It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They're Definitely Aliens in Outer Space" Michio Kaku

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Outrageo
One of my favorite books on this subject. It has silenced many "we are alone" protagonists. The math is flawless. The math evidence is overwhelming. Irrefutable.

Maybe I have a dime in my pocket. Maybe I don't. You can show me all the mathematical and statistical models in the world that have to do with the probability of me having a dime in my pocket. But either I do, or I don't.

Schrödinger disagrees.

Well, Schrödinger would say that I do AND I don't, which is fine for a mathematical/philosophical view of a thing that can never be directly observed. But on a practical level, the level of dimes in pockets, it really doesn't provide a very satisfying answer to the question, does it?

Was just a joke.

You'll get no answers from Drake, and so long as advanced alien civilizations are unobservable by us, they are as the proverbial cat.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I believe even though it might be possible that the only place in universe, where is life, is Earth, in a situation where it is unknown whether or not aliens exist, it is extremely egoistic to assume that we are alone in this "infinitely large" universe.

That is why I agree with Michio Kaku.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykey057420
It's a forgone conclusion life has evolved elsewhere, the size of the universe guarantees it.

Nope. Just because the universe is big doesn't mean life evolved anywhere else. Perhaps it allows for more chances for life to evolve. But it also allows for more failures. Out of all the rolls of the dice, maybe Earth is the only place where it came up snake eyes a billion times in a row. Enough for DNA to put itself together and find itself in a functioning cellular structure (because DNA by itself just sits there).

This makes no sense.

Snake eyes? The laws of physics have nothing to do with snake eyes.

The laws of physics are fine tuned to produce stars, comets, planets and life. There's nothing in the laws of physics that will prohibit life from forming when it has so many chances to form. The laws of physics tells us that life will form because the laws of physics are fine tuned for life.

You add that to:

Building blocks of life found in Comets and Meteorites.
Liquid water on Mars
Exoplanets
Microbial life found in places where it was said life couldn't exist.
Growing evidence for Panspermia

You and others keep saying these things without presenting any evidence to counter evidence to reach the conclusion that extraterrestrials exist.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
double post
edit on 21-3-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

Originally posted by Mykey057420
It's a forgone conclusion life has evolved elsewhere, the size of the universe guarantees it.

Nope. Just because the universe is big doesn't mean life evolved anywhere else. Perhaps it allows for more chances for life to evolve. But it also allows for more failures. Out of all the rolls of the dice, maybe Earth is the only place where it came up snake eyes a billion times in a row. Enough for DNA to put itself together and find itself in a functioning cellular structure (because DNA by itself just sits there).

This makes no sense.

Snake eyes? The laws of physics have nothing to do with snake eyes.

The laws of physics are fine tuned to produce stars, comets, planets and life. There's nothing in the laws of physics that will prohibit life from forming when it has so many chances to form. The laws of physics tells us that life will form because the laws of physics are fine tuned for life.

You add that to:

Building blocks of life found in Comets and Meteorites.
Liquid water on Mars
Exoplanets
Microbial life found in places where it was said life couldn't exist.
Growing evidence for Panspermia

You and others keep saying these things without presenting any evidence to counter evidence to reach the conclusion that extraterrestrials exist.

Laws of physics tell us that life will form because the laws of physics are fine tuned for life, although I believe our knowledge of "life" is too scarce. We know the conditions needed for the life as it is in Earth. Although we can not prove or deny whether there might be some other life forms. In the near future, maybe even never, will we be able to experiment on extreme conditions, conditions that we might not even be able to dream of. There might be substances or elements, with such characteristics that we might not even be able to dream of. We can only assume the conditions of the other areas of universe based on observations, although we might not always be right due to getting no first-hand experience. The conditions might differ a lot, although as we can not get the experience, we can only assume, based on the conditions here and the conditions we have observed in the "near-by" area.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

In my talks with religious folks, many of them don't see a problem with the existence of extraterrestrials.

Unless you say god didn't do it.

Are you sure about this statement?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I've long said I would be more surprised to find out that there wasn't any life out there.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gu1tarJohn

Exactly!

Most people reach this conclusion based on the AVAILABLE EVIDENCE not wishful thinking.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Holly graphics Batman! I have a new best friend!

List of abductees, just off the top of my head:

Fran Dresher
Travis Walton
Betty Hill
Barney Hill
Enoch
Noah
Ezekiel
Jonah
Jesus

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"Out of all the rolls of the dice, maybe Earth is the only place where it came up snake eyes a billion times in a row."

This is proof that our great, great, grandchildren will think everyone living at the start of the 21st century was a complete idiot.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
At least I can take solace from the fact that when I was growing up in the 1970s and 1980s I stated on many occasions that there were planets out there and that ET also existed. I was constantly laughed at and ridiculed. Planets? Dont be daft! That sort of thing.

Now I feel somewhat vindicated. I will be laughing when in the near future it is announced that water or basic microbacterial lifeform is found on Mars. I reckon it will be found underneath the Martian surface and in places like Olympus Mons.

Interesting times indeed.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
we are not alone.
never were.
i know this for a fact

and so do you subconsciously..
remember?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
At least I can take solace from the fact that when I was growing up in the 1970s and 1980s I stated on many occasions that there were planets out there and that ET also existed. I was constantly laughed at and ridiculed. Planets? Dont be daft! That sort of thing.

People laughed at you for believing in planets?

Where did you live?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Here is the video on YouTube

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

To say extraterrestrial life almost certainly exists is cod science because it's unfalsifiable.

"We haven't found any because we just haven't found any yet."

To say it definitely exists is simply unscientific.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
"Out of all the rolls of the dice, maybe Earth is the only place where it came up snake eyes a billion times in a row."

This is proof that our great, great, grandchildren will think everyone living at the start of the 21st century was a complete idiot.

This probably will not happen in this area

Less than 10% religious people in this country, if even less, as most of the religious people are simply other nations living here, although soon they might get "extinct", as the amount of religious people in youth is much lower.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

On TV last week Dr. Neil DeGrasse said something along the likes of ~ skeptics do not want to find out that there is someone more intelligent than they are.

"assumptions based on the current technology"

That is how the Deniers survive. [Deniers: skeptics who post on ATS hoping to use the word "Debunked".

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Thanks for posting the video!

Great show and i can't wait until the next episode.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ParovStelar

No, it means that Kaku has bigger balls than most scientist. And he's not afraid to use them.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

On TV last week Dr. Neil DeGrasse said something along the likes of ~ skeptics do not want to find out that there is someone more intelligent than they are.

"assumptions based on the current technology"

That is how the Deniers survive. [Deniers: skeptics who post on ATS hoping to use the word "Debunked".

That's a good point!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join