It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims Half Mile Wide Asteroid will hit Earth in the next 7 days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Most of the threads on ATS are 'odd' that's why we love them so much!
If you start deleting all the 'weirdness' what are we here to read then?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I get that, and I'm not saying post like that should remain in circulation, but the site has a hoax section doesn't it?
Removing crazy stuff just gives it more credibility in the conspiracy world, leaving it up there so people can find it next time he posts something seems a better tact.

Besides classic texts like the OHKrill papers were clearly fake too, but they were still a good read!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
people like this one (not referring to you OP..but our I AM A SCIENTIST tard) doesnt even got enough intelligence to realize how sick it is what people like him do..

for example..i am a very emotional entity...the moment I read stuff like these all my loved ones go through my mind..and start feeling so sad...my mind knows something like this can be possible...so i get scared..BUT..i am lucky that I have this forum...it has been a great debunking tool..not to mention all the knowledge I gained through the years

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
And one more thing, just because we read something, doesn't mean we believe it........is that what you think?

I've personally always enjoyed reading way out crazy stuff but I maintain my objective and critical viewpoint.....remembering it 'might' be true, but if not, it's still good fun and far better than TV any day.
Or are the moderators suggesting we just go back to watching boring tv?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am sure there's lots that can be done by a well equipped and knowledgeable amateur astronomer, though surveying the entire sky for near earth objects is a bit of a stretch in my most humblest of opinion. It would require multiple dedicated teams (hence, a paid professional program - like NEOWISE maybe). Not saying they couldn't collectively spot one; but spot every one of those NEOs?

So, I am simply saying that just because people aren't jumping up and down about it, doesn't in itself mean it's fake. Of course, things such as the quality of the source and other such factors will help judge whether it is or isn't. But not whether anyone else has tracked it.

Having said that, maybe it could at least be verified by the astronomy community? But then you would need to know its trajectory and its current co-ordinates. Which aren't published possibly due to this being a fake or because it has not been published.

Which brings us back to square one. There is nothing concrete here to verify for or against, other than the quality of the source. Hey-ho.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlesyhTwonk

Well, fair enough.. You are saying because people aren't jumping up and down about it, doesn't mean it's fake. That works.. Then let's clarify a bit. I'm saying it.

Even if we want to discount the myriad of observers with their own equipment around the world (Whom NASA and JPL draw a good number of finds and data from, by the way), then almost every nation with science as a paid area of interest has some observatories. Developed nations have very advanced ones. Within those, there are additional 10's of thousands of people between the handful looking into the telescope views or watching screens...down to the Janitors who would hear the "OH MY GOD IT''s COMING ! !" screamed across the cavernous interior of an observatory interior after the science people saw or confirmed it.

The idea SOME would know about a 1/2 mile wide incoming object ..but ONLY a few ....(enough so WE hear about it tho right?) yet NO ONE in those fields is even acting a bit odd? Ummm... Well, this is in the Hoax bin for a reason, I'm thinking.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The idea SOME would know about a 1/2 mile wide incoming object ..but ONLY a few ....(enough so WE hear about it tho right?) yet NO ONE in those fields is even acting a bit odd? Ummm... Well, this is in the Hoax bin for a reason, I'm thinking.

Maybe, maybe not. Question the source, yes, but you are still making an assumption about an unprecedented occurrence.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlesyhTwonk

Originally posted by abeverage
Although it would destroy a major city and cause a lot of damage a meteor that size (.5 miles wide) is NOT a ELE .

Is it an event that would change the world as we know it? YES

It's the End of the World as we know it! but I feel fine...

Wouldn't that depend on what it was made of, how fast it was travelling and finally where it hit us? Are you an ELE expert? I know I'm not.

Here go blow up Earth a few times untill you are sure...

If you do not believe the math and science behind it I am not sure what to tell you!

The proof of how big one would have to be is that there is still life here after several HUGE impacts...There is still life after a 7 mile MOUNTAIN hit earth and if it was an ELE we could not be having this discussion.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There was a thread about big spiders. Maybe we need a big spider to knit an asteroid catching web around the earth. We can call it the world wide web.
edit on 20-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlesyhTwonk

Although it would destroy a major city and cause a lot of damage a meteor that size (.5 miles wide) is NOT a ELE .

Is it an event that would change the world as we know it? YES

It's the End of the World as we know it! but I feel fine...

Wouldn't that depend on what it was made of, how fast it was travelling and finally where it hit us? Are you an ELE expert? I know I'm not.

Here go blow up Earth a few times untill you are sure...

If you do not believe the math and science behind it I am not sure what to tell you!

The proof of how big one would have to be is that there is still life here after several HUGE impacts...There is still life after a 7 mile MOUNTAIN hit earth and if it was an ELE we could not be having this discussion.

Great. We'll all be fine then. Thanks Doc.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Is this the real reason the banks in Cyprus will remain closed for the rest of this week?

7 days away? Well better do the washing up then, can't have a dirty kitchen in the face of disaster.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderLustKing

I doubt any of that info i even close to being correct or wouldnt it be all over the news?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well, fair enough.. You are saying because people aren't jumping up and down about it, doesn't mean it's fake. That works.. Then let's clarify a bit. I'm saying it.

Maybe you misunderstand me, or maybe I misunderstand you, but I am referring to the observers of such a NEO jumping up and down screaming 'we see it too'. In which case they would be corroberating the claim. You are refuting it. Your good self jumping up and down does neither.

Firstly, name one single NEO that we know about that is on a certain collision course with Earth. There isn't one. Not even in the distant future. Now, is this because we will never get hit, or because we aren't that clever yet? (Or maybe we're not being told yet)

Secondly, can you keep a secret?

Thirdly, is it impossible to imagine a small team of people holding onto privileged information?

Lastly, we all want the truth. We're here on a conspiracy forum because we believe we don't have it. We are skeptical, that's natural, and we're cynical to some degree, that's why we question the source. To question the scenario with such certainty is where we beg to differ.
edit on 20-3-2013 by FlesyhTwonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

We're debating something that doesn't even exist. It's in the Hoax bin...so I'm just backing off at this point.

If we ever get a NEO that is found to have been known and covered in advance, I'll really give credit to the idea it could happen in any real world way. At least for more than the very VERY short time the first people who found it don't tell anyone. Aside from that... suggesting such massive cover-ups in an area people all over the planet watch, totally independent of each other ...is a step further than I'm going in more than pure speculation on a "Maybe..that could possible happen... " The only place I've even heard of this scenario happening in a real sense? Is Hollywood.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well I never said that...I just said it wouldn't be a ELE...

I am pretty sure it would stir things up into an awful mess and who knows maybe humans wouldn't survive it but life would. hehe

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by network dude
I will bet you ten million dollars, (Dr. Evil voice required) that it will not happen. In fact, I hold that bet open to anyone who wishes to take it.

So now you can say a man claims that nothing will happen and all is well.

So if nothing happens, you get 10 billion dollars, and if the asteroid DO hit, you owe nothing since you will be dead anyway. Smart

Drats! And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids! (Scooby Doo bad guy voice required)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by WonderLustKing
Well I do nbernardschnitzel.m.webs.com...࢚t know what to make of this. I have not heard of this site before, and can not find any other information to support his claims at the moment. The doom and gloom scenario has crossed my mind... Well here is as heads up in case it may be real.

Here
edit on 20-3-2013 by WonderLustKing because: (no reason given)

The guy is called bernie around here, and he has made many acciunts trying to perpetuate his crap, he fets outed and his posts 404 pretty quickly once the older members alert the mods to a bernie sighting.

I just linked to a ln op late last night abiut his latest thread in the introduction forum, and it beint a copy pasted exact replica of the same story from his sight.

I bieve I still have the link in my clipboard let me see......

bernardschnitzel.m.webs.com...

Yup,
It's Bernie the Bolt alright, how he managed to get free from those aliens that abducted him I'll never know.
He us a hoaxer and a pest.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're right, this is a hoax. I don't believe it either. The source has no credibility, no credentials and no evidence.

However, could a comet or asteroid hit us without detection? Yes, I definitely think so (as proved by the recent Russian meteor). Could one on a collision course be discovered in advance. Yes, as long as the effort is there. And is it possible that this information could be withheld by a few privileged (don't forget that much of the data analysis is automated, so that maybe the list of recipients in the event of a notification would be for only key personnel) individuals who would have to follow process and protocol before alerting (or not) the world. Possible.

Anyway, agreed that this is most probably tosh.

Run for the hills!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well I never said that...I just said it wouldn't be a ELE...

I am pretty sure it would stir things up into an awful mess and who knows maybe humans wouldn't survive it but life would. hehe

Gulp

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join