It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Presidential Limo Breaks Down in Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
now if the other limo breaks down also...

then obama has a chance to fullfill prophecy...

he can borrow a donkey and ride that into town.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Actually, the UK Guardian (linked in above) got it wrong (diesel in the gas tank NOT the reverse). In any event, it does not excuse the how's and whys of this serious security breech.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Looks like they just left it on the side of the road. You can see the Israeli highway patrol sticker on the window.
edit on 20-3-2013 by lynxpilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if it was a simple misunderstanding....secret service guy gets a mechanic to pop some more gas in the the beast ready for the morning now following orders gas=gasoline=petrol he pumps the tank full of the wrong stuff and the damage is done, perhaps a sticker saying diesel only on the fuel cap might be a winning idea or they bring along a few dozen barrels and use that

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, it sounds conspiratorial, except for the fact that the original article as quoted by the OP said that "one" of the limos in the president's entourage had broken down. Not the presidential limo, but one in his fleet. The article states that the president travels with a huge posse.

Seriously, like they couldn't make room in all the other limos for all these extra people the prez has dragged over to Israel?

Anyway, since it is not the main limo, it very well could be just a screw up on behalf of whoever filled up the tank.

What gets me is that he's over there, promising "unwavering support" to Israel (basically a lot of butt-kissing), and wasting millions of dollars to do it. Rather than promising military and financial support to that tiny patch of sand, perhaps he'd be better off dealing with all the problems we have here at home.

But that's asking too much of a sock puppet, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
they should have sprung for 'full serve',

i blame it on sequester!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Too Funny - better not fill the camel up with olive oil.

The whole trip and coverage is truly bizarre. It appears that the stage is being set...for

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is a rather bad screw up and is certainly a reflection on the administration as a whole. I am glad however, that nothing serious happened that would have involved using the "beast" in an evasive manner.

Regular fuel in a diesel engine is sure to fry the engine because diesel contains lubricating properties within the fuel itself for the fuel pump. They clearly ran enough of the bad fuel mixed with diesel through the engine to shut it down.

On the Flatbed

A sign o the times for our POTUS....??

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Won't be the last time someone does that, surely it is easy to make it so that its impossible to put the wrong stuff in the tank such as a small change to the pump nozzles etc

As usual it doesn't matter what you do as the more you try and idiot proof something nature will develop a better idiot

I know over here in the states, diesel pump nozzles are bigger than regular gas ones, as to avoid this very problem. I'd have to say, I got a chuckle out of this, thanks for posting!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I can see how it could have been confusing...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Obama's beast breaks down in Israel. ha ha Considering how much we all know Obama just luv's Israel and Bibi (sarcasm), I'm willing to be a box of donuts that he's having a really bad day. Bet he wishes he had stayed home. Too funny.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I don't know how it is over there but here in the US, Diesel pump handles are almost always green in color and sort of set apart from the more mainstream gasoline pumps, I wonder if the gas nozzles there are color coded differently or if diesel is the prevalent fuel so things would have been reversed to the person fueling the car.
I am also surprised that the agents don't have some sort of test kit they need to use on the fuel like Obama has for his food (a taster). Maybe the guy was on his cell phone, while filling up, and not paying attention.

This is truly an odd thing to happen from the elite trained people surrounding the POTUS.

Maybe the replacement car will somehow figure into an accident or ambush leaving President Obama to fulfill his die and resurrect before showing up as the new messsiah or something like that which I've heard here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that in America you cannot insert a diesel hose into a gasoline engine car that uses unleaded gasoline. It simply will not fit. In Israel things could be different. Still that is a pretty dumb thing to do. And I cannot see it happening by accident.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by KaiserSoze

You're right. It is diesel.

I like how they have Obama smilling in the back seat.

It has a petrol tank with diesel in it.

No wonder the gooks got it wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Thats from the daily mail in the UK and we view it generically as a petrol tank even if its diesel/crude/dilithium crystals from the enterprise the same as i think you Americans think of just chucking some gas in the car

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
well the beast is a beast not the first time something has happened to it www.upi.com...

The Beast became the subject of punchlines after getting stuck on an exit ramp during the president's 2011 visit to the U.S. Embassy in Ireland.
so it got the wrong fuel, some one is going to pay.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yeah if that is the case where this limo is diesel, then gas could have been put it in as I said in my earlier post....

They can't be that dumb to pump with a black handle on a gas pump......Diesel is clearly marked, if they are this dumb, WTH are they doing with the president in the first place?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop

I don't know how it is over there but here in the US, Diesel pump handles are almost always green in color and sort of set apart from the more mainstream gasoline pumps, I wonder if the gas nozzles there are color coded differently or if diesel is the prevalent fuel so things would have been reversed to the person fueling the car.
I am also surprised that the agents don't have some sort of test kit they need to use on the fuel like Obama has for his food (a taster). Maybe the guy was on his cell phone, while filling up, and not paying attention.

This is truly an odd thing to happen from the elite trained people surrounding the POTUS.

Maybe the replacement car will somehow figure into an accident or ambush leaving President Obama to fulfill his die and resurrect before showing up as the new messsiah or something like that which I've heard here on ATS.

It's really not that hard to tell diesel from gas here - the gas pumps have the octane (95 & 98) on them, many things are also in English here, and the diesel handle is spaced further away from the gas nozzles at some gas stations...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I haven't heard of this kind of scenario before but to my understanding diesel uses glow plugs that pre-heat the fuel prior to ignition.

Can gas be pre-heated without becoming volatile hence pre-ignition detonation? If so then the car wouldn't have even moved ... but perhaps the % of diesel remaining in the tank was sufficient to start it but surely they must have noticed the difference in performance?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
reply to post by harryhaller

Thats from the daily mail in the UK and we view it generically as a petrol tank even if its diesel/crude/dilithium crystals from the enterprise the same as i think you Americans think of just chucking some gas in the car

Dude ... i am NOT american ok?

The could have used high sulfur diesel which is probably more common. Engine would never turn again if that's the case.

Still stupid, or, a sign of some sort.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join