It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They're Definitely Aliens in Outer Space" Michio Kaku

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Parents easily convince their kids of a lie, that Santa exists.
They give them presents with a tag that says "from Santa".

The evidence certainly confirms the lie as a truth to the child
The children trust their parents not to lie.

A UFO could land tomorrow on the white house lawn, and two weird looking aliens could walk out of it claiming that they are from galaxy xyz.

You're going to believe your "parents" ?
Even when your "parents" own secret military hardware?
Even when you "parents" have probabably done genetic experiments for decades?
Even when your "parents" have tech not known to us?
Even when your "parents" forced atheism and the theory of evolution in every school and threw out Our Creator?
Even when your "parents" space agency is fully occultic is every sign and symbol, and those same occultists await the day that they can become "godmen"?
Really? You would still believe what comes out of their mouths?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just because we aren't privy to "the evidence" does not mean that there is none. Perhaps there's proof that is indeed definitive, maybe he isn't quite ready to share. After all, many of us have speculated that TPTB know quite a bit more about the ET/UFO phenomenon that has been reavealed...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I actually agree with you whole heartedly. I do not mean to sound contrary or nitpick which words you choose. However the terminology is very important especially when speaking in absolutes.

I am a skeptic at heart. That means that i want to see things for myself and i want to understand things as completly as i can before i make a decision about its validity. When speaking in public forums you have to choose your words carefully if for no other reason than to keep the subject clear and counterarguments to a minimum.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreatyWomack
Just because we aren't privy to "the evidence" does not mean that there is none. Perhaps there's proof that is indeed definitive, maybe he isn't quite ready to share. After all, many of us have speculated that TPTB know quite a bit more about the ET/UFO phenomenon that has been reavealed...

yes but without that evidence you are still just speculating just like the folks who " really feel that the lizard people are real"

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tennessee77

Nobody is speaking in absolutes. We're just doing what humans do. We reach conclusions based on the available evidence.

In Court, Jurors reach conclusions based on the available evidence and we sent men to jail for life and to die based on this reason. Sometimes they get it wrong but it's a decision based on the available evidence.

So it's not speaking in absolutes, it's just reaching conclusions based on the available evidence. We do this in all walks of life because we weigh the available evidence.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

By "parents" im assuming you mean our govt. yes people lie all the time. That is why you should require definitive proof before you "believe" things. Im also assuming you believe in god based on your comments about the govt pushing atheism on the masses.

Also the "theory of evolution is no longer debateable". The process of evolution has been proven time and time again.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Tennessee77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Meh.
He probably knows as much as any of us do.
Until we shake-hands and start texting Aldebaran we can only extrapolate.
With that said, it would be extraordinarily stupid if there weren't any other species out there...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I'm not sure there are many that see the government as their parents much less are willing to just accept what they are told anymore , we have moved on as a people and the advent of multiple ways to access alternative news has opened many peoples eyes to the reality of the world they live in .

Even when your "parents" forced atheism and the theory of evolution in every school and threw out Our Creator?

If your creator exists chances are he created those two weird looking aliens as well as many others ....So whats the problem with Aliens being Alien ?

You would still believe what comes out of their mouths?

As I don't believe the things you stated yes I would believe most of what comes out of their mouths

Should this be a surprise? He didn't say it's possible. He didn't say maybe. He said definitely.

Not really a surprise no , Michio often talks about ET but he doesn't believe they've been here , so they exist but out there somewhere .

edit on 20-3-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Also. If you believe in the god of the bible and jesus, then you already accept the idea of alien beings coming from somewhere other than this planet to interact with humans.

I think someone believes everything they read or see on you tube.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

he wont go as far as stating whether its intelligent life. intelligent being able to replicate dna in that our experiences are recorded and passed down just like our genes. we are like god in that we create and manipulate information, quite litterally a tree of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tennessee77

Also. If you believe in the god of the bible and jesus, then you already accept the idea of alien beings coming from somewhere other than this planet to interact with humans.

I think someone believes everything they read or see on you tube.

fear makes us question faith, only someone who is not afraid can dream.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
Meh.
With that said, it would be extraordinarily stupid if there weren't any other species out there...

great minds dont teach what they know, instead they make us question what we think we know.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
While I support the statistical argument due the vastness of the Universe that there's more than enough room for even HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of intelligent alien civilizations, I've yet to see any evidence confirming such, nor any evidence that any might be visiting our tiny little speck of dirt.

If there's just one intelligent technological species per galaxy, that would equate to hundreds of billions of civilizations. Still, that's per galaxy, and the galaxies are vast not to mention the spaces between them and the universe itself.

If you could travel instantaneously anywhere, and spent just one single second at every star in just our galaxy, it'd take you over 12,000 YEARS to survey just our galaxy.
The rest of the Universe? It'd take longer than the Universe has even been in existence hundreds of billions of times over, and that's just one second per star at instantaneous travel.

Realistically?
Good luck on finding anyone or anything else in the lonely dark, especially since there's also that whole bothersome matter of Time and Timing. You may visit a spot once inhabited, but so long ago any sign is so far gone as to be unrecognizable. You may visit a spot that will have life, one day, but, millions of years hence.

To effectively survey the universe for life, one would need not only a time machine, but, would also need be effectively immortal to have time enough to actually effect an effective survey.
You'd have to be able to take snapshots of the entirety of the Universe in evolutionary feasible chunks of progression.
Snapshot our own planet only 1000 years ago and you'd find zero sign of 'intelligent' life detectable from space.

For now, however, invisible undetectable aliens anywhere in the universe, whether on the other side of it or right next door, they're worthless.
Invisible undetectable aliens are worthless until such time as we can observe them.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm in basic agreement with Tennessee77.

I also personally agree with Michio Kaku that life exists out there; I think evidence supports it. However (and I think this is what Tennessee77 is getting at), just because I think the evidence supports it, and just because Michio Kaku thinks the evidence supports it, and just because most other scientists today believe the evidence supports it, and frankly, just because the evidence DOES support it, that does not necessarily make it "The Truth" (and I'm using "Truth" in the philosophical sense of the word).

This will not become a known "Truth" until we actually have some sort of contact with this life.

"Truth" in the philosophical sense of the word exists outside of evidence, and outside of what we think and believe. Something is either the Truth -- or it's not. Aliens either exist -- or they do not. And whether or not Kaku (or anyone for that matter) believes evidence says there are aliens is irrelevant.

By the way, this isn't only the case for the question of life elsewhere in the universe, but this is also the case for a lot of what science tells us. I do personally believe most of the well-vetted scientific theories that I've learned about in my lifetime, but that still does not necessarily make them 100% "The Truth".

edit on 3/20/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Kaku is entitled to his own opinion, just like everybody else. But unless he can come up with agreed upon proof of alien existence, it's all just guesswork. And there is a huge difference between a guess or a probability and something actually existing.

As for looking for peas in the ocean, there's no logical reason to assume anybody is looking for us, just because we're looking. And the bottom line is, there's not a lot of practical difference between not discovering something that exists and not discovering something that doesn't exist. The end result is that nothing is discovered, so it doesn't matter whether it exists or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

While I support the statistical argument due the vastness of the Universe that there's more than enough room for even HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of intelligent alien civilizations, I've yet to see any evidence confirming such, nor any evidence that any might be visiting our tiny little speck of dirt.

If there's just one intelligent technological species per galaxy, that would equate to hundreds of billions of civilizations. Still, that's per galaxy, and the galaxies are vast not to mention the spaces between them and the universe itself.

If you could travel instantaneously anywhere, and spent just one single second at every star in just our galaxy, it'd take you over 12,000 YEARS to survey just our galaxy.
The rest of the Universe? It'd take longer than the Universe has even been in existence hundreds of billions of times over, and that's just one second per star at instantaneous travel.

Realistically?
Good luck on finding anyone or anything else in the lonely dark, especially since there's also that whole bothersome matter of Time and Timing. You may visit a spot once inhabited, but so long ago any sign is so far gone as to be unrecognizable. You may visit a spot that will have life, one day, but, millions of years hence.

To effectively survey the universe for life, one would need not only a time machine, but, would also need be effectively immortal to have time enough to actually effect an effective survey.

and if we are alone... that would mean we are special and would make god a little more relevent. ah how iron binds and irony unhinges.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

What?

Why would anyone need to do this?

You survey the system and find which planets contain life. We're currently doing this with Kepler and we're sending up nano satellites to get better data.

Again, these are arguments not based in reality. We will also discover new markers to look for as we search for life.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by raj10463

and if we are alone... that would mean we are special and would make god a little more relevent. ah how iron binds and irony unhinges.

Gagarin said it, perhaps not exactly that way, but, it was said.

Originally posted by neoholographic
reply to post by Druscilla

What?

Why would anyone need to do this?

You survey the system and find which planets contain life. We're currently doing this with Kepler and we're sending up nano satellites to get better data.

Again, these are arguments not based in reality. We will also discover new markers to look for as we search for life.

Yay. Nice. Wonderful. I wish the best of luck.
Fingers X'd.

It's all still, just a shot in the dark.
Until we find something, we won't know for sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Kaku never said anything about truth. You're debating something he never said.

The only truth is he reached the conclusion based on the available evidence.

You guys are the ones presenting opinion.

Where's the evidence that prevents extraterrestrial life from existing?

Again, when Scientist debate, they always debate for and against the proposition.

What in the laws of physics would prevent life from forming? Is there a special ingredient on earth that will prevent life from forming on other planets?

Again, we weigh the evidence and reach conclusions in all walks of life including science.

Why can't we weigh the evidence and reach the conclusion extraterrestrials exist?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by raj10463

Originally posted by drakus
Meh.

great minds dont teach what they know, instead they make us question what we think we know.

Exactly.
Therefore, he's not a "great mind".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join