It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS: Fossilized Lizard? Large Image.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

NASA IMAGE:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I don't believe there is Life on Mars, at all. Not even Microblies, but I know a lot of ATS folks do.

What do you make of this?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

What do you make of this?

ITS A ROCK!!!!

People are seeing what they want to see,not whats really there....like a rock.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Keep looking!

Lemme know when you find a Golden Arches sign.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It looks to me like a four-legged animal/reptile with a long tail and a large eye or eye socket. Quite happy to consider this as either a living or fossilized object. Does it have a close similary in body shape to an Earth species? It looks quite stocky compared with the lizards I've seen.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Aren't fossils normally just bones. Sure there have been fossilized imprints of skin and foot prints but to have a complete animal fossilized in situ, I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Pareidolia (pron.: /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

It's just your head playing tricks on you.

Here have a sandwich

edit on 20-3-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It certainly does look like an animal of some sort. I'm not thinking it's dead either. Could be a rock muncher.
Good find as usual CALGARIAN.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You'll get ribbed and rodded for taking the time to find visual anomalies but... go ahead, I'll give ya a S&F for the effort.

Besides that, if nobody looks then someday, we might land on some Martian fire ant mound and that could hurt!

Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
road kill?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Am i blind? i just see rocks and sand

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Any Mars animal photos must at least meet the standard of the guinea-squirrel and the cockatiel wearing shades

This lizard doesn't cut the mustard.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Wow, it does look just like a lizard.

Though it is probably only a rock, j know it sucks and all, but our universe seems so boring and mundain, we will never get to see anything as cool as real animal life on another.

Star and flag op, keep looking, I want to see a real alien before I die, if only once.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The thing about Martian Iguanas (Iguana Marsicus) is that they had such tough skin that it doesn't erode when exposed to the harsh elements on the Martian surface. As a result, the fossilized remains of the Martian Iguana are often fully intact, with virtually no noticeable decomposition. Iguana Marsicus will outlast rivers, oceans, rocks, and even time itself. If we could harvest enough of them we could use their skins to make a super lightweight exoskeleton for use in the aerospace industry - If we had material strong enough to pierce their skins, of course!

Additionally, the Martian Iguana was so well suited to it's environment that it was the exact same color as the Martian soil, rocks, and sky. This makes the Martian Iguana very hard to spot even when it's right in front of you, and anyone who has done so should get automatic stars and flags even if they do not believe themselves that they have spotted Iguana Marsicus.

edit on 20-3-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Additionally, the Martian Iguana was so well suited to it's environment that it was the exact same color as the Martian soil, rocks, and sky.

Everyone knows that the Iguana Marsicus has chameleon-like qualities, silly.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'll see your lizard and raise you a "skull"

Located to the right of the OP's original image.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Additionally, the Martian Iguana was so well suited to it's environment that it was the exact same color as the Martian soil, rocks, and sky.

Everyone knows that the Iguana Marsicus has chameleon-like qualities, silly.

Yes, I've already covered this the last time someone found a lizard on Mars.

Someone should send David Attenborough an email or something..
edit on 20-3-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I often wonder if the folks at NASA/JPL add 'easter eggs' to the photos of mars just to mess with us conspiracy theorists. Give us a few bites to chew on so we are too busy arguing 'its a rock, no its a foot/head/spaceship/lizard'
while they just laugh it up.

It would give them quite a diversion during a long boring day, methinks.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wouldn't these fossils be covered up by sand/dust by now?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I see your skull and raise you a hybrid grasshopper/Dianne Feinstein, (Insectus Amongus) seen here scratching its arm pit while fleeing the Igauna Marsicus.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by eriktheawful

I see your skull and raise you a hybrid grasshopper/Dianne Feinstein, (Insectus Amongus) seen here scratching its arm pit while fleeing the Igauna Marsicus.

I don't see it...can you outline that one for me? Make sure to outline the Feinstein tail tucked neatly between the legs too please....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join