It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Women Of Cincinnati- Absurd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I really don't even know what to say. This police woman violates this guy's rights as a citizen in front of a camera for a nationally syndicated television program. If she feels confident enough to abuse her power in a situation like that I'd hate to see what she would be willing to do off camera. And you know there are thousands of others just like her.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I spent more time looking into the comedy channel that shows this, and was left gape jawed and rather bewildered, like someone put something funny in my drink.

That's not a mock show, is it. That is a real 'reality cop' show.

they're real cops.

with the big hat and big coats. and the really unprofessional manner in which they operate.

ok, when things start to appear like this I rekon I need to go to bed.

it can't be real.. this has to be due to some chemical and biological funky business going on inside by skull..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hmmm, words that come to mind: Unprofessional, discourteous, rude, bully, tiny woman who wants to be a big badass, show that glorifies police who ignore our bill of rights, and a total waste of time.

I am so bloody tired of shows about doctors, lawyers and cops. Reality shows about cops in which they act in such a manner? TLC has become the Jerry Springer of television. Their shows insult our intelligence and teach us to accept the unacceptable.

If I were trapped in front of the TV and was made to watch this idiotic tripe, I would gouge my own eyes out.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

From the same channel airing "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo!". The Learning Channel. As ridiculous a use of the word "learning" as you're likely to find.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I stand up for the cop. The two guys were acting suspicious. That's enough for reasonable doubt. I believe police can search without a warrant because of reasonable doubt.
The two were acting suspicious, loud music inside, probably other factors off camera, = reasonable doubt (for what the officers were called for)
edit on 20-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Talk about a Napoleon Complex. Holy crap.

Since when is it law that all doors have to be ajar in the presence of police?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Funny that as we have seen over the years with media cameras and shows like COPS, RSHP and most recently and notoriously Detroit SWAT, they are prone to showing off and escalating situations in front of their cameras but they'll smash your face into the sidewalk for filming them with your camera.

I guess it's a lot like telling dirty or offensive jokes. When it's you and your buddies it's a hoot but the moment somebody else walks in it's all hush-hush and "you shouldnt be in here!"

Cameras rolling for reality TV = time to jackass it up to show how awesome you are

Citizen cameras rolling on your beat = smash and arrest the commie summabitch

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I stand up for the cop. The two guys were acting suspicious. That's enough for reasonable doubt. I believe police can search without a warrant because of reasonable doubt.
The two were acting suspicious, loud music inside, probably other factors off camera, = reasonable doubt (for what the officers were called for)

I disagree. Firstly because African Americans tend to clam up around cops, especially white ones. That's just how it is. They should have known this.

Secondly, the guys you say were acting "suspicious" were exercising their 4th amendment rights.

Thirdly, since when does loud music equate with criminal activity? A noise complaint should have been dealt with by the cops simply saying that there was a call put in about a noisy party, and they needed to turn the volume down as a courtesy to their neighbors.

The female cop said that "somebody could be behind the door". Uh...okay, but those guys were blocking the door, so if there was a threat behind the door with a gun or knife, who's gonna get it? That was just an excuse she used because they didn't cower and bow down before the almighty badge and night stick.

We should not have to live in a culture where standing up for our rights is an arrestable offense.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Get a search warrant then. You DO NOT have to open your door to the police.

Nice slave mentality you got there player.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I was unaware that loud music was reasonable suspicion for criminal behavior.

Heck, I get nervous and "suspicious" around cops even when I know I'm not breaking a law. Why? They can do a lot of things, having a badge. They can lie, make your life hell, arrest you, plant stuff on you when you haven;t broken the law they thought, and it's your word against theirs. And theirs is oftentimes supreme (especially in court).

Back to the thread:

That said, all of these cop reality shows are really getting on my nerves. It seems to be purposeful conditioning for obedience and the police state, and how anyone that tries to exercise their constitutional rights is slapped by the man.

I used to watch those shows, now they just piss me off how they treat citizens and get televised (read rewarded and not punished) for it—and how it's condoned.

Granted, many of those people deserve their charges, etc, but it's still free propaganda for the US Police State.

OBEY what we say or PAY the price.

ETA:

What a B.

"I'm not shaking your hand." Granted, it's not procedure to do anything that could put the officer at risk (the dude could grab her, whatever), but that contemptuous remark was implying something completely different: You're just a scum citizen, and I am an Officer of the law. And then, "Open the door." Uh, what? Excuse me, woman, i don't have to do crap. This is my house. Charged with Obstruction?? I don't have to open my door unless you have a warrant, you hot blonde, cop, you, with an inferiority complex.

THIS is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to the cop shows.

Unless you have a warrant, get off my porch and off my property. I'm calling my attorney.

See, I'd love to know what happens after this, because he didn't break any law, and she had no legal right to do what she did..It's entertainment. And conditioning.

BUT those guys generally have to sign a release to get their likeness put on the TV, which is something that most people don't know. And the film crew can't technically or legally trespass either, either when the cops are acting all...douch-y-cop-y.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yea, unfortunately this is real, lol. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. This lady could possibly have psychological issues the way she is screaming and carrying on acting "tough". The only thing "tough" about her is the badge and camera there. I'm not even fully convinced that woman would be able to detain either of those gentlemen WITH that billy club she uses as a door knocker, if it were to come to that.

Did anyone else notice how the male cop said nothing? I don't know what to really make of it, I guess the show is called Police Woman of Cincinnati but you would think the male cop would insert himself at some point?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Their first mistake was stepping through the doorway.

Once you do that, a cop can pretty much arrest your for looking at them the wrong way.

At that point, you are "in public".

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I love how people can twist words to fit their train of thought.

I have exercised my right by refusing an officer to enter my home so I know all about that and I believe I stated something to the effect of "the cops were there because" so no, I didn't say they were there for loud music.

@Fission, I know that they clam up, trust me but it seemed all to obvious to me that they were suspicious from how the last one closed the door behind him to the stuttering of the other guy and his buddy trying to offer him advice. Hmmm.

Either way, right or wrong, not all cops are bad and not all cops are out to get us. IF anything they are severely underpaid for risking their lives every time they put on the uniform and punch in.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Reasonable doubt is not enough to search a home. What she did is out and out illegal, whether or not there was illegal activity going on.

If she thought there was grounds for a search based on reasonable doubt, she would have went to a judge and got a warrant.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla

Thank you for clarifying. That is why I said "I believe". I did not state "the law states" or anything of that nature to give the officers a right to search or enter into the home.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

Good for those young men. Especially the one dressed like a gang banger, wearing all red.

mark this day in history: i am siding, in this instance, with the gang banger over the cop.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I have to side with the "gang banger" guy also even though I am a police officer. I have used "knock and talk" many times to gain legal entry into a home to talk with someone and if there is evidence left out in plain view, usually because there wasn't time to hide it, then it's all over.

The main reason the officer wanted the door open was to be able to see what might fall in the "plain view" category. Both young men were in the right to refuse to open the door or to even speak with the officers unless there was a reasonable suspicion to believe that they had committed a crime.

Just as a hunch from doing this for many years I would probably say that if the door was to be left open a very pungent odor would have emanated from within.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Nervous and loud music isn't reasonable doubt. Blood, screaming, broken windows, and things of that such are. I wouldn't open my door and I suggest you wouldn't either sir. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

Eta The wifey loves this show. I see them act like decent human beings alot. Whenever their Sargent or back up is there they always act like they are the most bad ass cops that ever walked the Earth.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

top topics

join