It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Intelligence Gathering on 'Conspiracy Theorists?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'll post this here because it is out there I suppose but please see this thread-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So firstly, I'm not talking about the OP or the quality of its contents, I'm more interested in the number of replies and content of replies in comparison to the number of flags.

The replies so far fall into the 'yeah but this hardly anything new' category.

ATS members have been exposing the truth in Syria for almost 2 years.

So when someone links a MSM affiliated channel exposing the truth, are we looking at how many government agents are operating on ATS with the number of flags? The amount of flags does not make sense given it is not new info and most replies (flags outnumber replies by 5:1) are pointing out this has been known by the conspiracy world for quite some time.

Is it possible that government agents are flagging this thread to generate interest and therefore gather info on ATS members- to see what kind of responses are being made etc?

I know everything we do online is tracked, so if a SHTF scenario ever happens, this info will be important to TPTB in rounding up the 'political opponents' as it were...?

Before you write this off, consider the real question the Ben Swann video should make you ask- namely why is the MSM that is controlled by the elite allowing the truth to be reported whilst the controlled governments are simultaneously pledging millions more in tax dollars to fund said rebels?

edit on 20-3-2013 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wow! 129 flags and still on the 2nd page? Unless it is some sort of software glitch I don't know what to think.

I thought most understood the "rebels" were largely foreigners in this as well as the last few for lack of a better term "rebellions".

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Today in the U.K. during Prime Ministers Questions even Ed Milliband mentioned that the rebels contained terrorists.
Something very fishy going on with Syria.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I usualky dont put much stock in this kind of indirect evidence, but damn. I have never seen a thread where the op got 100 stars and 129 flags, but only on page 2. Not to mention, there arent 50 stars across the rest of the thread total.

Somthing is definitely off about that, I dont know, I will wait for further input before making any further comments.

Snf op

edit on 20-3-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They dont need ATS to collect information.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think there are brilliant, I'll say it again, brilliant minds in ATS.

Of course they are watching and listening to us, and other sites like this, that harbor the intelligent thinkers. They'd be fools not to.

~ Cirque

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I believe people on here are being watched by our goverment cause of the world wide feed that comes in to ATS!
Keep the info coming people..everyone needs to hear the truth.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
One thing I have noticed about the Syria threads is you don't get many who are too interested though they will star/flag.. The threads always seem last nothing more than a day or two maybe and I think that because this was aired on MSM, people might of actually been shocked or something
Don't get me wrong, 129 flags. 100 stars for the OP does seem a bit weird for two pages worth of opinons/replies.
edit on 20-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I do not doubt that there could be members of the intelligence community here, and the content of the post and inordinate amount of stars is strange on a subject many probably are not as interested in.

That said though stars and flags are not much of an indicator of anything anymore since the elections and the Facebook mentality has taken over. Now stars and flags might as well be a like button.

This does seem to be somehow a deliberate attempt to keep the info in the top topics though.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Reply to post by Wonderer2012

I think this a bigger indicator of a vindicationconspiracy for the conspiracy mentality. That is the key part to any conspiracy requires there be a "global control grid" that has the power to control enough variables to suppress the truth.

So if some MSM says something that vindicates all the people who believed that al qaeda is controlled by the US and argued on its behalf, they S&F without need to post something already stated. How many "I knew it!" replies does the post need?

I'm certain if there was an MSM broadcast that vindcates the Moon Landing Conspiracy we'd have a similar effect.

We can call this the "told ya effect".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

yea... well... good thought, a S and F to you, but there is also people like me that read the OP Sand F it then make no reply, why? what else can you say when all has been said , "thanks for the link" and , "SandF to you" gets old, S and F then leave that one ,on to the next set of recent threads , as i am now

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

yea... well... good thought, a S and F to you, but there is also people like me that read the OP Sand F it then make no reply, why? what else can you say when all has been said , "thanks for the link" and , "SandF to you" gets old, S and F then leave that one ,on to the next set of recent threads , as i am now

I fully see your point, but feel I have enough experience of ATS to know this does not apply here when weighing up the facts.

The thread does not bring anything new to our attention, it is something ATS has been exposing for almost 2 years. The thread and its contents do not warrant 130+ flags.

It only has 30 odd replies, now I understand some people will flag a thread without replying but the dynamics just do not work for this thread, especially given many of the replies are making the point this is not new info- the info doesn't warrant 130+ flags. It is 'old news' to ATS.

Someone, or a particular group wanted this thread to be on the front page, I would say this is a given fact. My 'theory' was it could be for intelligence gathering, to gauge people's views on Syria at this present time when we are reaching a very critical time with events in Syria (it could even signify we are very close to direct foreign intervention).

That's my theory which could be wrong, but the number of flags there are not legit with regards to what is posted, it doesn't add up- 'someone' wanted that thread to receive attention.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by bekod

I fully see your point, but feel I have enough experience of ATS to know this does not apply here when weighing up the facts.

The thread does not bring anything new to our attention, it is something ATS has been exposing for almost 2 years. The thread and its contents do not warrant 130+ flags.

It only has 30 odd replies, now I understand some people will flag a thread without replying but the dynamics just do not work for this thread, especially given many of the replies are making the point this is not new info- the info doesn't warrant 130+ flags. It is 'old news' to ATS.

Someone, or a particular group wanted this thread to be on the front page, I would say this is a given fact. My 'theory' was it could be for intelligence gathering, to gauge people's views on Syria at this present time when we are reaching a very critical time with events in Syria (it could even signify we are very close to direct foreign intervention).

That's my theory which could be wrong, but the number of flags there are not legit with regards to what is posted, it doesn't add up- 'someone' wanted that thread to receive attention.

Well op, to me it seems that most agree it is weird, with the reservation that it could be the s n f for stating what we already know to be true factor possibly playing a role.

So I think I will also be looking through some threads to see if I can find any similar oddities.

top topics

join