It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyprus crisis deepens: Bailout rejected, BANKS MAY NOT REOPEN!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by walliswallis

You can't close the bank down entirely!

uh, yes you can

Technically the government could, but that would only worsten the situation once the banks fully open.

The whole idea is to ease tensions and maintain some confidence in the banking system.

If banks close totally they might as well declare martial law, which I am not sure what that would do anyway.

Sooner or later russia and china need to step in and save cyprus since cyprus declined EU help.

You are in complete denial, the banks are insolvent, almost every government is drowning in debt. There comes a point when the bailouts will stop because everyone has figured out it they don't work. How many failed bailouts do you really think it is going to take before even the dumbest person realizes they are not doing anything other than flushing more money down the toilet. The math has been clear that bailouts are idiotic for years, they have only been done to keep peoples confidence up, but if that no longer works ....

I think we may have finally reached that point, but if not, it won't be much longer.

The banksters know that -- which is why I believe this will all end in WWIII.

The cabal which controls the US, EU, & UN will have to finish picking off the Mideastern countries first though.

The Chinese are smart enough to know what's coming and are frantically preparing for war as fast as they can.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If similar measures take place in Italy and Spain we are in for one heck of a ride

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by Exitt

Did you know that Germany imports Czechs and polish people to workcamps where they work 60 hours a week for about 400€ ?

A few questions about this. Do the workers pay to live in the camps? If so, how much? What kind of comforts do they have? What kind of work is it? Because honestly, 60 hrs a week @ $8.60US / hr might not be all that bad of income if most the cash goes right into the pocket.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
In 2008 Cyprus voted their first Communist ruler. Consequently all the wealthy taxpayers escaped.2013 Cyprus is broke. No surprise at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

This would have been helpful
en.wikipedia.org...
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
New US territory anyone? The US should come in and rescue Cyprus. Sure we are broke but the government can print all the money it wants over here on this side of the Atlantic. 10-20 billion? That's peanuts.

They can set them up nice like Puerto Rico, a commonwealth US territory. The US can even build a nice new Naval base. Why turn to Russia or China, the good old USA can print them all the money they need.

Not sure but it wasnt so long ago that the US sold them a load of tanks. Every one was going nuts as they needed help at the time. Instead they got tanks.
Collapse their econonmy then move in an buy it all up with worthless paper. lol Get them presses printing boys. We are on a winner.
Watch the dominoes tumble is my guess, Just a matter of time before it all comes grinding to a halt. Throw in a war and then it can get going again. That was always the answer in the past.
What a sad world.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

I agree with you....the Polish who work in Germany do so because they make more money there than they would in Poland. I had Polish friends who worked in Germany for this reason.....

My take on all this is that the entire WORLD is f@cked and there isn't a d@mn thing anybody is going to do about it...I imagine there was a LOT of talking going on in the cafes and coffeeshops before WW1 and WW11 and just about ANY war that was ever fought.....but now we've got TV and video games and other things to occupy our minds....this time.....when the big war starts.....the average mouth breather will be crying about how they didn't see it coming, (not until the TV goes out and there's no internet and the ATM says "unavailable"), and will turn to "leaders" who will no longer be there "for the people"......this next big world war...it's already begun.....

but this is my world weary opinion....

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Cyprus minister returns from Russia...with NO DEAL!
RT News

OK....What next?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
RT News

OK....What next?
Rainbows
Jane

Great work pissing off two potential sources for the direly needed loan. They should have taken EUs offer. Giving away 10% may be wrong from a fundamental point of view, but its better than losing everything.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemo418

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by Exitt

Did you know that Germany imports Czechs and polish people to workcamps where they work 60 hours a week for about 400€ ?

A few questions about this. Do the workers pay to live in the camps? If so, how much? What kind of comforts do they have? What kind of work is it? Because honestly, 60 hrs a week @ $8.60US / hr might not be all that bad of income if most the cash goes right into the pocket.

Well, this is not "Germany" doing this, in fact Amazon did this. Hiring cheap workers from eastern countries to work in High season for minimum payments. And look and behold, Amazon is an US corporation....
The whole thing is fairly disgusting, but since Germany doesn't have a minimum wage, they get away with it. Hoepefully we get a law for minimum wages after Election in September. It's about time this happens here.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by roswell1987

There's more....
A Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) “urgent bulletin” being sent to Embassies around the world today is advising both Russian citizens and companies to begin divesting their assets from Western banking and financial institutions “immediately” as Kremlin fears grow that both the European Union and United States are preparing for the largest theft of private wealth in modern history.

According to this “urgent bulletin,” this warning is being made at the behest of Prime Minister Medvedev who earlier today warned against the Western banking systems actions against EU Member Cyprus by stating:

“All possible mistakes that could be made have been made by them, the measure that was proposed is of a confiscation nature, and unprecedented in its character. I can’t compare it with anything but … decisions made by Soviet authorities … when they didn’t think much about the savings of their population. But we are living in the 21st century, under market economic conditions. Everybody has been insisting that ownership rights should be respected.”

Medvedev’s statements echo those of President Putin who, likewise, warned about the EU’s unprecedented private asset grab in Cyprus calling it “unjust, unprofessional, and dangerous.”

www.eutimes.net...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
That makes a lot of sense in light of this:
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

RT News

OK....What next?
Rainbows
Jane

First, I'd like to hear your take, second, and more importantly - after looking at your avatar, let me introduce myself...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

reply to post by roswell1987

There's more....
A Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) “urgent bulletin” being sent to Embassies around the world today is advising both Russian citizens and companies to begin divesting their assets from Western banking and financial institutions “immediately” as Kremlin fears grow that both the European Union and United States are preparing for the largest theft of private wealth in modern history.

According to this “urgent bulletin,” this warning is being made at the behest of Prime Minister Medvedev who earlier today warned against the Western banking systems actions against EU Member Cyprus by stating:

“All possible mistakes that could be made have been made by them, the measure that was proposed is of a confiscation nature, and unprecedented in its character. I can’t compare it with anything but … decisions made by Soviet authorities … when they didn’t think much about the savings of their population. But we are living in the 21st century, under market economic conditions. Everybody has been insisting that ownership rights should be respected.”

Medvedev’s statements echo those of President Putin who, likewise, warned about the EU’s unprecedented private asset grab in Cyprus calling it “unjust, unprofessional, and dangerous.”

www.eutimes.net...

Rainbows
Jane

This is my excuse for living paycheck to paycheck with no real savings...

Well, that and the fact I like to fill my weekends with cocktails and debauchery... but hey - the former sounds so much more astute.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnderGetty
That makes a lot of sense in light of this:
www.zerohedge.com...

Uuuugh....no it doesn't!

Russian Leader Warns, “Get All Money Out Of Western Banks Now!”
By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Ah booger...as you were! I knew I should have checked the source out first given it was eutimes!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Everyone needs to go the route of iceland. Put these bankers in jail they are screwing people all over the world. They own us and these are just the first to go They are planning for a world breakdown to go to one currency.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

AT LAST! - the mafia gang of thieves ruling russia today had shown their hand and strategy, although your posted report is not true, but the general mood amongst those wealthy russians will be one of belligerance. They are thugs and will fight to the end to ensure not even one penny is missing.

1. Rob the russian masses of their wealth and opportunities through bribery, corruption and just plain theft of state assets, then,

2. Stash and hide them in greedy banks around the world outside russia - to evade accounting from prying eyes and to earn profits.

3. When those greedy banks collapses and regulatory measures to correct errors take place - the mafia raise hue and cry, these thieves accusing the west as thieves robbing their ill-gotten wealth. What a joke!

Fortunately, their wealth are not that great, nor will those whom operate outside of Putin's Mafia will want to reveal their hoard and get smashed and robbed by his gangsters.

But may Free world leaders take note of what the Russian mafia had done, be wary of those money laundering thieves, and best RIGHT NOW to TELL THEM TO WITHDRAW THEIR MONEY AND GET LOST! It is not worth the trouble and instablity to economies, nor does crime pays.

While many fantasize about western and EU conspiracies, dreaming up every conceivable nonsense, they failed and are blind as they had not look under Putin's carpet, where the REAL conspiracy is happening.

For those who claim Russia is innocent, I only ask this - If russian businessmen were honest, upright and have intentions to build up their own society....are there no banks in Russia, that they had to quietly shift those funds overseas, into disreputable banks???

edit on 22-3-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by gladtobehere
The plan is now to "blackmail" the Cypriot people by withholding ALL their cash saving from them indefinitely, until they agree to the 10% robbery instead...

No it isn't I predicted this would happen in another thread.

What they want to do is instill panic in people and have them say "they're not having MY money" even though it isn't much.

Instead what they'll then do is take the natural resources, property, and anything else owned by the state as collateral.

While most people will be happy with that since they are keeping THEIR money, what they are actually doing is giving away the wealth of future generations, AND giving away their freedom, since whoever owns it all will in effect own them too.

They will not then in future be able to say no to anything the EU tells them to do, they will be owned lock, stock, and barrel by the bureaucrats in Brussels.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is sad to see that there still some who prefers the comforts of delusions.

The Cyprus banks had lost a TREMENDOUS amount of depositor's money. That is a fact and reality.

Who was responsible for the lost? There is NO ONE else to be blamed. The banks were managed by cypriot bankers and regulated by ELECTED representatives of the Cyprian People who trusted them and gave them the power to lead.

The elected representatives made promises, but were only demagogues playing to the gallery, telling what the foolish cypriots want to hear, to get elected.

And now, this mess happened, thanks to cyprus bankers and govt. There is NO money in those banks.

Whatever money that cypriots could withdraw from the ATMs, were EU TAXPAYERS SAVINGS AND FUNDS, used by ECB to PROP up those machines.

AND YET, cypriots are blaming them and spitting on them, espacially Germany????!!! Have cypriots lost the moral compass and conscience?

And cypriots worship russia, thinking russia will help??!!! FOOLS!! Russia cares nothing for Cyprus. They CAN get a refund from the lost deposits when the banks collapses, by suing and threatening every cypriot to pay up.

But for now, they would prefer Cyprus gets the loans from the bleeding hearts EU, even if a levy is needed. The russian mafia thugs can live with 10% loss on their deposits than to get not a cent when the banks collapse. And thus their refusal to throw a lifeline to the crazed cyriot russia worshippers.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Not so fast there is hope for a bale out could come with in hours from the EU worldnews.nbcnews.com... from the link

official-says-eu-bailout-deal-could-come-in-next-few-hours
oh the doom and gloom pron is getting out of hand , chicken little never had it so good. oh yea the boy that cried wolf, DPRK will get him

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join