 Civilizations, then all types must exist for them to be found! Can a type 0 Civilization find or detect type 1, 2, 3 Civilizations?
Will Type 1, 2, 3, comunicate with Type 0 in anyway? not that I am aware of.

Is there a type 0 in our Milky Way? Yes Us!
Is there a type 1, 2, 3 in our Milky Way? I accept yes!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Michio Kaku is a genius, awesome thread, also check out Michio Kaku's prediction for what will be available in 2053 or 2035, cant remember which one, and I'm at work so i cant post, but its an awesome watch!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that aliens are out there somewhere. You've gotta be completely close minded to believe earth is the only planet in the entire universe to have life. I never understood that position. The universe is HUGE. It is unfathomable. To us, the earth is huge. But the sun is just one star among billions in this galaxy alone. Given it's vastness, I'd say alien life is very highly probable. Maybe not definite, but as close to definite as you can get.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Now imagine us that pea but that pea has been making the most annoying sounds non stop for the past 100 years probably more, and ancient peas also made alot of noise in the past. Would it be so hard to find such a pea when that pea unknowingly makes itself so easily obtainable?

besides with telephones like the Pyramids of Giza its obvious we are still in contact.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

can you post the video?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here is something to chew over.

We have been "Listening" for 35 years or so thru SETI, for 60 years or so, we have been beaming out radio/microwaves to the Universe.

What if, for what ever reason, the "People" that visit us, are 1,000,000 years more advanced than us, and had passed thru their Radio waves era, when we were still hairy apes in trees? (some of us still are).

The General "Theme" over the past 60 years has been that "ET" use some method of ESP/thought transfer to interact with the Universe. It has been proposed that they are in Symbiotic connection with their machines and possible control them via thought transfer.

IF (?) these creatures are 1,000,000 years more advanced than us, can communicate via thought transfer etc, Fly craft, wash dishes, make toast all with thought power, then How in the Universe, are we going to pick up Any Radios waves or such like, from these advances peoples?
Obviously we are not.....
Conversely, We have had this transmission tech for only 60 years, 100 years ago, we didnt have it, what are the chances of a civilization that is EXACTLY on the same tech as us right now, using radio in the past 60 years same as us, that we could actually"Hear" them......... Fairly remote I would think..........In 100 years from now, I bet radio waves will be old tech on Earth, much like optical cable has replaced copper wires.

If, as the "Witnesses" has stated, these ET do not talk, but use thought transfer, then we will never "Hear" them with our SETI radio antennas. Its like looking for that pea, with your hands or smell, and not using your eyes.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

He is a great thinker. I agree with him, alien life by probability is a certainty. We are only 200 years into the industrial age. How would 5k, 10k, 20k, 100k, 100 million years of a digital age look like? With our current technology even thinking ahead a few hundred years is impossible.

The problem for looking for alien life is that we don't even know what to look for. On earth alone there are microbes that use Sulfur as fuel.. how life has evolved in another planet, solar system are impossible to tell. We are looking for earth like planets mostly(we don't even know how to look for signs of life). Till some alien race decides to come to us or we master instantaneous space travel we will never get an answer.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
And what if they we're hidding on the moon? Now that could explain the ufo sightings all around the world

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
reply to post by ManInAsia

To say extraterrestrial life almost certainly exists is cod science because it's unfalsifiable.

"We haven't found any because we just haven't found any yet."

To say it definitely exists is simply unscientific.

I agree saying it definitely exists is unscientific. To say it almost certainly exists is a fair conclusion though, from what we understand of microbial diversity and their ability to use diverse energy sources, withstand vacuums and radiation, high pressures and high temperatures.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
At least I can take solace from the fact that when I was growing up in the 1970s and 1980s I stated on many occasions that there were planets out there and that ET also existed. I was constantly laughed at and ridiculed. Planets? Dont be daft! That sort of thing.

People laughed at you for believing in planets?

Where did you live?

Well with people who clearly were ignorant and not prepared to take on new ideas and concepts!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Michio Kaku is a great sci-fi writer, but a terrible scientist.

Just because we exist means nothing. Koala bears can be found in Australia, so they must be everywhere, right? That's his entire basis for his statement. We exist, so there must be others. That's so incredibly naive and unscientific.

Kaku, stick to your History Channel spots where you say lightsabers are possible.

Actually life existing on Earth IS a a very good clue that life exists elsewhere.

If you see a koala bear you can know there must have been other koala bears for them to breed with. Then they must have evolved from earlier ancestors. Earlier ancestors very likely means there are numerous different species alive at the same time.

Seeing the Koala bear doesn't mean Koala bears are everywhere, but they are a great indicator that life of different forms are widespread.

Turning it around, imagine the first microbial life on Earth was the Koala bear. I believe life landed on Earth and evolved over time to adapt to and also actively change Earth itself. Earth is like Australia, distinct and yet part of a bigger ecosystem of the solar system and galaxy.

edit on 21-3-2013 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Any aliens that come here will be machines 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+ times more intelligent than any biological being..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Conversely, We have had this transmission tech for only 60 years, 100 years ago, we didnt have it, what are the chances of a civilization that is EXACTLY on the same tech as us right now, using radio in the past 60 years same as us, that we could actually"Hear" them......... Fairly remote I would think.

Actually, the odds would be good. If you believe that there could be millions of civilizations out there, each at a different level of development, the chance that a percentage of them would have been using radio at a point in their history where it could reach us now could be reasonably high. Maybe they were using it 10,000 years ago, and they're 10,000 light years away. Now imagine all the permutations of that. The skies could reasonably be filled with radio signals.

But we're not hearing any. That's the puzzle.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Here is something to chew over.

We have been "Listening" for 35 years or so thru SETI, for 60 years or so, we have been beaming out radio/microwaves to the Universe.

What if, for what ever reason, the "People" that visit us, are 1,000,000 years more advanced than us, and had passed thru their Radio waves era, when we were still hairy apes in trees? (some of us still are).

The General "Theme" over the past 60 years has been that "ET" use some method of ESP/thought transfer to interact with the Universe. It has been proposed that they are in Symbiotic connection with their machines and possible control them via thought transfer.

IF (?) these creatures are 1,000,000 years more advanced than us, can communicate via thought transfer etc, Fly craft, wash dishes, make toast all with thought power, then How in the Universe, are we going to pick up Any Radios waves or such like, from these advances peoples?
Obviously we are not.....
Conversely, We have had this transmission tech for only 60 years, 100 years ago, we didnt have it, what are the chances of a civilization that is EXACTLY on the same tech as us right now, using radio in the past 60 years same as us, that we could actually"Hear" them......... Fairly remote I would think..........In 100 years from now, I bet radio waves will be old tech on Earth, much like optical cable has replaced copper wires.

If, as the "Witnesses" has stated, these ET do not talk, but use thought transfer, then we will never "Hear" them with our SETI radio antennas. Its like looking for that pea, with your hands or smell, and not using your eyes.

Good point.
And an interesting starting point for further discussion.
I'd like to note that if there are people out there, there should be a whole spectrum of civilizations.
The sheer size and age of the observable universe opens the way for the existence of really, really old species and societies.
But, also, as we developed here, other species born on planets similar to us (similar kind and relative age of star, age of planetary system, etc..) may have developed in a parallel way to us. And others may not.

That is the most incredible and amazing aspect of it, for me.
The fact that if we discover just one extra-terrestrial species, then chances are, there will be all sorts and kinds of civilizations, and it'll redefine every facet of human existence.
Cool, I say.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well, I'm a devote Christian and I fully accept that there is life on other planets. Pretty big canvas for God not to paint anywhere but here.

I don't think any have visited Earth. To take the pea analogy further, the folks looking for the pea would be microbes with busted flagella. I don't believe the speed of light is constant, but I also don't think it's ever been slower than it is now; the light-centuries our ETs would have to travel at sub-light speeds would be insurmountable.

The UFOs that are seen are either flights of fancy or classified aircraft. I love the romance of being visited, I just don't think it's happened.

Of course, if other-dimensional shortcuts are possible...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join