It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring Equinox, Thelemic new year and the U.N's happiness day.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't address this sooner....

I was busy sacrificing babies last night.

Bybyots,

If you want to argue that "Rosicrucianism is the same as thelema" from a very high level that they both utilize esoteric knowledge...then yes.... But that is a very VERY vague generalization.

Given what Lagrimas is trying to claim:

Rosicrucianism golden dawnism thelema masonry skull and bones, all tied to kabalistic esoteria all part of the elites super religion. The age of horus.
The age of Seth. Temple of Seth. All these politicaly motivated philosophic religions...
...whose sole aim is to give power, that which corrupts the ego.

He/She is just plain WRONG. First of all, these are NOT "elite super religions...." That is just plain ludicrous. Many people from all walks of life study under this philosophy - rich, poor, black, white, all religions.

Second, many of these utilize associations that cross cultural and religions boundaries, including but not limited to Egyptian. To say that they all bow down to the "Temple of Set" is incorrect. The OP only states it because he wants to paint these philosophies to fit his preconceived conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
Sorry I didn't address this sooner....

I was busy sacrificing babies last night.

Bybyots,

If you want to argue that "Rosicrucianism is the same as thelema" from a very high level that they both utilize esoteric knowledge...then yes.... But that is a very VERY vague generalization.

Given what Lagrimas is trying to claim:

Rosicrucianism golden dawnism thelema masonry skull and bones, all tied to kabalistic esoteria all part of the elites super religion. The age of horus.
The age of Seth. Temple of Seth. All these politicaly motivated philosophic religions...
...whose sole aim is to give power, that which corrupts the ego.

He/She is just plain WRONG. First of all, these are NOT "elite super religions...." That is just plain ludicrous. Many people from all walks of life study under this philosophy - rich, poor, black, white, all religions.

Second, many of these utilize associations that cross cultural and religions boundaries, including but not limited to Egyptian. To say that they all bow down to the "Temple of Set" is incorrect. The OP only states it because he wants to paint these philosophies to fit his preconceived conspiracy.

Hello Grrl,

Agreed, no one would argue with that. Crowley and the current leadership sure would have liked to have had it that way, but they just can't seem to shake the Renaissance Faire crowd, the rest seem to be made up of a few folks that look like refugees from an Andy Warhol party, and a collection of writers with Asperger's. All you have to do is read the letters in which Crowley goes on and on, gushing about how wonderful Jack Parsons was; it's because he (C.) thought he would finally have the famous student that would make him (C.) even more famous. We know that ended badly for all involved. Except maybe one of 'em.

Of course I agree with you again. The fascination with Aegypt is a trans-national cultural artifact from the 20s, right? Hence the European Freemasons, 'Aegyptifying' their rites, in some cases. I also think that the OP was drunk during his Minerval if he thinks he was in #ing Egpyt, for Christ's sake.

No, no, just having fun, not rooking for an argument. But what I was referring to is very specific, even has very specific shared language. But I is no longer, uh, conditionally prepared to run at the mouth as I was doing the other evening, as I am never quite sure about the hell-hound-intestine-devouring thingy.

Ciao!

edit on 22-3-2013 by Bybyots because: .

<< 1   >>

join