It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They're Definitely Aliens in Outer Space" Michio Kaku

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'd say I do support the idea that intelligent life exists on other planets, I would go on to say that I have seen zero evidence to support such intelligent E.T. life has ever landed on earth.

I think life in the universe is common but not common enough to be close in terms of our current ancient space-ship travel capability of close. This is probably to avoid the movie star-wars turning into reality, just think if 2 intelligently populated planets existed in close proximity, the first thing that would happen would be planetary war. God or nature if you will has placed these intelligently populated planets a safe distance from each other.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

What about it?

Can we 100% accurately measure how far Hitler's broadcast has reached into the cosmos?

And why does "E.T" have to be from outside of the Milky Way galaxy in the first place?
Because it helps people deny something that may be a very real phenomena?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParovStelar
Kaku is coming from the premise that biological evolution is simply a natural product of cosmological evolution that if happened here can happen anywhere.

From that perspective he might be right in asserting that there is life out there. Unfortunately for him he is a scientist and must obey to the laws of science and to claim such things without empirical evidence , observation or experiment only further discredit him as the attention ***** he has been for the past few years on TV.
edit on 20-3-2013 by ParovStelar because: (no reason given)

He's also coming from the much more proving piece of evidence and that is the numbers.

You know just like he does that we have only discovered a very tiny tiny tiny part of the whole universe to date but that discovered part is millions of light years across. Within that section of the universe is trillions of galaxies...within each galaxy is hundreds of millions of stars (i cant do that math but trillions times hundreds of millions is a lot).

and around each star are a number of planets. each star has what is called the habitable zone around it which is an area around the star that if a planet resides, would be not too hot, or not too cold and has a good chance of supporting life.

Kaku is saying look at those numbers!! do you think that earth is the ONLY plenet out of millions of trillions of others to have life on it? and thats just the known universe, call it our back yard but the rest of the universe is far bigger and to say we are the only planet with life is arrogant.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
This is patently false. Current technology is just about to peak beyond which the limits imposed on us by physics do not allow us to advance any further.

who told you that?

first of all, i think you mean blatantly. Nobody is patenting anything here leave copyright out of this

and second, who told you we cant advance any further? ignore them. There is no evidence to support that. human technology is always advancing, and will continue to do so for thousands of years. perhaps not at the rate at which it has been over the last century but it will advance.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
i dont think any of the atheists that i know (myself included) are TERRIFIED in any way of the idea of extra terrestrial life, we are just skeptical, i love the idea of alien life and i am damn sure it is out there, the universe is just to damn big for there not to be something other than this pale blue dot.

now as to visitations, that is where i run into the wall of skepticism, like most of the big questions there is that much information that is pro and con that it is hard to sort the wheat from the chaff so i will keep my stance on it being unlikley till better and more positive proof comes along.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by neoholographic

Now ask your self this:
What do you do, when you get bit by a bug?

Quite frankly, if the bug bit me because I frightened it, I wouldn't do anything to it (unless it could threaten my life). I get bitten all the time in my line of work by insects and critters and I don't get mad at them. I certainly don't eradicate their entire race for christ's sake.

Your logic is based on the idea that an alien race could evolve to the intelligence required to travel the vast distances required to get here... without breaking out of the Neanderthal mentality which we seem locked into.

Think about this: We'll never leave this planet alive until we live peacefully. So why would any other race? Any extraterrestrial race which could make it here would be either 1) evil and very secretive and scarce in number, as evil beings tend to fight amongst themselves for power and influence. In which case, they couldn't reveal their presence - simply to ensure their own survival, as there's plenty more "good" beings than "evil" beings on this planet (and probably in the cosmos, too). Is this disputable? I suppose. But I figure that if there were indeed more evil in the cosmos than good, then we'd all certainly know about it. No doubt, evil exists.. but I believe it is a minority group (albeit, a group with great influence - primarily due to humanity's self-perception of hopelessness. We are a benevolent species paralyzed by fear. You cannot argue against that! Most people you meet are just like you.).

Or... aliens would be benevolent, because they would have realized that a sentient species (not a violent neanderthal species) flourishes and thrives better in its natural environment when they work together, get along, and support each other. Which is really just an extension of the natural "tribe" phenomenon that arises with neanderthal beings - a phenomenon which these beings may have expanded to include all living sentient beings and not just their own race based on the science of the universe which implies that at its deepest atomic origins, every living thing comes from the same place.

Now, if we've worked this out as humans locked into perpetual conflict with each other by these minority groups of "evil" beings (the Elite) - then surely a species which has had the time and patience to develop the technologies required to master intergalactic (and possibly even interdimensional) travel, then they'd have worked out such a basic and intrinsic law of nature a very long time ago.

.... In which case, they definitely would not reveal themselves to us - until we were of a biological, technological and spiritual maturity to handle such information without killing ourselves in the ensuing chaos, or destroying ourselves by trying to fight these beings off.

My point being: humans look at aliens from a human perspective. But, I'm sorry to tell you - in the eyes of the cosmos, you're an idiot. That includes me. And a civilization hundreds of times the age of ours would probably not look down on us for that, but embrace the natural cycles which we're all a part of and do their best to protect such cycles from the derailment of evil beings. A complex and sophisticated battle of good vs evil, no doubt.

We're trying to make sense of an issue that we've only just scratched the surface of. I think it's going to take a little more open-mindedness to reach the bottom of it. Whether you believe in aliens or not is like whether you believe in heaven or not - either way, we came from somewhere. And either way, we all die. The question remains: where did we come from? And where do we go?

Aliens is just a miniscule theory that encompasses even larger questions than that. So don't expect a simple answer. It just doesn't exist. It's the nature of the universe: all natural systems are remarkably complex, yet simple in their experience. And so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things unfold - cuz one thing's for sure... whether the aliens are good or bad; when they want us to know they exist, then we'll know about it alright!

edit on 22/3/2013 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

once you entertain the idea, all the other mysteries we find on Earth are solved

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnarchist
It's the nature of the universe: all natural systems are remarkably complex, yet simple in their experience. And so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things unfold - cuz one thing's for sure... whether the aliens are good or bad; when they want us to know they exist, then we'll know about it alright!

actually you've got it backward, all natural systems are remarkably simple, yet complex in their experience. and I don't think you can just stereotype all alien species as having the same agenda towards us or otherwise lack of interest in our state of affairs. My gut tells me most of them don't care what we know or don't know about them.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by milomilo

Originally posted by Anonbeleiver77

Originally posted by raj10463
the known universe (not including the rest of the undiscovered universe) is so large that there is the possibility of anything. a 99% chance that there is a planet full of only pink elephants that can fly. our universe is so big that there is a 99% chance that there is another earth, an exact replica. the universe is so big that it may as well be infinite.

edit on 20-3-2013 by raj10463 because: (no reason given)

I like that
The universe is infinite is it not?

nothing in material world last forever.. there are nothing material that infinite..

"Space" is immaterial, it is the absence of matter, it is the definition of infinite, as far as we know it goes on forever no edges, no border, a lot of it may be completely empty because the matter of the big bang is still expanding.
But "space" is void, nothingness, it dosnt exist because it is nothing emptiness.
You can say that everything is finite but "nothing" as a place is infinite.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If you ever want to look at infinity all you have to do is go outside on a clear night and look at a point in the sky with no stars...
Your looking at forever

To think that out in all that space we are the only life I think is either very very arrogant
Or means that we are very very special
edit on 22-3-2013 by Anonbeleiver77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Despite your frustrating misuse of the word "They're", it was a decent post, but didn't bring many new ideas onto the table, it seemed like you were just describing the show.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

the known universe (not including the rest of the undiscovered universe) is so large that there is the possibility of anything. a 99% chance that there is a planet full of only pink elephants that can fly. our universe is so big that there is a 99% chance that there is another earth, an exact replica. the universe is so big that it may as well be infinite.

I like that

nothing in material world last forever.. there are nothing material that infinite..

"Space" is immaterial, it is the absence of matter, it is the definition of infinite, as far as we know it goes on forever no edges, no border, a lot of it may be completely empty because the matter of the big bang is still expanding.
But "space" is void, nothingness, it dosnt exist because it is nothing emptiness.

Actually space could be bubbling with zero point energy and nothing at all like you say here. Open a few books.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
If a pea is lost out at sea, floating on the high waves and crashing down into the never ending turbulence, do you think you could find it, if you had no idea where to look?

If not, why? You're a highly intelligent creature, far more intelligent than any pea?

If that pea is never found, does this mean that you do not exist?

Can you exist, and never find that pea?

We're that pea.

Side note - not sure why, your avatar creeps me the hell out.

Word

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManInAsia

I like that

Actually space could be bubbling with zero point energy and nothing at all like you say here. Open a few books.

Zero point energy, dark matter/energy is theory, speculation
Still as far as we know for now space is still just a void
I read books, I also have a subscription to new scientist
Maybe you should read some too! And realise that these are still just theory/speculation
"could" is the operative word

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManInAsia

I like that

Zero point energy, dark matter/energy is theory, speculation
Still as far as we know for now space is still just a void
I read books, I also have a subscription to new scientist
Maybe you should read some too! And realise that these are still just theory/speculation
"could" is the operative word

Gravity is just a theory too, so is evolution. Forgive us for beliving reasonable theories to be facts. I seriously question how a skeptic gets out of bed, when matter is just a theory. Thankfully belief isn't a requisite for reality.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

that's a nice way of framing it...well said and relevant

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If you ever want to look at infinity all you have to do is go outside on a clear night and look at a point in the sky with no stars...
Your looking at forever

To think that out in all that space we are the only life I think is either very very arrogant
Or means that we are very very special
edit on 22-3-2013 by Anonbeleiver77 because: (no reason given)

That's a wonderful way of putting it...looking at forever and being one with the cosmos.

I wonder, sometimes, if we are indeed just very very special and the events leading up to the creation of the Earth's specific life, especially sentient life, on this planet could not be repeated easily.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by sean

What about it?

Can we 100% accurately measure how far Hitler's broadcast has reached into the cosmos?

And why does "E.T" have to be from outside of the Milky Way galaxy in the first place?
Because it helps people deny something that may be a very real phenomena?

I think you are missing the point of that graphic.

Forget "outside the Milky Way". Our radio broadcasts have barely gone anywhere inside the Milky Way. It could be that other ET life has no idea that our civilization even exists, considering what a tiny dust spec we are compared to the galaxy, and also considering the tiny distance our radio waves have ever traveled.

It would be like standing on the shore of a deserted island, yelling out toward a ship passing way out on the far horizon, hoping someone on that ship can hear you.

edit on 3/22/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

We have only been broadcasting into space for just under 100 years. As we start to advance into more and more digital communications we are being to go dark again. We may not have any signals broadcasting by the end of the century. That's a pretty small time window for an alien race to have their dishes pointed in our direction and get a signal.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robbnn
Well, I'm a devote Christian and I fully accept that there is life on other planets. Pretty big canvas for God not to paint anywhere but here.

I don't think any have visited Earth. To take the pea analogy further, the folks looking for the pea would be microbes with busted flagella. I don't believe the speed of light is constant, but I also don't think it's ever been slower than it is now; the light-centuries our ETs would have to travel at sub-light speeds would be insurmountable.

The UFOs that are seen are either flights of fancy or classified aircraft. I love the romance of being visited, I just don't think it's happened.

Of course, if other-dimensional shortcuts are possible...

if look in deep about Christianity you will see that its dipped Sumerian and Egyptian too

My belief that the God Christian/Hebrew God that is Is Not the Higher Order in the ranks The God is The Keeper Care taker of this Planet we live in .. not the Universe as some Belived but in historic ancient records in TXT Scripture Statues Carvings and Ancient Painting of religion around the world especially Sumerian Assyrian Greek Roman Norse Etc... All Lead Up to The SKY of their Gods from those of Heaven Come Down to Earth ... Faster then Light Speed we have yet to discovered

Sumarian Anunnaki - Christians and Hebrews considered this to be An angel

Question you like your Android Phone ?

What Would you Think if Alexander Gram Bell Saw it Just after he Invented he may know how to use it if he was taught how but He and N oone Would even know how it was created nor the Machines that Help Made it and that's only Over 100 year Ago

when you think of some billion year Older Star System that has Life and sentient Beings on it that may have Millions of Years Head Start Over Us coming Here to this Planet in someway we Would considered they Must Be gods when Technology was so Primitive

Unexplainable technology of ancient past in peru

The God in his Flying Chariot ( Sumerian Assyrian )

how GOD and Religion created?

A clip fro Chariot of the Gods Documentary back in the 70s

A simple explanation of Primitive Man has seen that came from the sky of what they have Seen Long Ago

you may want to re-look on the bible and the existing Ancient Art (paintings Carved Stone Statues etc.) from different cultures around the World

True it Could be Inter Dimensional - they... the So Called Gods

Or

Us from the Future to the Present Time Line to the Past if you can consider Time Travel
edit on 22-3-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join