Obama's Presidential Limo Breaks Down in Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic
reply to post by jibeho

I haven't heard of this kind of scenario before but to my understanding diesel uses glow plugs that pre-heat the fuel prior to ignition.

Can gas be pre-heated without becoming volatile hence pre-ignition detonation? If so then the car wouldn't have even moved ... but perhaps the % of diesel remaining in the tank was sufficient to start it but surely they must have noticed the difference in performance?
Glow plugs heat the diesel engine before it is started, the engine uses compression alone to ignite the diesel fuel/air mixture.

Gasoline engines have lower compression ratios and use a spark to ignite the fuel/air mixture in the cylinder.

If you tried to start a diesel engine with gasoline only in the fuel lines, the gasoline will preignite while the piston is on its way up, but before it is all the way up. Usually piston rods are broken.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

Thanks, I have been to some filling stations in a few European Countries but have never set foot in the Middle East. That certainly looks well marked.

btw: where was this taken? just curious as that looks liek a Burger King sign off to the far right....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop

Thanks, I have been to some filling stations in a few European Countries but have never set foot in the Middle East. That certainly looks well marked.

btw: where was this taken? just curious as that looks liek a Burger King sign off to the far right....

I can't remember off hand as I took that pic in 2008 - most likely Tel Aviv or Ashdod. I lived in Ashdod back then and stayed in Tel Aviv for about a month or so when the rockets from Gaza were coming in at 100 a day, and I would occasionally visit Tel Aviv for shopping and what not. They do have some Burger Kings here, but not too many - McDonalds is the top fastfood/burger joint in Israel - although I wouldn't call it fast, their customer service sucks - almost everywhere.

Currently living in Ashkelon... I could take more pics of the pumps at different gas stations, but they are all pretty clearly marked, so I don't see how someone could make the mistake unless they just didn't know what the vehicle takes... And as a side note, I don't read or speak (much) Hebrew, and this American has no trouble putting the correct fuel in his car...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Glinda

Whenever the president travels, another jet carries the Beast along with a surgical suite, gear, extra security, blah blah blah.

Now it has already been discussed on ATS that the president has a food taster With all that they take, they expect us to believe they won't take it fully gassed?

I call bull-poo.

I can't say what the secret service currently does to prep for trips, however I know for a fact that durring Bush Senior's administration they flew with empty tanks in the limmo. At least domesticly.

It was 1989, I was 12 y/o. I spent about 30 min with the secret service while they gassed up 3 armored limmos at my local gas station. We knew that Bush was making the trip from Naval Air Station Pensacola Fl. to downtown Pensacola, so we were out on our bikes all day. We found the secret service a few blocks from our house at the Groovin Noovin's gas station (love that name).

Why the limmos were not "pre gassed" never crossed my mind. But i did find it odd that they landed on the navy base, then drove 15 min away to get gas, just to turn around, pick up the prez and drive back the same direction. Besides that the navy base has it's own private gas AND commercial gas stations.

Me and my friends got as close as allowed to the limmos and asked many questions like kids do. The Secret Service seemed annoyed but answered most questions (now they prob. just tazer kids). I asked why 3 limmos and they said "So nobody knows which one he's in." Maybe today they don't have 3, or they just don't take them overseas, but to not have a back up with them seems odd to me.

Off Topic...kinda...

They were taking their time. Filling the each limmo took forever so I assume the tanks were empty. Agents were milling around inside too getting drinks and snacks. It's funny what small details you remember from childhood, but I remember one of the agents buying a pack of CinnaBurst gum. It was new and exciting at the time. Maybe he needed his aspartame fix.

Later, Agent CinnaBurst asked me if the terrain was wooded, curvey or had hills. I understood why he was asking, but not why the route wasn't researched earlier. I asked him where they would be going, and he said "I can't tell you that." So I said "Well then I can't answer your question." He looked at me like "you little punk!" And I gave him a "well what do you expect?" look.

Later that evening the motorcade went speeding by and the last of the 3 limmos had a light on inside. You could see George Bush, but I SWEAR it was a cardboard cut-out with his immage on it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

It's kind of funny, in your pic the diesel handle is yellow, and the regular gas handle is green. In the states the diesel handles are green. Could be a reason?

As someone else pointed out though, I would think that the entourage travels with their own fuel, clearly marked, tested, inspected ect. The SS (hehe pun intended) was probably to busy finding hookers and blow for the party later on tonight

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There is a lot of BS wrong in that car.

Im suprised the car hasnt been repossed yet.

He should be riding a bike with his level of performance. *with pink tires.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I may celebrate the day Obama leaves office....but I'm American and I'll absolutely want nothing happening to our President while overseas or anywhere else for that matter. Hillary Clinton's car was HIT by gunfire while last in Israel, remember? This was unthinkable.

We may not see eye to eye but I am glad to hear you say that! I don't like Obama either but that would demoralize this nation 10x worse than Kennedy.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's a conspiracy people!

A conspiracy!

Why does the Potus drive a fossile fuel caddy?

Shouldn't it be electric?

After all hes the green potus!

Sure the "driver" mistakenly put gas in a diesel engine?

No people just an excuse to make all government vehicles all electric!
edit on 20-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
As usual it doesn't matter what you do as the more you try and idiot proof something nature will develop a better idiot

When designing a thing to be idiot proof, one should not underestimate the ingenuity of idiots.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I am going with ignorance of vehicle fuel type. Unless, of course, something happens to the POTUS while in a replacement vehicle or around it.
Thanks for the follow-up.

edit on 20-3-2013 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
well the beast is a beast not the first time something has happened to it www.upi.com...

The Beast became the subject of punchlines after getting stuck on an exit ramp during the president's 2011 visit to the U.S. Embassy in Ireland.
so it got the wrong fuel, some one is going to pay.

Here is a video of 'The most secure car on earth' getting scuppered on an Irish ramp in 2011. Barack had to phone Michelle (who had gone on ahead) to come back and give them a push - JOKING !

In Ireland diesel pumps are generally black handled while unleaded is always green. Diesel pumps are often seperate from petrol ones to thwart idiocy.
Still, a mate of mine managed to fill his motorcycle with diesel a few years ago

Seems to vary depending on the continent. Still an embarrasing mistake to make.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer... Have you seen the price of gas in the US lately? Everyone knows it costs pennies to fill up in the middle east. Gotta work on the deficit some how right?

I can't stop laughing over this.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Well typically the diesel nozzle is a different color than a gasoline nozzle. Also the nozzle is a different size to make it dummy proof. Unless they do not have this practice in israel then I could see the mix up.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommandoJoe

reply to post by LeatherNLace

I don't know how it is over there but here in the US, Diesel pump handles are almost always green in color and sort of set apart from the more mainstream gasoline pumps, I wonder if the gas nozzles there are color coded differently or if diesel is the prevalent fuel so things would have been reversed to the person fueling the car.
I am also surprised that the agents don't have some sort of test kit they need to use on the fuel like Obama has for his food (a taster). Maybe the guy was on his cell phone, while filling up, and not paying attention.

This is truly an odd thing to happen from the elite trained people surrounding the POTUS.

Maybe the replacement car will somehow figure into an accident or ambush leaving President Obama to fulfill his die and resurrect before showing up as the new messsiah or something like that which I've heard here on ATS.

It's really not that hard to tell diesel from gas here - the gas pumps have the octane (95 & 98) on them, many things are also in English here, and the diesel handle is spaced further away from the gas nozzles at some gas stations...

The reason is in that pic. In the us the diesel handle is green and in that pic the green handle is gas. Also in the us the green diesel handle is on the left on most pumps.
edit on 20-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Well the beast is so freaking heavy, I'm not suprised at it bottoming out.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
On the surface my knee jerk reaction is that this is absolutely hilarious!

And the article states this happened before his arrival, it's not like he was in the back seat at a filling station.
That makes it more plausible that some idiot messed up.
Yes I know the pump nozzles here are different sized for gas and diesel, not sure about in Isreal though.
So not a real security threat I guess.
So I restate my initial reaction if there is no substancial security threat, well what a bunch of stooges!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
Ok...to believe this was just a "simple" oppsie at the Chevron station, one has to PLACE the infamous tinfoil upon ones head...as this makes no sense. The official Presidential limo, dubbed "The Beast" for it's weight and protective wizardry "broke down." Why? A blown hose? Timing belt? A Big Gulp splashed outta one of the cup holders?

No. We are to believe that the most protected, scrutinized, vehicle in the world was "accidentally" filled with diesel instead of gasoline. Really.

m.guardiannews.com...

Please read the article from the UK Guardian. What stunned me is that a "back up" vehicle is on it's way. From Jordan.

This just feels so damn wrong and inept. And conspiratorial. Sorry...but I cannot wrap my mind around these reported series of events involving Presidential safety while in the Mid East.

I wonder if the guy that filled the tank willl now be on the "kill list."

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
reply to post by beezzer

And the "replacement" is coming....from Jordan?

Now I know the Guardian story leaves alot of questions....that IF asked and NO answers given, should raise flags of concern all around. Such as...

Why is the "spare" IN Jordan?

Is it a US policy to have extra "Beasts" parked around the globe?

Why was the vehicle being gassed in the first place (wouldn't security mandate bringing its own fuel supply along)?

Is this "Beast" really a "Beast" or a Jordanian royals' "loaner?"

I drive a humble used US made vehicle. I CANNOT put the wrong fuel (pump nozzle calibration) into my vehicle, but we are to believe that multimillion dollar Presidential limo has no such protection?

The "Beast" alternate is an exact duplicate.

It's flown on C5's along with other backup vehicles. The President doesn't travel without everything in duplicate or even triplicate.

It would make sense to land the alternate C5 in Jordan, which is a neighboring "friendly" country.

You don't want to carry all your eggs in one basket.

The real story is how in the hell someone managed to get regular fuel into a diesel tank, not the "replacement" vehicle.

We all know the story behind Jordan anyway...
edit on 21-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've heard this excuse before happening to the US President and I'm telling you its just a cover story ... it has happen in the past and it wasn't due to wrong fuel.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Originally posted by CommandoJoe

reply to post by LeatherNLace

I don't know how it is over there but here in the US, Diesel pump handles are almost always green in color and sort of set apart from the more mainstream gasoline pumps, I wonder if the gas nozzles there are color coded differently or if diesel is the prevalent fuel so things would have been reversed to the person fueling the car.
I am also surprised that the agents don't have some sort of test kit they need to use on the fuel like Obama has for his food (a taster). Maybe the guy was on his cell phone, while filling up, and not paying attention.

This is truly an odd thing to happen from the elite trained people surrounding the POTUS.

Maybe the replacement car will somehow figure into an accident or ambush leaving President Obama to fulfill his die and resurrect before showing up as the new messsiah or something like that which I've heard here on ATS.

It's really not that hard to tell diesel from gas here - the gas pumps have the octane (95 & 98) on them, many things are also in English here, and the diesel handle is spaced further away from the gas nozzles at some gas stations...

The reason is in that pic. In the us the diesel handle is green and in that pic the green handle is gas. Also in the us the green diesel handle is on the left on most pumps.
edit on 20-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

True, but as I said and you can see in the pic - Diesel is clearly marked...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join