It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims Half Mile Wide Asteroid will hit Earth in the next 7 days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter

Originally posted by stirling
Wed better watch the heads of state....theyll all dissapear in days then.....

Well if it is supposed to hit Canada or Mexico maybe that is why Obama is in Israel for the first time ever

Or, stay safely in the US and let it whiz by in it's way to Canada or Mexico.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What's becoming of ATS? Recycled known hoax stories which have previously been 404'd. This is getting tiresome.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderLustKing

The fact you can't find anything else to even suggest this fabricator and liar is saying something worthwhile should be your first HUGE red flag. Critical thinking....it's more than a good idea.

I've been watching our favorite little hoaxer come across ATS here at least once a day now for a few days, babbling his same tired old line about incoming asteroids and doom within days. Same crap the troll has been peddling for a long long time. In fact, it's literally his signature lines ...and makes identifying him from REAL new users very easy. lol.. You'd think he'd vary the B.S. just a little to slip past occasionally. It says something about him that it's apparently never even occurred to him, IMO.

Anyway.... If there was REALLY something headed for Earth and that close...do you REALLY think you'd have to look to find information? There are 10's of thousands of average, normal people around the world with the equipment to see it. There would be screaming from the roof tops and would have been, starting quite awhile back I'll bet.

Damn sure would be by now.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
Although it would destroy a major city and cause a lot of damage a meteor that size (.5 miles wide) is NOT a ELE .

Is it an event that would change the world as we know it? YES

It's the End of the World as we know it! but I feel fine...

link   
Bernard bernardschnitzel.m.webs.com... E0%A2%9A#1133Schniztel.
Have a look of his site if you want to lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderLustKing
I just looked up some other sites that still have info, more or less on the same story. It does appear to be a hoax. I guess I can go back to finding a better job. Sigh

Did you happen to catch the name of the asteroid? IIRC, something like DA2013 CL2 (Schnitzel), named after its discoverer of course, Heinerich Schnitzel? Not a chance this is real.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Oh.. By the way.. If you want to know if it's Bernie, just question the troll openly. If you suddenly get flooded with Foe msgs? It's him..... I got foe'd 5 times in a row yesterday. I felt special for a few minutes after that.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlesyhTwonk

Originally posted by spyder550
His facebook page - linked in the article says that he studied art. In the article he claims to be scientist.

I think the facebook guy is the guy who posted it, rather than the author? I mean, the message starts of saying his name is Raymond.

Ooops My mistake - mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

His facebook page - linked in the article says that he studied art. In the article he claims to be scientist.

Maybe he studied "The Art of Trolling".

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by WonderLustKing

Anyway.... If there was REALLY something headed for Earth and that close...do you REALLY think you'd have to look to find information? There are 10's of thousands of average, normal people around the world with the equipment to see it. There would be screaming from the roof tops and would have been, starting quite awhile back I'll bet.

Damn sure would be by now.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Erm, I think hunting for near earth objects isn't something the average keen amateur astronomer would be capable of. But then what do I know.

Who spotted the one that hit Russia the other day? No one right. Well, unless it was kept hush hush.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Although it would destroy a major city and cause a lot of damage a meteor that size (.5 miles wide) is NOT a ELE .

Is it an event that would change the world as we know it? YES

It's the End of the World as we know it! but I feel fine...

Wouldn't that depend on what it was made of, how fast it was travelling and finally where it hit us? Are you an ELE expert? I know I'm not.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlesyhTwonk

I think the facebook guy is the guy who posted it, rather than the author? I mean, the message starts of saying his name is Raymond.

Ooops My mistake - mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa

Yes please. Would love a cuppa. Thanks for the offer.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlesyhTwonk

You might want to read through the Space forum here. There are a fair number of members who look for such things with high tech backyard equipment as a hobby...and many more world wide who do it for more than just fun.

You may be surprised at just how much anyone can see if they put a bit of money into it and have the luck of living outside major population centers for the blinding light pollution.

link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by MaxSteiner

Bernard Schnitzel has been posting hoaxes of all kinds on the site for months. it was aliens for a while, now he's moved on to asteroids.

I'm guessing that, when he tires of asteroids, he'll start posting stories about robotron or mass centipede attacks.

If your guess manifests into a real thread, Please let them fly at least for a while

As that would be entertainment heaven

Hopefully the Robotrons will be defending us from the centipede attack instead of being allied with them otherwise we might not survive

link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Well if it is supposed to hit Canada or Mexico maybe that is why Obama is in Israel for the first time ever

Yes, Israel would be the safest place on Earth if the American continent was devastated.

No one would take advantage of that situation. Would they ?
:
If the Potus was to host an impromptu luncheon for a select cotiere of world leaders / bankers and royalty in an underground restaurant in Antartica then I would believe that TPTB have knowledge of an incoming threat.

I do believe though that if it does happen someday, there will be very little warning as the Russian meteor proved.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know, and I hear what your saying. You are absolutely right. In all honesty, I didn't search the story itself, I tried to find info on scientific sites to prove one has just been discovered. I also didn't spend a lot of time, especially knowing what great sleuths most of you are, and knowing that if it was a hoax, I would hear a response rather quickly in that regards.

The only thing I know is that the one in Russia was not seen coming in. The other one further away was. There has been a lot of "Fireball" sightings recorded since then. There have been larger asteroids since then as well as comets flying near earth. There are a lot arguments that can be made, hoax or not. I had a dream years ago of a bunch of smaller asteroids and then a huge one hitting earth. Back then it was just a dream, and more on the spiritual meaning of it. It has been in the back of my head a lot more lately. Mods please feel free to delete post. Thanks

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
If we start seeing all the low life cowards and polititians of the world scurrying towards their little underground forts to live like moles we will know there is some truth to this.

I hope while they are all down there they develop some incurable disease causing them to rape each others anus then covert to cannibalism starting with the bum hole.

Still laughing! tears in eyes! S&F if i could!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

And yes, It was on GLP, which I don't really look at. I believe it was

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Why are hoax threads 404'd?

I remember reading a thread on the 404'd asteroid thread and one postser asked how it could be the said 'new hoaxer' when the person who wrote it has been a member since 2005?
Will this thread now be 404'd?
And with all the other stupid threads that never get 404;d why was that stupid thread 404'd?
Just asking?
Don't shoot the messenger?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
this is pure rubbish..

i hope this will be threated as it deserves by our immaculate staff

lets care about the ATS's standard

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join