"They're Definitely Aliens in Outer Space" Michio Kaku

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos

Originally posted by neoholographic
I never bought this argument. With our limited technology, we're finding that pea. Just think where technology will be just 100 years from now. 60 years ago, people would have said we can never find these planets. That's just assumptions based on the current technology.

This is patently false. Current technology is just about to peak beyond which the limits imposed on us by physics do not allow us to advance any further. It is a fallacious thinking to believe you can extrapolate the exponential growth of the past 2 centuries indefinitely into the future. That technological advancement was an anomaly that will never be repeated in the future. Our airplanes may seem so advanced to you, but they function on the same exact principles of the primitive rocketry that has been around for many centuries.

To declare the statement patently false with no reasonable explanation why our technology is about to peak is ridiculous. Heck, nano computers are in experimental stages, and quantum computers are still in the realm of theoretical science (though demonstrated in a rudimentary scale.) in a matter of years, we will have the technology to build a skyscraper with a computer program, raw materials, and some energy. At some point, we'll likely have an energy harness which grabs all of the solar radiation which doesn't get absorbed by planets and turns it into usable enegy, at a rate per second greater than the annual sum total of Earth's energy expenditure. If anything, we may see temporary slowdowns in technological Advancement, but they will be interspersed with much bigger breakthrough/leaps than we have ever experienced before. Logic, and the very nature of technology dictates that this March onward and upward will never stop, unless we (humanity) set ourselves back.

And just to bitpick a bit, airplanes don't really use anything like rocket technology, except that they use thrust. You could say the same about a future ion-propelled engine.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Extra-terrestrials most definitely exist on other planets and in other solar systems. We'd be stupid idiots that are stupidly stupid, to stupidly (I know, right...) think we were the only ones who existed out of the trillions of star systems and galaxy's out there.

The real question is, are there any local enough, who've figured out how to traverse through the stars economically, and survive. That's the rub.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

You are on the right track of thinking I believe. Think about this is ETs do exist and have shaped our history possibly even created the world religions in their original forms then they pose a threat to a world government who does not want their existence known. Think along the lines of Prometheus the movie, they don't want us looking for those creators because they would be very displeased with TPTB that have hid and destroyed their existence from man.

Annunaki had most of their history in Sumeria in modern day Iraq...hmm well we invaded them. In fact we invaded them a month after the possible tomb of Gilgamesh was found and while there robbed the Museums of Iraq and took away their guards from the archaeology digs which were also plundered. In the Museums of Iraq were 1,000s of undeciphered cuneiform tablets yet to be deciphered. Coincidence?

The Dogon tribe a tribe that had somehow knowledge of Sirius B before we had found it and told of sky gods who came and shared knowledge and had to live in the water. The Dogon are mainly in Mali now...we now have France in their fighting "Al-Quiada" with no media coverage. Coincidence?

The Zoroastrians told the stories of Ahura Mazda facing off against an equal being that was evil called Angra Mainyu which many believe is the true creation of Satan that the catholic church adopted. The stories say these two would fight above the cities through the air causing devastation to the people below and almost mirror the battles that Enki and Enlil seemed to have from Annunaki mythos. The center of this religion was Yzad, Iran. Hmmm we seem to be trying pretty hard to attack Iran and I have even found Yzad encoded in a message.

So I am not saying it is Aliens, buy yeah it is alien existence in our past they are most likely trying to destroy.
edit on 21-3-2013 by XGodofWar because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"...there is a negligible chance that two planets will produce intelligent life that matches in its development level to within even a million years. A randomly selected technological community is likely to be many millions or even billions of years ahead of us"

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Great. But of course I believe in ETs anyway.

It's nice to finally get verbal confirmation from an Establishment scientist.

I couldn't stand Carl Sagan -- talk about Establishment shills.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by ThinkingCap

However, unlike the pea, we are constantly broadcasting messages into space.

You can hardly even see the dot which represents how far our radio signals have travelled. And that's just a picture of our own galaxy, and there's a reasonable chance that we are the only intelligent species in this galaxy.

That's isn't our Milky Way galaxy.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
edit on 21-3-2013 by NicholasMoran1986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

Yes, absolutely correct. We couldn't get a shot of the Milky Way from such an angle anyway - at least not yet.

Yet, the gent's point was made...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think life was a happy accident here and only here. Sure there are microbes other places in the solar system, but the came from here. There may even be microbes on other planets, but they all started here. Earth sheds life like a sprinkler sheds water. We contaminate the space we go through. But as far as life starting on other planets, the conditions have to be exact and even then nothing can happen.

There is zero evidence of life elsewhere. Zero. Nothing but speculation. In 20 or 30 years when we can take spectra of the atmospheres of extra solar planets we may find something. But I am willing to bet we will not.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I think most of the scientific community has hidden their theories and opinions regarding extra-terrestrial life, and rightfully so. Up until Carl Sagan, speculating openly on the subject has lead to career suicide. I'm a huuuuuuge fan of Mr Kaku and I agree 100%. It won't be long, people. Now that we have the scientists at ease and contemplating the if and when's....... more answers are en route. I can't wait. It will change life on this planet forever. Hopefully for the better. S & F my friend.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
If a pea is lost out at sea, floating on the high waves and crashing down into the never ending turbulence, do you think you could find it, if you had no idea where to look?

If not, why? You're a highly intelligent creature, far more intelligent than any pea?

If that pea is never found, does this mean that you do not exist?

Can you exist, and never find that pea?

We're that pea.

Yes actually we can, and easily if you understood quantum entanglement. By the way your pea analogy is not the same as a high intelligent civilization who master the travel of space through travels and communications faster than the speed of light looking for another highly intelligent civilization on the brinks of mastering such technology.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It was a good show and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Again, we don't need any special or extraordinary evidence, just evidence and there's plenty to support the conclusion that extraterrestrials exist.

Indeed, especially from eye witnesses.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

That's assuming that they are even listening to radio or tv signals.

The pea argument is a valid one.

You could have a bright strobe light on a raft in the ocean. And you'd miss the strobe light if you weren't actively looking.

The ocean is huge and space even larger. It's like asking someone in a jet flying at 30K feet to try and find a pea in the ocean.

That's assuming they are inter-galactic and not intra-galactic.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Awesome, I wonder what aliens know about black holes?

Here is some classic Art Bell with the Dr.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean

You can hardly even see the dot which represents how far our radio signals have travelled. And that's just a picture of our own galaxy, and there's a reasonable chance that we are the only intelligent species in this galaxy.

Yes it is.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by sean

Yes it is.

www.nasa.gov...

Read the second and third paragraph "The artist's concept"

edit on 21-3-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Jeeze - I just watched the video if him taken in the minutes before the OP's particular clip, in which he addressed a question "What do you think of UFOs? Or Extraterrestrials?" DeGrasse gave one of the most asinine, arrogant responses I've heard in a long time - literally making a mockery of the entire field of UFOlogy.

In fact this entire rant was a sort of caveat to his shockingly ignorant, even insulting, blanket dismissal of the work and research of countless individuals who have devoted their careers if not their entire lives to this subject. It is fine to be ignorant of a subject - but to cavalierly rant about a subject that one clearly has no knowledge of, is not the act of an intelligent man. He's good at math, though. And public speaking. And probably selling books. (Yep, I just checked - he appears to be one of those celebrity scientists who doesn't actually work, or research - they just give public lectures, and write popular-science books for laymen - similar to Michio Kaku)

It's easy to love these guys, since they are all over the media, always bringing interesting advancements in science to the awareness of the public. They're fantastic in that respect. They make people interested in science, at a time when many seem disillusioned by the ever-increasing specialization of scientific disciplines (the farther the gap between cutting-edge science and the knowledge of the general public grows, the more the public becomes estranged from Academia). So I'm not entirely sure how I feel about them. A necessary evil, perhaps =)

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join