It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They're Definitely Aliens in Outer Space" Michio Kaku

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hey guys see this youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking
I reckon we ARE extra-terrestrials.
We managed to escape from Mars before it finished the way it is today.
Now, NASA is thinking of trying to get back there which seems damn stupid as there's a strong possibility of a comet impact on October 19 2014!
There is no missing link. Civilisations rise and fall. As for aliens, tell me WHO discovered the longest line of latitude, the longest line of longitude and then founded a country where the two intersect? We all know, but how many thousands of years ago did that happen?
This planet is plastered with aliens.

Umm.... Middle of the Ocean just off Africa...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonbeleiver77

Zero point energy has some experimental evidence as to it's existence
en.wikipedia.org...

Both dark energy and dark matter exist, they are not theories, as to what they are..that is a different question.

This is why say open a few books first before making statements.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

Both dark energy and dark matter exist, they are not theories

Dark energy and dark matter are very confident theories.

But that's all they are.

So far as I'm aware, they haven't been discovered; in fact it's hard to see how they ever could be. Bit like looking for ghosts.

They are the result of intelligent/informed guess work to account for the anomalous behaviour of gravity as it applies to the movement of stars within galaxies.

They either exist or else Newtonian physics needs tweaking a bit.

Either could be the case.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
If a pea is lost out at sea, floating on the high waves and crashing down into the never ending turbulence, do you think you could find it, if you had no idea where to look?

If not, why? You're a highly intelligent creature, far more intelligent than any pea?

If that pea is never found, does this mean that you do not exist?

Can you exist, and never find that pea?

We're that pea.

You assume that your little comparison is perhaps "accurate enough", and yet, you know nothing of extraterrestrial species!!!

Look at our computing power. Now think of a civilization just 1,000 years further along than us.

For all we know, they can just point at a galaxy or galaxy cluster, and command their computers to scan them for all mineral content, lifeforms, whatever... habitable planets, planets with water, gold, etc... And have a whole set of graphs, statistics, lists, etc, downloaded into its mind, which is far more advanced than our brain and can absorb and assess the data with no problem.

Heck, maybe they can just do a full scan of everything within 13 billion lightyears in all directions, then warp to the edge of their scanned area, and repeat the scan, and so on...

There could be millions upon billions of species that can do this. The fact is we do not know.

I'm kinda... I dunno... Embarrassed for you, that your imagination cannot conceive of such things...

Your little pea analogy was cute though!

It's sure to get a lot of stars, as it comes in a neatly self contained nugget of bs that people are quite comfortable with. Way to go!
You deserve a pat on the head from your masters

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Originally posted by winofiend
If a pea is lost out at sea, floating on the high waves and crashing down into the never ending turbulence, do you think you could find it, if you had no idea where to look?

If not, why? You're a highly intelligent creature, far more intelligent than any pea?

If that pea is never found, does this mean that you do not exist?

Can you exist, and never find that pea?

We're that pea.

I'm kinda... I dunno... Embarrassed for you, that your imagination cannot conceive of such things...

That's the problem. Too much imagination. Very little..well lets just say ZERO proof, and facts.

Yes I know, Books, Movies, Documentaries, personal stories by people who are conveniently writing a book. "UFOLOGIST" that go into the woods take a picture of a moth and call it a light being.

No real proof. Just a lot of imagining.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

You're right, I'll change from now on.

No, but seriously, I am not speaking in absolutes here. The one who does, loses automatically. Because we are talking about something where nobody knows the answer.

My main point was simply that winofiend's analogy does not work. He's trying to make an accurate analogy for something about which he knows nothing...it just can't be done. You can't accurately predict the technological capabilities of a being or species we know nothing about. All we can surmise is they are vastly ahead of our own capabilities based on the evidence compiled so far...

Yes, we cant easily find a pea in the ocean, because we do not possess a sensor that can scan the entire planet and pinpoint the location of every pea and then reduce the search to the ocean and the specific type of pea you're looking for, or whatever else you need...

Try watching star trek.

Oh, but that's a tv show. It's not real. A little too much imagination for you, I suspect.

Oh, but wait... What's that? Half of the wild crazy inventions on star trek have been created in reality? Hmm, well maybe we can glean some clues about what might be invented in the future by taking a look at the Other half of wild crazy star trek gadgets that have not yet been invented or released to the public...

Oh would you look at that... They have a thing that can scan entire planets for lifeforms!!

Actually, if you could just take a moment and realise that so much of science today was once science fiction, you might then realize how silly you sound when you dismiss the usefulness and necessity of imagination...

Seriously, try reading some of the very first sci-fi books.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
Should this be a surprise? He didn't say it's possible. He didn't say maybe. He said definitely.

He said this on The Definitive Guide to Aliens. A new show that came on the Science Channel. Most of the Scientist in the show were talking as though extraterrestrials are a forgone conclusion.

This goes back to what I said before. Humans always weigh the available evidence then reach a conclusion. We do it in all walks of life.

It's just with areas that clash with people's belief system are we supposed to tip toe around obvious evidence because we need "extraordinary evidence."

I have reached the conclusion that extraterrestrials exist based on the available evidence. I have also reached the conclusion of visitation based on the available evidence.

I think they're a few reasons keep people from seeing the obvious based on evidence.

1. A belief system. Whether religious or atheist in nature. I actually think some in religion are actually more accepting of these things than atheist and skeptics.

In my talks with religious folks, many of them don't see a problem with the existence of extraterrestrials. When I debate atheist and skeptics they're the ones that seem scared to death of their existence. I think it's because the next natural question will be, did these advanced civilizations start some of the worlds religions. Then we have to look at things like the Bible in the context of advanced technology and not supernatural miracles.

2. I think the Bible and other text are full of Extraterrestrial Visitations and things like missing time. Like I said, if the Bible and other text is looked at from the standpoint of supernatural miracles then people can try to debate the supernatural. If it's seen in the context of advanced technology then the miracles are very easy to explain.

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

2.The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

3.Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

- Arthur C. Clarke

3. The egocentric view of life is disturbing to me. Basically life in the universe has to be started like life on earth. First, there's more evidence for Panspermia than there is for Abiogenesis and secondly there's no evidence that life on earth has some special ingredient that can't be duplicated anywhere else in the universe.

It was a good show and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Again, we don't need any special or extraordinary evidence, just evidence and there's plenty to support the conclusion that extraterrestrials exist.

edit on 20-3-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

I am not surprised due to my own contact and personal experiences. You are right on the money

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Being there is no peer review his imagination is as good as anyone's. I agree

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This entire thread is an insult to Kaku

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

It's just with areas that clash with people's belief system are we supposed to tip toe around obvious evidence because we need "extraordinary evidence."

Bravo and Amen to that.

This is EXACTLY why, to this day, there are still people who do and always will, try to debunk EVERYTHING alien and UFO related. Whether they realize it or not (often times they don't) the whole notion clashes with their deeply held firmly planted belief system and threatens their closely held and fragile world view.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by Wolfenz

That's one very good example why one should not exclude the possibility people in the past to have encountered technologically advanced civilization which clearly is not that of humans on the surface. Which is why people laugh at Ancient Aliens and disrespect the whole idea only because they found inaccuracies in one's claims but this is again part of their pseudoscientific approach to exclude something that isn't 100% clear and accurate.

The possibilities are two:
- A civilization, an alien one has come from outer space and flied through the Earth like these did when visiting the islands.
- The part saying - there is a civilization of beings living underground, thus the stories of UFOs in trenches, at the poles, caves. This civilization to be from Earth or to have settled to Earth millions of years ago and around their trips on the Earth surface, to be the reason for this encounters.
- Both - beings living underground and some visiting from outer space. thus the Heavens (i.e beyond the Earth) and Hell (those living underground in caves deep below)

I do not think this is far fetched, people need to start exploring the caves and those deep places underground more than exploring space. Because if such civilization is found to exist and hide, there will be the technology that humans need to do something more progressive in outer space.

True about advance technology in the Past the most talk about through out the centuries is Atlantis that talk about high technology as one example more less Lasers as a Tool and then you have Ancient India Text that talk about flying machines and a mass destructive bomb that made people sick hair fall out and die ( radiation) equivalent to a Modern Nuclear Bomb and those txts are right there for everything to see ( even Robert Oppenheimer the leader of the Project of Trinity Atom bomb said I became Death destroyer of worlds from those ancient text ) The Creators of us - that has brought us Fire Prometheus and how to use it to make and build but we live as Modern Man ( us as we are now ) has been on this planet for only 250,000 years the rest are Hominid well except the Neanderthal which existed on the planet when Modern Man came to existence ( well for a little While ) Yet there Is Unexplainable Evidence of Anomilieys that should not exist of Materials To foot prints

The Best Documentary to watch is !!

Mysterious Origins Of Man

Either Us Humans so long ago that some how some way we lost the technology

Or The Angels To Gods AKA Aliens ( ET's ) that did it

I say we may be the modification/Alteration of an Ape BIO Mechanics Engineering

Just think of Lego!! or a Erector Set all the made out of same Material ! right

but you can make anything you want out of it to look like something of the same !!

Now Wrap around the Neurons of An Ape times 3 (X3 Multiply ) then you would basically almost have a Human Brain

MAN can BIO Engineer!

Animal Farm Episode 1 Part 2 of 10

We All like the Gods Now even tho it just that 3 percent difference between Man or Ape in genetics

that and with that number 2 chromosome Fusion that we have and the so called Junk DNA LOL

Just Look what Man has Accomplished in 100 Years!! yet we been on this Planet for 250+ thousand years

edit on 30-3-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join