It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden and Pelosi, Given Communion at Pope Francis Installation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Should every woman who uses birth control excommunicate herself from the Church?

A straw woman argument at best. A person's state of their soul (if they have gone to confession) is a private matter. Biden/Pelosi, by their PUBLIC admissions and legislations have repeatedly endorsed and supported abortion. The state of their penitence i the Church is also a private matter, but their PUBLIC actions bring PUBLIC attention and scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Are you seriously suggesting that an elected official should not represent the diverse views of those who elected them, but instead should only represent the views of the Catholic church, and by extension the Pope?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

No, it's not a "strawwoman's argument." Most Catholic women of child bearing age are using birth control. The pill and all hormonal birth control, as well as IUD's and the "Morning After Pill" cause abortions.

These decisions are all personal and should be between an individual and their God. I'm sure that politicians such as Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi are confronted with decisions that send them to the confession booth all the time. You seem to think that one sin is greater than another in the eyes of the church, and therefore God.

I admire these people for not forcing their religion on others, and pray for their success.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I am saying an elected official can take any public stance they wish. If that stance is diametrically opposed to Church teaching they have, by their own words and deeds, effectively "left" the Church and as such are NOT in a state of grace and should KNOW BETTER than to stroll to the Communion rail.

Anyone can call themselves a catholic (or a comquat for that matter) that does not make them one in reality. Both Biden and Pelosi are well educated and should be more than aware of Church teaching on abortion. They made their choice (and were placed in office by those whose opinions they represent). Fine. Be a politician. Just don't claim to be a Catholic in a state of grace as well. They BOTH used the ceremony and the Host as photo ops ("see we ARE good Catholics--vote for us!").

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

By their use of US taxpayer dollars and resources (Air Force 2, Secret Service, etc) they have INFACT "forced their religion" upon us. Why DID the United States government NEED to send two publicly adverse to Church teaching (lower case "c") catholics to Rome? We're there not already Americans (be they Church officials or private citizens) going?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

If they were Priests, I would agree. As that would be their job.

However their job is to represent the diverse view points of those who elected them.

Their personal religious beliefs are just that, personal. Between them and God not you or me.

Originally posted by Glinda
Both Biden and Pelosi are well educated and should be more than aware of Church teaching on abortion.

Abortion again? Didn't think you wanted this thread to be about that?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

I have no idea why the US chose to send anyone to Rome for the Pope's ceremony, but the two people they chose to send are Catholics. Would you rather they sent 2 Jews?

Once again, religion is private thing that should be kept between and individual and their god. Politics has no place in religion. Just because some politicians have a religion that they practice doesn't give them the right to force that religion's doctrines onto others. Does the church think that they do and should?

Part of the reason that Biden is in office is because of his platform's stance on abortion. Romney and Ryan wanted to legislate their religious beliefs that they lost because of it. Biden and Pelosi are doing their jobs and representing the people who voted them into office under the expectation that they would keep their stance, and protect woman's rights.

I suggest that you take this issue up with the church, who has the ability to ex-communicate or censor them.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A man can not serve 2 masters .

What master are they serving ?

Pelosi and Biden need to choose the world or God take your pick . They are a Catholic when its politically expedient for them when its time to uphold the values of the church they choose the world .

Typical politicians

Lost

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Personally I would have rather the US sent 2 pious Jews . Than 2 backsliding hypocrite Catholics.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

So are all the Catholic women who use birth control also backsliding hypocrites?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
IMO...Biden and Pelosi are as evil as the THE SATANIC 1962 & 1969 NOVUS ORDO VATICAN II SATANIC MASS...
Freemason Martin Luther's slogan was: "Take away the Mass, destroy the Church."

Catholics are bound (required) to learn and know their Faith. A sin against faith (often caused by willful ignorance) is the gravest of all sins.” - St. Thomas Aquinas.

Source

edit on 22-3-2013 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Personally, . . . if anyone deserved an old style INQUISITION visit . . . those two do.

Their contrary and outrageously satanic actions for decades at least deserve excommunication and certainly NO Communion.

Sheesh.

They only advertise that the fossilized POLITICAL institution of the RCC

has corrupt politicized standards, criteria, values . . . and behaviors.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
 A man can not serve 2 masters .

What master are they serving ?  

Pelosi and Biden need to choose the world or God  take your pick . They are a Catholic when its politically expedient for them  when its time to uphold the values of the church they choose the world .   

Typical politicians  

Lost

It's called hypocrisy. 
The same hypocrisy evident among Catholics who do the exact same thing - who uphold the teachings and doctrines of men above the very words of scripture left to His children. Pelosi and Biden are doing no differently. Therefore, a Catholic who upholds his churches dogma over the very words of scripture is in no position to judge Pelosi and Biden for upholding the world's secular religion above the teachings of their church without making it very apparent that they are hypocrites themselves.

Any why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye?
Matthew 7:3

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Many branches of the Christian faith find the support of certain political views to be directly opposed to their doctrine and to most churches their interpretation of the bible also. To deny church privileges to a individual who disregard biblical principles or church doctrine is not just a Catholic thing.

From the Catholics to Baptists to Mormons and many non Christian beliefs as well all have a procedure in place to try to ensure followers follow the church views . Shunning, denial of communion to excommunication are common punishments.

The Key here is most punishments are tied to the biblical principle of quit doing it ask forgiveness and sin no more . Then the punishment is rescinded.

The reason of this age old actions is mainly to keep a harmony with the belief to the scriptures as close as they can. If you had a group of people in a church promoting adultery and killing Jews and Gays or who ever these actions are against scriptures, beliefs and church dogma rules and regulations . Should they be Kicked out excommunicated ? Maybe they should just go else wheres .

So if a person believes action x is right and church says action x is wrong. Why go there and be a hypocrite go to a church where they believe action x is right.

Look at murder what church condones murder ? If your slandering Islam leaving Islam, being gay and being an adulterer is a death penalty in certain sects I find it a blatantly Murder . So If I believe these are just punishments do I join a Baptist Church and and claim to be a Baptist and support Islamic Law . No You go become a Muslim . And I am not going to join one of those sects either it is against my core beliefs if I did I would be a hypocrite.

To profess on thing and do another is well fill in the blank -------------.

As for the quote the rest is referring to remove the plank from your own eye . Remove the plank first then you can see clearly . To remove the speck from your neighbors eye.

I really dont care if it was a reference to if I was being hypocritical voicing my distaste for politicians who claim to be a good upstanding Catholic yet support things that go against what my personal religious beliefs are . If my interpretation of biblical teachings after reading it say action x is wrong and the church I attend also agrees action x is wrong and most Christian faiths also agree action x is wrong . Supporting action x is going against the church not just one many .

So if you identify your religious beliefs as belonging to a religion that says action x is wrong and you say action x is right you promote it vote for it support it.

What word fits those actions ?

And why do they belong to that faith any way?

Lost

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Of course the same should apply to all the pedo priests and those who cover their crimes up and move them to a new area with fresh children for them to fiddle..... but they keep having communion....

So they are just following the church.

No they are not just following the church. They are following there sin, hoping that God and to a lesser extent the whole of the Church (in its real sense) doesn't notice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join