It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Jihadist in Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Strange things have happened and strange things do exist
I dont know if this is true or not but thought that it was unique. What are the odds and possibilities of oriental jihadists in ME?
I know the russians/chinese were supposedly involved in disguise during the Korean/Vietnamese wars.

In the YouTube video below, entitled "A message of victory to the people of China from the Mujahidin Brigade Front," a Chinese man talks about his conversion to Islam. He introduces himself as Yusuf (the subtitles say Bo Wang) and says that he studied in Libya and helped the Libyans fight their "revolutionary" war. "Now I'm in Syria," he says, as a song that imagines global Islamic dominion plays in the background.

"The people here don't have freedom, they don't have democracy, they don't have safety," he says, while leaning on rocks and holding a Kalashnikov with a mounted bayonet. A black flag emblazoned with the shahada, a common banner of jihadist groups, hangs from a tree at the left of the screen.
The purpose of the video -- posted by a YouTube user who reposts jihadist videos -- seems to be to allow Bo (if that's his real name) to threaten China about the cost of its support for Bashar al-Assad's government. "As a Chinese Muslim, I'd like to deeply apologize" to the Syrian people "in utter misery from the flames of war," he says. "Also," he continues, "I am representing all of the Muslims in warning the Chinese government to immediately stop all forms of aid to Bashar, including selling arms to them, including economic aid." Otherwise, after the victory of the Syrian revolution, "all Islamic countries will join together to implement economic sanctions on China," he adds. It seems like an odd threat, not to mention an impossible one. One wonders why he didn't threaten a good old-fashioned terrorist attack.

SOURCE
SOURCE2
edit on 20-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Umm.. HUH?! What is surprising? That China has Muslims and militant ones at that ...or that they'd travel outside China? I'm a little confused and taken back by the position this starts from. After all, as just one reference, this site shows 39 million Muslims in China when the count was last taken.

Number of Muslims by Nation

I guess it's not well known after all, but China has been fighting its OWN Jihadi issues within it's own borders for years as well. They just keep it fairly quiet and handle matters without press conferences and big public statements (Our Government could learn from that)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Good post, star and flag.

I actually like the threat he used; it shows he is probably 'civilized' enough not to threaten terror attacks.

I think Economic Sanctions on China enforced by the Islamic Countries is VERY plausible, very possible. As of right now, The Muslim Brotherhood is in power in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, soon to be Syria, Yemen, etc. They will most certainly impose trade sanctions if they wanted to.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No No. I'm aware of that as per the muslim population in the asian region. Its their new bed buddies from Pakistan that are stirring up issues in the chinese territories using religion as their tool. How can we forget how the Chinese Government has been ruling their citizens with a iron fist

While the ability of the Turkestan Islamic Party (TIP) to conduct a major attack in China remains limited, jihadist groups in Pakistan and Afghanistan are increasingly likely to view Chinese assets and personnel as legitimate targets.
SOURCE

Chinese officials said the group had been trained by and was following the orders of a radical group based in Pakistan and Afghanistan called the East Turkestan Islamic Movement, or ETIM. The group has been labeled a terrorist organization by the United Nations and the United States. East Turkestan is another name for Xinjiang. So the "movement" is indeed terrorist-identified by the international community. But other than its violent means, is that group linked to al Qaeda?

SOURCE2
edit on 20-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
China is afghans neighbour and had relations with the Taliban
2001 reports of PLA moving into afghan after 9/11 but before the bombing campaign
2001 green berets in afghan days after 9/11 report Chinese among enemy dead from bombing campaign
2001 china offers Taliban $1M for every cruise missile they recover
1998 2 chineese majors write a paper detailing how to break the US mentioning an attack on the world trade centre by use of bombs or hijacked aircraft and mentions OBL by name ( now generals )
Chinese Olympics - leader of china sends nephew ( if I recal correctly ) to meet with AQ to arrange the safety of the Olympics from Islamic attack ( unknown what deal was struck )
A very large percentage of weapons and ammunition found on Islamic fighters is of Chinese origin

It's not just the al CIA duh

edit on 20-3-2013 by Neocrusader because: Auto

edit on 20-3-2013 by Neocrusader because: Bloody auto type

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Yes they're definitely strange bedfellows with their neighbors as now it seems to be backfiring upon them which they've not opened that can of worms for the international media though it doesn't remain hidden for too long.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

radical salafists are everywhere. even in UK or ......

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I'm on the run so I gotta be quick but after reading my first note and seeing it sounded a bit sharp, I wanted to add a thanks for the reply. I agree, the nature of the spread in different places is an attention getter. This example is a good catch for it. Thanks for the info!

S/F

top topics

join