It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013: Canada's Best City To Live In....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Just dropped my uncle off at the airport heading back to Calgary, he was just visiting to golf cause you can actually stand outside with a tshirt and not freeze

I live in BC and have a huge desire to move to Alberta for a job and to play hockey every day on a frozen lake, but stay for the environment and utter peace I can achieve here.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Poor whittle poo poo.

How dare I have an opinion that disagrees with you....how dare me???
edit on 20-3-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

It's funny looking at both of your avatars, not too hard to figure out who has the larger ego and who takes themselves more seriously.

If you think your ego might be a tad too powerful, I highly recommend this:

Peace.......
edit on 20-3-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by DrumsRfun

I don't care who started it. I have the power to stop it.

Would you like me to, or would you prefer to keep being able to post?

Knock off the schoolyard stuff and stick to the topic.

Only warning.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
^ You added me as a foe.

Get out of my thread

HAHA!!

I'll add you as a friend... Does that make you feel better?

One lost... one gained.... all even!

Good for Calgary either way... My little city of St.Catherines is one of the most dangerous in all of Canada per Capita...

Yup... I live in the armpit of Canada... The Niagara region...

*shrug* meh...

edit on 20-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Does the PENN Centre still exist??

I lived in Welland.....been there many times.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Does the PENN Centre still exist??

Unfortunately...

They've improved it a little.... if you consider that to be possible...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Poor whittle poo poo.

How dare I have an opinion that disagrees with you....how dare me???

It's funny looking at both of your avatars, not too hard to figure out who has the larger ego and who takes themselves more seriously.

If you think your ego might be a tad too powerful, I highly recommend this:

Peace.......
edit on 20-3-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

LOL. calm down there sally.

Yeah, I know whom Eckhart Tolle is. I've read 2 of his books, Power Of Now and A New Earth.

I missed entering a Smiley face, which resolves all.

You dont know me, bro!

Edit:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Some more thoughts on this BS propaganda garbage.

Vancouver was on the list but has a junkie district and has problems with gangs.
Toronto....Jane and Finch....I need say nothing more.
My hometown has homeless people begging on the streets on almost every block in the downtown core.
Winnipeg is a tough place.
Hamilton is a tough city as well....yet all of these cities are the best places in Canada to live???
Really???
Are these people who wrote that article and made this list,on drugs themselves????

In small towns its VERY different and i have seen less of the problems there then i do in the cities mentioned in that BS article.

I agree with you Toronto isn't safe any more and its all thanks to the immigration policy.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Not judging, just observing.

Never actually made any explicit references.

I don't know what "sally" means.

Smiley faces ARE a great way to negate strong egos.

Congrats on your win!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

I agree about it being too flat in Alberta. I don't like that after living in BC. BC has beautiful scenery.
Calgary is too much of a country music scene for my liking, but if you're into Rodeos, its the place to go I guess.

The people seemed friendly enough but in comparison to vancouverites come off as a 'slow'. Not to be rude. I guess they don't have their guard up like we do in Vancouver. I couldn't live there.

Fort macmurray in ALTA is the place to go for good pay, hard to get a motel because of that. If you want to live in a hell hole that is!

edit on 20-3-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ok peeps,lets calm down a tad.
I have lived in many a small towns and just simply disagree with this article in a very big way.
As I said in my first post...its BS.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I should say and don't know about any stats but the crime rate seemed low. Judging by the nightly news, there were no stabbings, murders to report like in Vancouver.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

My area was named number 1 last year...yet i have places i can't go without getting robbed or swarmed.
Again....the article is BS.

If my town was named the best in Canada last year....i have to go find someone to sell some magic beans to.
I am in the wrong business.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Was born and rasied here in the BC lower mainland due to work (tower rigging) I got to see this great country. I stayed in so many little towns off the beaten path and have added to my list of places to go again greatly, but of all the place I have been I don't know if I would say "I'm going back to Calgary".

I am sure that yes there is work there the oilsands alone make the need for condos, houses, and support infrastructure neccesary, but I agree it does seem "slower" there nothing against the peeps maybe its just upbringing and a more relaxed approach to life, but there was something off, in fact noticed it a bunch in many places across Canada. It even made me start to adapt and within myself I became a "British Columbian" more than a "Canadian" because it seemed like everyone else was not like people from BC have that certain thing about us can't quite put a finger on it.

My interest in the praries does reside in the fact, I could still own a house with a yard there and maybe even know my neighbors. In Vancouver I would be hard pressed to find a 1bdrm studio for the same price as a 3 bdrm house with a yard in the praries, and if you know your neighbor in Vancouver or even speak roughly the same language consider yourself lucky.

Of all the things going for the coast oceans, mountains, beaches so on and so forth, the draw becomes less and less as everything around me becomes so priced out of my range, I love this place and tell everyone who has never been that as the gov ads say "it's the best place on earth".

But BC also stands for "bring cash" or "be criminal" since you need a little of both it seems to survive in the new Vancouver which makes me not so unhappy that Calgary has the ranking it has achieved it's def not for everyone.

But for anyone interested in a future, with a good paying job, a nice family home, who can take watching your dog or wife leave till they get to Saskatchewan LoL said in jest then its a great place.

I just after being away from the ocean and mountains with work for awhile, cant bring myself to say goodbye for good and chase all of the above.... one day but for now I'll over pay, dodge crackheads in DT and continue to elect the criminal elite to spend my money and lie through there teeth right here in Vancouver BC....

Be on the look out though Calgarian once all of us have had enough of BC and the Lib/NDP BS you can be sure I'm coming for those jobs that you aint taking. In fact if ya know of any engineering firms hiring techs of master draftspeople send me a DM
till then I'll wave as I wait at layovers at the airport heading east.

Take Care

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

Well said

I do realize Calgary is a fairly good city but I couldn't truly enjoy living there.
I wasn't born in Canada but have lived in a lot of cities, Saskatoon, north Vancouver, kamloops, prince Rupert, Prince George, surrey and most places in the Fraser Valley.

It can't be said enough that living in BC has better recreational choices. We have theatres, more concerts and sporting events. The downtown area is rough but if you can take it, its a better atmosphere; hard to explain. Whistlerr; the best ski resort in the world. Beaches, ocean, lakes, rivers, wild rapids for rafting, and mountains. Its why most Hollywood movies are filmed her because it has everything. Every type of scenery to mimick other places in the world.

Its like once you've driven out of Alberta, through The Rockies and Banff, you get back into mountainous parts and green trees, you realize what a beautiful province you live in and what a dreary place you just left behind.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was born in a village with 80 people in NB...

So, I enjoy this place.

Thanks for all responses.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Does the truth hurt??

Its propaganda and your city is just as crappy as mine...

Not knowing your town doesn't help but I have to admit that Calgary is a damn fine city and I've been to them all except St. John's. It's no Halifax but then again there are few that are.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I finally saw Nova Scotia for the first time a few weeks ago...it was a working week so I never really got to see anything but it was pretty cool anyways.
I worked from 6 am until 11pm everyday for 6 days and then we came home.
Never got to see Halifax either but still got a good feel of the towns there.
Nice place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join