It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyprus crisis deepens: Bailout rejected, BANKS MAY NOT REOPEN!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
how are people surviving there?

if the banks are shut, nobody can get money, electronic transactions are blocked I believe as well so that means debit and credit cards wouldn't be working.

so the only cash around is whats in peoples pockets

how long before people are going hungry?

you could almost say the citizens of cyprus are under seige

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright
how are people surviving there?

if the banks are shut, nobody can get money, electronic transactions are blocked I believe as well so that means debit and credit cards wouldn't be working.

so the only cash around is whats in peoples pockets

You are wrong. Cash machines are working (though they keep running out of cash)
Plenty of reports about it on the news.
www.guardian.co.uk...
People are still in limbo though - such as business peeps and those who were in the middle of big transactions.
edit on 21-3-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

UPDATE In Cyprus werd besloten om de omstreden heffing op spaargeld te schrappen. Er is een akkoord om een investeringsfonds op te richten, zo verklaarde de Cypriotische president.
De partijleiders spraken eerder al over een "solidariteitsfonds", zei parlementariër Averof Neophytou van de regerende partij. Daarin zouden staatsbezittingen bijeen worden gebracht die als onderpand kunnen dienen voor een noodlening. Neophytou zei verder dat hij vandaag nog geen stemming verwacht in het parlement.

www.hln.be...

So again there you have it. Remember an early comment I made giving up cultural history/inheritance.
rough translation:

UPDATE: Cyprus has decided to remove the levy on savings. They agreed to create fund, a solidarity fund. In this fund there will be a collection of State Assets, they hope will suffice as bail for a new loan from the ECB.

Remember what they did in Greece? Greece has to sell big chunks of land and archaeological sites to keep from going bankrupt. They are selling whole islands and even the Acropolis is up for sale. All to private investors of course.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Wait a minute, you are Dutch ?? yet you accuse Angela Merkel of being in charge?

This is just beyond my comprehension when your (our
own government is making plans together with Angela how to cheat the poor into giving up more monies?
Global bankers are in charge, our politicians are puppets and you are accusing ze Germans of some non existent nazi agenda for the EU economic problems?

Are you denying ignorance or what?

edit...you are completely right about the privatizing of national goods. That is the 'real conspiracy' and it is obvious to all who see.

edit on 21-3-2013 by Exitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Thank you for that link to the ECB being granted the power to 'police' the banks.....18 months before they were supposed to get it!

I felt there was something else going on over this Cyprus situation (never waste a good crisis!), and true to form...this is what has 'slipped under the radar' so to speak. Excellent find, and you might just have saved a lot of peoples bacon....well done.
Game over I would say!
Rainbows
Jane

PS Apologies...I got the wrong original poster...off to star that one now....
edit on 21-3-2013 by angelchemuel because: PS

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Apologies...please see my post

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt
reply to post by Senduko

Global bankers are in charge, our politicians are puppets and you are accusing ze Germans of some non existent nazi agenda for the EU economic problems?

Don't be fooled, the Nazi's never left, they just went for a different angle. It would be beyond naive to think the Nazi's left in Germany.

"People are angry and although they are angry at their government, the face of EVIl/EU is well.... Angela Merkel."

I think you misunderstood, let me clarify: In the eye of the common people Angela Merkel is the reincarnation of Hitler himself. She's as you pointed out just a puppet,

Also i'm not dutch, i'm Flemish
And yes, sadly Belgium is a keyplayer in the NWO. *cough Herman Van Rompuy*

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So wgy isnt inaction being promoted there??!! i mean sh*t if all my lifes work was just stripped id e more than comfortable not doing a damn thing considering id be broke lol

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels
My heart goes out to these poor people, and all victims of the banking scam that was pulled on the public.

Who ARE those "poor people"?

POOR people don't have money in their effing savings account. Even IF "poor people" have "some" money in their savings, the 6,7% amount to just €67 if someone has €1000 on the account. If someone has more, let alone SUBSTANTIAL savings, the 6,7% or 9,9% would actually matter, those people ARE NOT POOR.

Seriously, I am getting agitated over the entire thing, reading how some people are freaking over idiotic money amounts. I am paying €200 each and every month for utilities, pay my freaking share on bank fees here in Spain or Germany OR WHEREVER ELSE ON THIS PLANET...plus outrageous paypal fees (as someone who conducts internet business), I am not whining. But "the poor" people in Cyprus are crying because a percentage of their money is taken away from their savings?

Oh.how much is "taken away" from me each few days buying cigs for me and my wife? Or how much is the government taking from YOU, let's say if you live in NY or Chicago and pay $15 for a pack of cigs? Or what about gas??

RIDICULOUS. But THERE obviously no-one comes up with the idea that robbery goes on...why is that? Funny thing is, in Cyprus, "poor people" literally don't have any business to complain, UNLESS "poor people" all of a sudden all have savings accounts.
edit on 21-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What's with all the German hatred? The Cypriot banks have run their affairs so badly that they've all gone bankrupt and lost all of their depositors money.

To stop themselves from going out of business they need a bail out.

And the German people have said you know what? We don't want to hand over our taxpayers money to bail out failed banks in a country that is not even ours and provide hand-outs to foreign citizens.

What's wrong with that? I wouldn't want my tax money going straight into the pockets of Cypriot savers.

Sad truth is the Cypriot banks are bankrupt, they've lost so much money their government can't afford to bail them out, so the poor old Cypriot in the streets is probably going to lose everything. Much more than the 7-10% they are going to lose at the moment.

Can't really blame the Germans for this.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Poor is an expression: Ya know... Empathy, might want to look that up.
And for the record, "poor" people have it easy, They get money for being poor, they can do what ever they want and don't need to share a dime. Poor people are happy with what they have, because most of them don't want the responsibility your Joe average has.

And yes you should feel bad for those people in Cyprus, you pay 200 a month, well so do they, we are talking about the middle class. We the middle class don't get rewarded because we make to little or to much money. So those Cypriots should feel bad because they saved money? Lol, 1000€ on a savings account is nothing, maybe go on a holiday, prepare for Christmas to give kids a present, i don't know.. point is

You wouldn't mind that your government blocks your savings account withdraws X amount before ever making a statement about and without your consent. I mean the banks already took the money before announcing it.

I wonder how would you react.

Edit: @Painterz : like you sad, the BANKERS run their affairs so badly, so why would you need to pay up for this mistake?

Honestly I don't understand how people can defend this, You work right? So if you do your job badly, who is to blame? You are. Not the guy you are working for, not your client ( if you have them) Just you.

I have a little company, If I mis-manage my company its on me, I did it. Yet when a government or a bank does mis-managing its the customers fault? How does that make sense? Ever?
edit on 21-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels

As a lovely, elderly Cypriot lady said on the news yesterday, this is Germany waging another war.
World War 3 has started and it's a financial war.
The Cypriots, Greeks, Italians, Spanish and many others are being forced from their homes, selling their possessions, losing their jobs and eating from rubbish bins and food banks because of a corrupt few and because of Germany.

And that's a plain and outright lie or coming from someone who has not the slightest clue what in reality is going on. So must have the people who starred your post.

Maybe you should start list a few points why it is supposed to be Germany's fault that Cyprus is bankrupt, or Italy's and Spain's economy is so weak. Your "NAZIs" are the ones who pay for those corrupt countries out from taxpayers money for ages already.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
And that's a plain and outright lie or coming from someone who has not the slightest clue what in reality is going on. So must have the people who starred your post.

Maybe you should start list a few points why it is supposed to be Germany's fault that Cyprus is bankrupt, or Italy's and Spain's economy is so weak. Your "NAZIs" are the ones who pay for those corrupt countries out from taxpayers money for ages already.

Wish there were more folks like you here on ATS, but it seems there some here whom are hell-bent trying to stir up readers to their insane agenda using falsehoods if not outright lies.

I understand times are bad and many are suffering, but if we start blaming others or worse, embrace lies and be manipulated, we will only end up suffering more through violent reactions in daily life against supposed 'enemies' who are only actually innocent.

May readers may be more discerning. Some say words do not kill, but if you study the profiles of the insane lone gunmen killers of children recently, they had subscribed to some nutty conspiracy theory based on fantasy, and had sought to bring those fantasy to real life.

This is a conspiracy site no doubt, but ATS do stand to deny ignorance, even as it explores every angle and leaves no stone unturn, but based upon facts, substantiatable evidences and logic. . If members do not make that same stand, then this site will sadly only become another wackjob site.
edit on 21-3-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think there's a very important facet to this crisis that has been overlooked in this thread, and that is the presence of Russian nationals in Cyprus and its banking system. Cyprus has become a haven for Russian billionaires and expatriates, one of the chief reasons why Cyprus' banking sector is so gargantuan in comparison to its economy.

I believe that the recent news of the Cypriot Finance Minister visiting Russia (www.reuters.com...) is the canary in the gold mine here. It's curious that Gazprom, Russia's leviathan oil company, offered to assist in the bailout if given rights to Cyprus' oil.

Overall, I think that the Cypriot people are trapped between arbitrary EU austerity and prostituting themselves to Russia, but it still perplexes me why the EU chose to pursue this path in dealing with Cyprus. They're intelligent finance workers, they should understand that even mentioning a bank deposit "tax" is enough to cause a bank run. So why did they do it? Qui bono?

Russia?
edit on 21-3-2013 by AGR1PPA because: Added link to news story for clarification/attribution

edit on 21-3-2013 by AGR1PPA because: Tried to hyperlink an article, but I give up.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AGR1PPA

Indeed, it has me somewhat startled aswell, I mean Cyprus is like the medium to attack Russia. Attack might be a big word, but it's like you said, They want this bankrun.

They knew the tax would be a redflag, then they opted to close the banks causing even more unrest, now they even said the banks might not even re-open.

Its like that Cypriot said on an interview, We don't want to choose for Russia, but russia has always been there for us. They are driving us to the Russians. Odd to say the least, Or maybe they are trying to get a foothold in the Russian Empire? Cyprus being the horse of Troy?

Well I wouldn't be surprised if the coming weeks will bring some answers.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Well said. And I think the wild card in this entire situation is Cyprus itself.

What many do not realize is that it is not a united nation; Northern Cyprus has been occupied by Turkey since the '70s, and both Cyprus and the TRNC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus) lay claim to the island. I don't think Turkey will use this turmoil as an opportunity to invade the entirety of the island, but it does darken the political future of the island: if Russia does get the oil rights from Cyprus, will Turkey attempt to block Russia's oil exploration by claiming sovereignty? Will the situation inflame rhetoric in Turkey, which is already tenuously holding onto social cohesion? What of the Cypriot people and their determinism?

Another destabilizing region in a destabilizing world.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AGR1PPA

If I could star you more I would have, Interesting fact you bring up, for some reason, I can't help but wonder if this would be connected to this thread from Wrabbit2000 :www.abovetopsecret.com...

That aid to Egypt, Egypt and turkey are good friends no? I don't know, just spit-balling here. It does seem to make the Cyprus event a tad more explosive.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
And while you've all been arguing as to who is to blame...you have all totally overlooked a link that was provided over on the first page, which I have acknowledged in my previous post to this one

We're all in the same boat now whether you like it or not....well you lot can be...I'd rather swim.
Cheerio!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Schlact, Borman, Skorzeny...even the grey wolf himself...

They setup the multinationals with the help of the Dulles Brothers to propagate

a fourth reich legacy since the 30's, up until...now!

A much, much better way to win a war that was lost - but whose losers never

formally surrendered to the Allies - was to shuffle the reichbanks vast stolen fortune

into multinational corporations and buy governments to create a new world order.

The EU.

Crazy enough that it might be true. At least it would make for a good Timothy Farrell book!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Thanks for bringing that to light, I had no idea the European Union had aid plans for Egypt of that size. This bothers me to no end, seeing nations with ages of foreign policy experience contradicting the logic of history: you do NOT funnel unrestricted funds into nations that are politically or socially unstable. But I guess that implies that a) They understand what their job is, and b) They have the best interests of their people in mind; both of these are probably false.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join