It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One good thing about this election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I was just listening to the news and they are expecting a high 50% to 60% turnout rate. Now we have not had a turnout like that since the 1960's

So it doesnt matter who you are voting for it doesnt matter what you beliefs are. Its just good to see that people are finally beginning to use their voice's, for whatever reason.

Hopefully people will now start trying to get more involved in their country and take an active roll.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Okay this is just plane sad. As long as the topic doesnt talk about who to vote for or something slanderous, hardly any people read it.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm sure the voting turnout will be in the 60% range, though it was 55% last election. People voicing their opinion is good - but if it's an uneducated opinion it's worse. And I have reason to believe that the majority of the eligible voters in USA do not research candidates enough to have a good reason to vote for them. This is a sad thing in a democratic republic - and will lead to the destruction of our country.

- Attero

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yes, this is also a sad reality. I think that people should be required to answer a certain amount of questions correctly before they could vote for or against a candidate. Unforunately that would be considered voter supression. I guess thats why you don't have to be able to read to vote.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if a significant proportion of voters are uninformed. Statistically you will see as many uninformed Bush supporters as Kerry supporters spread evenly over the country so they will cancel each other out.

new topics

top topics

join