It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letting the flesh do good.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can find myself into this.

Romans 7:

The Law and Sin

-------

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Screwed if you are, screwed if you're not. Either way, you're kissing someone's boots. Hell of a way to live, and it certainly doesn't encourage my cooperation.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Then I did good..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Nice post Angle. Hopefully, the war will end soon.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

Ephesians 6:11-12

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Someone biblequotes on salvation on this? I don't want to come over as pushing or anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Hopefully, the war will end soon.
I doubt Paul was talking about an apocalyptic cosmic war.
I think he is saying as long as we are in these mortal bodies, we are going to behave in a naturally human way that we can't help by wishing it away.
There are things that mitigate that natural earthbound creature tendency, which is a spirit that comes from God and can dwell within us.
The effects of that spiritual influence will be felt in our psyche before it takes hold of every aspect of our interaction with the material world that we live in and struggle with on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Romans 7:

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.

Thoughts anyone?

Paul is a fraud.

'Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Woh... Never thought i'd hear that from you

new topics

top topics

join