It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Presidential Limo Breaks Down in Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ok...to believe this was just a "simple" oppsie at the Chevron station, one has to PLACE the infamous tinfoil upon ones head...as this makes no sense. The official Presidential limo, dubbed "The Beast" for it's weight and protective wizardry "broke down." Why? A blown hose? Timing belt? A Big Gulp splashed outta one of the cup holders?

No. We are to believe that the most protected, scrutinized, vehicle in the world was "accidentally" filled with diesel instead of gasoline. Really.

m.guardiannews.com...

Please read the article from the UK Guardian. What stunned me is that a "back up" vehicle is on it's way. From Jordan.

This just feels so damn wrong and inept. And conspiratorial. Sorry...but I cannot wrap my mind around these reported series of events involving Presidential safety while in the Mid East.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Whenever the president travels, another jet carries the Beast along with a surgical suite, gear, extra security, blah blah blah.

Now it has already been discussed on ATS that the president has a food taster With all that they take, they expect us to believe they won't take it fully gassed?

I call bull-poo.

link   
I guess austerity cuts must have reached down into the motor pool of the White House as much as Reid says they reached a training unit in Nevada.

Hows that whole sequestration thing working out for them now? lol.....

(Of course, I know its unconnected, but if THEY can connect everything for political reasons and pimp EVERY event for points, I couldn't resist)

link   
Double Post...
edit on 20-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Won't be the last time someone does that, surely it is easy to make it so that its impossible to put the wrong stuff in the tank such as a small change to the pump nozzles etc

As usual it doesn't matter what you do as the more you try and idiot proof something nature will develop a better idiot

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe it was on purpose to do that as they are now sitting ducks so to speak. The other car could be in trouble too or even be booby-trapped and the president is now in danger.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

No. We are to believe that the most protected, scrutinized, vehicle in the world was "accidentally" filled with diesel instead of gasoline. Really.

It does seem to be a bit lame.
IF it is the truth, that is really lame.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And the "replacement" is coming....from Jordan?

Now I know the Guardian story leaves alot of questions....that IF asked and NO answers given, should raise flags of concern all around. Such as...

Why is the "spare" IN Jordan?

Is it a US policy to have extra "Beasts" parked around the globe?

Why was the vehicle being gassed in the first place (wouldn't security mandate bringing its own fuel supply along)?

Is this "Beast" really a "Beast" or a Jordanian royals' "loaner?"

I drive a humble used US made vehicle. I CANNOT put the wrong fuel (pump nozzle calibration) into my vehicle, but we are to believe that multimillion dollar Presidential limo has no such protection?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If it IS true, I'd say whoever pumped it will next find themselves pumping sewage and other nasties between tanks at McMurdo or Palmer Station, Antarctica. Perhaps taking fish surveys in the Arctic Circle. Parachute testing, perhaps? (Someone has to try them the first time, right?)

It's a wee bit chilly down there...but I'm sure Obama wouldn't care one bit if this has all really happened in the way it's sounding.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

How about THIS tinfoil thought.

They claim the gas issue and request a replacement vehicle.

In Jordan, (Assad, Hamas leader, Achmadadinajad, Harry Belefonte. . . who-ever) is in the vehicle and therefore, can meet with Obama without the prying eyes of the press.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Here is an article about this situation from the NY Post.

www.nypost.com...

I am just wondering if this limo break down was arranged ahead of time; and if so for what reason?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

You can't put diesel into a gas engine, the diesel nozzle is too big for a filler neck on a gas car....

You can however put gas into a diesel tank because the diesel is bigger than the gas nozzle....

They think we are all idiots don't they?!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
Ok...to believe this was just a "simple" oppsie at the Chevron station, one has to PLACE the infamous tinfoil upon ones head...as this makes no sense. The official Presidential limo, dubbed "The Beast" for it's weight and protective wizardry "broke down." Why? A blown hose? Timing belt? A Big Gulp splashed outta one of the cup holders?

m.guardiannews.com...

Please read the article from the UK Guardian. What stunned me is that a "back up" vehicle is on it's way. From Jordan.

This just feels so damn wrong and inept. And conspiratorial. Sorry...but I cannot wrap my mind around these reported series of events involving Presidential safety while in the Mid East.

Better get out those tin-foil hats because that limo can not be "accidentally" filled with diesel instead of gasoline".

It IS diesel powered.

DIESELPOWER Magazine
edit on 20-3-2013 by KaiserSoze because: To add link

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Someone is going to be peeling potatoes for a while.
smh

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
IRAN did it!!!!

Ahmadinejad says "Barry - you've been punked"

edit on 20-3-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

You're right. It is diesel.

I like how they have Obama smilling in the back seat.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is dumb as hell.

There are even two Air Force 1's (one is a decoy) that fly together. That's how serious the security is. We are really led to believe this gas story?

The Secret Service even shows up before the prez even gets to a country to secure and test fuel supplies. Yes, they actually test the fuel and secure it with colored seals.

This wasn't a simple case of the wrong colored pump at the gas station. I'm sorry, but the level of detail that goes into a trip by the POTUS is insane.

They wouldn't even go to a gas station anway.

Well, I think the Beast is an American made car. Who would have thought one of those would break down?

Should have used a Subaru, Toyota or Honda!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yes...INDEED "this IS dumb as hell..."

We all know (to various degrees) EVERYTHING you posted. So how/why did this happen? And why is this (at best) LAME....or (at worst) CONSPIRATORIAL and SINISTER...and WHY is it even being reported? Everything is just wrong on every level about this.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Glinda

You can't put diesel into a gas engine, the diesel nozzle is too big for a filler neck on a gas car....

You can however put gas into a diesel tank because the diesel is bigger than the gas nozzle....

They think we are all idiots don't they?!

Except for the fact that the OP got it wrong. The driver put gasoline into the diesel tank.

The official limousine awaiting President Barack Obama's arrival in Israel malfunctioned after its driver refueled it using gasoline rather than diesel fuel, an official said Wednesday.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Mystik, I agree with you 100% and as much as I've joked a bit on this thread, you're right. It's a very serious matter. However, I don't necessarily say "This can't happen". I just say "This never USED to be possible".

What I mean is, look at the hstory of handling around the President since he took Office. This is in NO way a slam on Obama. If anything, I'd wonder about White House middle management types who actually DO oversee all these little details. Look at the security violations within the White House itself and unauthorized people getting right up close to National Command Authority figures to shake hands with or hug, no less.

I think of the SS scandal over the Colombia prostitutes and the Motor cop found to be making outright threatening statements regarding FLOTUS while a PART of her motorcade and security.

I think it's a loose ship we see running right now ..and crap like this? Good God. Israel is NOT a friendly nation. News stories estimated the Israeli security end at 5,000 people 100% dedicated to this trip JUST for security...and ONLY counting the police. .....A screw up like this could have gotten our President killed. If this crap keeps up..one of them eventually will.

I may celebrate the day Obama leaves office....but I'm American and I'll absolutely want nothing happening to our President while overseas or anywhere else for that matter. Hillary Clinton's car was HIT by gunfire while last in Israel, remember? This was unthinkable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join