It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They're Definitely Aliens in Outer Space" Michio Kaku

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by neoholographic

On TV last week Dr. Neil DeGrasse said something along the likes of ~ skeptics do not want to find out that there is someone more intelligent than they are.

"assumptions based on the current technology"

That is how the Deniers survive. [Deniers: skeptics who post on ATS hoping to use the word "Debunked".

I'm not sure where you are getting this idea that mainstream science thinks humans are alone in the universe. Science and scientists have acknowledge for decades that life is probably elsewhere. Most PEOPLE in general (those with even a rudimentary understanding of the size of the universe) believe that life exists elsewhere.

Why do you continue to make it sound as if most people and most of science are saying otherwise? This is a classic strawman argument.

edit on 3/21/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
“Current technology is just about to peak”

More proof that our great, great, grandchildren will think everyone living at the start of the 21st century was a complete idiot.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I watched this program and it was mildly entertaining. But I haven't heard anything new on the subject in 15 years.

One must also be awere of the propaganda that most of these shows have. This "Difinitive Guide" claims that any highly advanced species would have to loose all individuality and become a borg, in order to thrive and survive. Or we must/will at some point merge our bodies with tech and become androids. I don't think so PAL!!!

Maybe I'll go with this when an alien sits down with me and we have a nice heart to heart discussion about this. Or mind to mind. Until then, F off with your NWO human control dreams. My humanity is just fine the way it is. If you see a problem with us all, try looking in the mirror...there's your problem.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
In March 2009, NASA launched the Kepler Mission, designed to look for possible life-supporting planets. In just the first 16 months of operation, Kepler has discovered 2,326 potential planets. Once confirmed by follow-up studies, these potential discoveries could significantly raise the tally of exoplanets (planets outside our solar system) well over its current count of 702.

This gives Kaku 3,000 chances to be right. Without leaving the neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Dr. Neil DeGrasse must have been talking about the Chia doll above.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
Snake eyes? The laws of physics have nothing to do with snake eyes.

You apparently don't have a firm understanding about the role of probabilities when it comes to physics. It's been pretty well proven that the universe operates on probabilities. Dice. Or roulette. Or slots. Whatever you prefer.

You and others keep saying these things without presenting any evidence to counter evidence to reach the conclusion that extraterrestrials exist.

You're confusing evidence (or conjecture) with proof. And I'm not saying that aliens don't exist. I'm just saying that the evidence for it is extremely weak, impeachable, circumstantial, or hypothetical and none of it adds up to proof. So, no, I can't show you a box full of nothing to prove aliens don't exist. I can only point out that the same empty box doesn't prove they do.

edit on 21-3-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Very few scientists doubt that statement....
(that there are aliens out there)

The big areas of debate are:

1) Is there other INTELLIGENT life?

and

2) If there is, are they actually capable of getting here?

For many, the limits of our own science to solve the problem of interstellar travel are artificially imposed on the rest of the Universe, when for all we know, older, and more sophisticated beings may be flitting about the stars as easily as we go to the corner store.

Today, I drive almost 50 miles just to go to work.
100 years ago, that would have been an all day trip on horseback...

Now, picture an alien race that has had 1000's of years to perfect technology....

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

"Out of all the rolls of the dice, maybe Earth is the only place where it came up snake eyes a billion times in a row."
This is proof that our great, great, grandchildren will think everyone living at the start of the 21st century was a complete idiot.

Maybe half of us.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Dr. Neil DeGrasse must have been talking about the Chia doll above.

Did I miss something? Was that a crack at me? If so, please expand so that I can expose your ignorance. If not, I'm sorry and have a lovely day.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

"Out of all the rolls of the dice, maybe Earth is the only place where it came up snake eyes a billion times in a row."
This is proof that our great, great, grandchildren will think everyone living at the start of the 21st century was a complete idiot.

Maybe half of us.

The half still waiting at the Ascension bus stop.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

In March 2009, NASA launched the Kepler Mission, designed to look for possible life-supporting planets. In just the first 16 months of operation, Kepler has discovered 2,326 potential planets. Once confirmed by follow-up studies, these potential discoveries could significantly raise the tally of exoplanets (planets outside our solar system) well over its current count of 702.

This gives Kaku 3,000 chances to be right. Without leaving the neighborhood.

So, yeah. Science is spending billions of dollars looking for planets that may harbor life.
I would say that qualifies as science in general being serious about the possibilities of life elsewhere.

But again, the only way to turn science's "Life Elsewhere Almost Certainly Exists" into "Life Elsewhere 100% Positively Exists" is to find hard proof of that life. Probabilities can only get you 99.9999999999% of the way there.

edit on 3/21/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
- Intelligent Extra Terrestrials exist

- Yes there craft can make it here, they don't come here though because this is not their domain.

-Dimensions exist

-Ascension exists and if you don't learn this soon you will regret it

-Yes they gave us religion

-Yes they plan on taking it away since it has served its purpose

-Technology is nowhere near capped out, you will see amazing advances in the next few years. Most likely from gifted children with no desire for greed.

Humanity wants to keep putting ideals in boxes and saying if this exists then this can't. The truth is there much more to it. It is not creation vs evolution it is actually both. It is not aliens vs ascension and astral worlds both exist. Open your mind to more possibilities and you will see there is truth in both sides to arguments. You think you deserve proof when you are not even receptive to truth only the truth you want that fits your paradigm. This is why you get no proof.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

You said:

You're confusing evidence (or conjecture) with proof. And I'm not saying that aliens don't exist. I'm just saying that the evidence for it is extremely weak, impeachable, circumstantial, or hypothetical and none of it adds up to proof. So, no, I can't show you a box full of nothing to prove aliens don't exist. I can only point out that the same empty box doesn't prove they do.

Again, you're drawing an equivalence where there isn't any. You haven't presented any evidence against the proposition the extraterrestrials exist. Again, the evidence is overwhelming and I wont list the evidence again. I have went over it several times and people don't present any counter evidence, just opinion.

Sadly, when it comes to extraterrestrials, we're supposed to leave our reason and common sense at the door. In all walks of life we use reason to reach conclusions based on the available evidence.

For instance, many scientist came to the conclusion that the Higgs Boson exist before the LHC. They did this based on the available evidence and reason. We have this thing called REASON that we use to weigh the available evidence all the time.

I was just watching a lecture from a Professor who came to the Conclusion that the universe is a hologram. He didn't reach this conclusion in a vacuum but he has weighed the available evidence. You may not agree with it but that's just your subjective opinion.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The dime in the pocket conundrum, what if there is more than one pocket? what if there are two pockets, and one does have a dime in it?eh?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't know whether there's any intelligent life, but I strongly suspect that there's life elsewhere. I mean, I don't know how to say it. I've just poured through too many things to list it all here. I guess I'll just sum it up by mentioning that I watched a video yesterday about Titan. It was about the european arm of hte cassini mission that sent a probe to Titan to land. They lost 350 pictures, but still managed to get some. The amazing thign that came from that mission is that we learned just how similar Titan is to our early earth. And to think it has cryo volcanoes that spit out thick oozy water and ammonia? Methane rain that falls like snow but with the dimensions of hail? River channels and valleys of lakes of this Methane stuff. Hydrocarbon paradise. A thick complex atmosphere.

So there're some 166 accepted moons that orbit the planets in our solar system. Out of those, 1 of them somewhat resembles our early earth. A planet, Mars, had liquid water in its ancient history and even today shares some common bonds with earth. Venus may have had oceans in the past, but they were burned off. We know that several other moons likely have seas or even oceans underneath their surface, like Europa. And this is just our single solar system. Now, I haven't yet mentioned all of the dwarf planets and comets and trojan moons and asteroids and so on, but I don't think I have to to make my point that there're a lot of potential places we might either find extinct bacterial/viral/etc life or colonies of currently living organisms of this sort. There're probably 100's of billions of stars in our milky way, depending on how many of them are smaller suns. Furthermore, therer're quite possibly trillions or quadrillions of rogue planets mixed up with our galaxy. Come on people, at some moment you just have to ask yourself what're the odds that abiogenesis (alone!) would be confined to ONLY EARTH in our entire universe? Seems like an awful stretch of the imagination.
edit on 21-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Very few scientists doubt that statement....
(that there are aliens out there)

The big areas of debate are:

1) Is there other INTELLIGENT life?

and

2) If there is, are they actually capable of getting here?

For many, the limits of our own science to solve the problem of interstellar travel are artificially imposed on the rest of the Universe, when for all we know, older, and more sophisticated beings may be flitting about the stars as easily as we go to the corner store.

Today, I drive almost 50 miles just to go to work.
100 years ago, that would have been an all day trip on horseback...

Now, picture an alien race that has had 1000's of years to perfect technology....

Not sure it's that linear. After all, we've had thousands of years to perfect technology.

Advancement has to have some sort of impetus. Where there is no need or interest, there is no advancement.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh come on, this is boring. Of course many agree life of any kind may exist somewhere else in the universe. Now at least the majority are not in the Stone Age unlike this one who says otherwise.

But even if you all agree life may exist, this doesn't touch the sensitive part - the visitation and interference, not just the probability.

I always take the most rational of skepticism and belief, open-mindness being the best choice when data suggests that possibility. That's why I am objective.

I will say, it is very wrong to say 'Aliens are definitely here' - there is certainly nothing sufficient to be certain about it. However with so much data and so many cases, some unexplained, others unidentified by the military that would supposedly know when some of their projects flies over their heads... that skepticism - calling every witness a liar, everyone who knows something a charlatan and finding hundreds of excuses to not admit you see something strange happening, is ugly, arrogant, wrong, makes you an asshole.

But the thread is seemingly about 'ALiens existing in space' well duh... I thought one has to be so close minded to not even accept such possibility (though tell it to the one in the link I posted). The thing is, this thread brings us nothing new.

Michio is a TV star, not a person with high level clearance - such person would not be told anything confidential. so don't worry he doesn't have anything even if he talks as if he knows it for a fact.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Keep in mind though Kaku isn't the best source of information, I hope you all know that.
The guy doesn't know what he's saying sometimes.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Not sure it's that linear. After all, we've had thousands of years to perfect technology.

Advancement has to have some sort of impetus. Where there is no need or interest, there is no advancement.

Amend that to post-electric technology...

And I'm sure they had similar needs...I can't imagine the need for resources not being a drive for other intelligent life (at least until they can travel the stars). After that, resources are a given, so it stands to reason that shortly after interstellar travel...the tech would likely plateau sharply....(and that said aliens would likely be peaceful).

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I definitely accepts there are teeming with alien life! Whenever I’m gazing at the stars, I do believe there is life on every star I see! And when I can gaze at the view of the Milky Way at night time in darkness with low light pollution it’s just enormous, amazing and beautiful!

I have seen some Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) behave like they have full control of gravity. Like you would have full control of an object in a 3D Modeling/Animation software.

If you see how we have developed a software to map our earth like Google Earth, our skies Google Sky and 100 000 Stars, (and software from others like NASA) that’s some of what we have mapped out, then you could imagine what our more advanced “guests” have mapped out! We are more unknown to our self than what we are known to the “guests”.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join