It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert ! Video the Military Does NOT Want You To See!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Just like Bengazi! The US observes a IED being planted and do nothing to warn our troops.
More unessasery deaths of our troops that could have been provented!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I can't see the video but... maybe it was planned to prolong the fight?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Just like Bengazi! The US observes a IED being planted and do nothing to warn our troops.
More unessasery deaths of our troops that could have been provented!

www.youtube.com...

Alot about that video doesnt add up. Just to start, the entire angle is wrong for a drone, it appears to be from a security cam on a building or somthing, as it is fixed and never moves for more than a day. So it is obviously not a drone, they move, and must refuel.

It is unclear if that is even from iraq or afghanistan, or even if it was an american vehicle, considering the resolution was way too low, it isnt the badass camera on a drone.

Just to clear somthing else up, lets assume it was an american truck, how do you know it wasnt a test of some type, and this is the training video from one of the test areas here in america?

This is in no way conclusive evidence of anything, it could have been anywhere, it could have been any military anywhere in the world.

By simply assuming it is a US military truck, and that it was intentionally allowed into harms way, you are making a lot of leaps of logic here, on only speculative evidence at best.

Please clean up your title, and op before the mods remove it to the trash bin, as this is speculation at its worst, and I have seen threads be trashed over far less.
edit on 20-3-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

00:40
"It's either Afghanistan or Iraq." Look at the time zone. Google is your friend. Look at the grid. Maps are your friends.

00:53
"Constant feed off a drone." It's stationary, and altitude is somewhere around ground level for Afghanistan. This sensor is attached to a manned vehicle. No way to tell if anyone was receiving this as a feed, or if the guy in the vehicle was the only one watching it.

1:30
At this point, there's a cut of about 24 hours. We have no idea what takes place during that time. In all likelihood, that IED was destroyed and the surveillance team went home, or moved to a different target area of interest. Anyway, a route convoy patrol is visible--the guys with anti-mine vehicles, robots, etc. who go up and down roads setting off IEDs. The voiceover says "They just buried an IED," which is not exactly true, as the IED we saw was buried 24 hours ago. That doesn't preclude the possibility of another IED being emplaced before or after the one in the video.

2:10
"Lives could have been saved but nobody said a word." How does he know nobody said a word? He doesn't have recordings of the radio traffic or MIRC traffic. He doesn't have that convoy's pre-mission briefing. He has no idea who had comms with whom. He's just making stuff up now.

At worst, this was a breakdown in communications. Sad, maybe negligent, but it happens in complex operations. The voiceover's narrative assumes facts not in evidence, and kind of ignores one important fact that is in evidence, so it's not entirely trustworthy.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli
reply to post by inverslyproportional

00:40
"It's either Afghanistan or Iraq." Look at the time zone. Google is your friend. Look at the grid. Maps are your friends.

00:53
"Constant feed off a drone." It's stationary, and altitude is somewhere around ground level for Afghanistan. This sensor is attached to a manned vehicle. No way to tell if anyone was receiving this as a feed, or if the guy in the vehicle was the only one watching it.

I have to ask...WHAT TYPE OF DRONE SITS STILL 24 hrs without getting SHOT DOWN or refueling? I also think it was a security camera. It looks like one . I used to be a guard and used them alot. The guy is a obvious panderer who posted that on youtube.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

What are you talking about, I dont see a time zone anywhere. All I see are what appears to be random numbers that mean nothing without context, I think your assuming too much.

I also dont see a grid or map coordinates anywhere that would lead one to be able to say this is absolutely X location in X country.

So try to be a little more specific please, as I dont follow how your coming to these conclusions.

This is most likely a terrorist video, you know they use these for training just like we do right.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Firstly it's afghan
Around the Kandahar region ( with the grid prefix of 41R QQ as seen in the bottom left corner of the vid )
I watched this through my phone so couldn't see the whole grid ref

This footage is shot from a balloon either the US one south of 3 mile mountain or the Canadian one that's north of 3 mile mountain

The route in question looks like the track that runs west from mandi sar or the northern track north of 3 mile mountain that leads to an industrial estate

In that area rockets and sams get target priority due to Kandahar air field........IED's of less importance

And ............can you positively identify that they are laying IED's ..........it's suspect yes ........but not confirmed.........thus no engagement under the rules of engagement

And at the time ........it just felt wrong
Laying an IED during the day time ........lots of people out nearby .......no actual digging in the track seen - just off to the side ( where they bury the battery packs - the high metal content - off the road to evade our metal detectors )
But no actual digging in the road for the trigger ( pressure plate probably ) or explosive charge

From what I saw
50/50 on if we could strike dependant on current int in that area and rules of engagement

There's not enough of the vid to give you any more info
edit on 20-3-2013 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

It shows aircraft @ 4953' 5.3km out from what's being viewed apparently. The aircraft was in 41R QQ as well. The "Screencast-O-Matic.com blocks some of the aircraft information. It showes 934M 5.3KM 1538 (? can't tell if it's 8 or 0, but I think 8) 9337 on the bottom right corner.

It looks like a Buffalo. You can see what appears to be the digging arm laying back along the top of the vehicle.
edit on 3/20/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

i agree...too much assumed, from too little information...however it should be investigated. damn the war

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yep Rodger that
The cameras looking roughly south/ southeast (130deg) which makes me think its the balloon south of 3 mile mountain in the village of kala kalay if my memory serves EDIT the village is kazay kariz ( dunno about spelling sorry )

Edit
Bugger scratch that !! I can't remember if the balloons work in degrees or mils so it's either south east or north east ?!? Bugger ?!? Ill chk the grid on my map later
Edit 2 - just re watched and I think it's in degrees NOT mils

At a range of 5.7 km that puts them on the track I was thinking about
But really don't go trusting the ranger or indicated grid from the cameras on the balloons - very rarely accurate, always needing re calibrating ( means dropping the balloon, big job ) not at all reliable in that respect

Don't have my Kandahar map on me right now but will in about 15 hours - will post back then with a location and what the atmospherics are like there
edit on 20-3-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ok lol naturally I've trimmed down my map to my op area - alas I don't have that grid still on it
But yes it's afghan, Kandahar province - about 20 k off my map to the west
About 50 k west of Kandahar air field
Sure it was a Canadian AOR untill recently - and they always had trouble there - bad land
Coinceidently that puts this IED event in and around the area that staff Sgt went off on one
And the area where karzais family is from ........and sure a few of them got killed 2 years ago there - but my memory is a little fuzzy on that issue - will try to get to another map

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Forget the medals for "cyber valor" this drone operator and/or his superiors should be reprimanded for serious "dereliction of duty" (a career stunting if not career ending move).

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

That wasn't a UAV, it was an Aerostat. UAV's don't hover in one place, and don't loiter that long. You're assuming that the operator didn't pass the word on, but how do you know? Maybe he did and it didn't get to the people that needed it. Mistakes happen in war, but you don't even begin to know what went on behind the scenes here, except for the inflammatory talk of the guy on the video. How does he know what happened? How do we even know anyone was killed? That looks like a Buffalo MRAP. Ever watched Bomb Patrol Afghanistan? One of their MRAPs took a massive hit, and everyone climbed out of it. It blew the entire front end to a twisted mass of metal, and the only problems were headaches, and ringing in the ears.

As for the Aerostat, here's one aspect of the anti-IED mission:

The second form of ATN involves trying to understand your enemy. Where does he live? Where does he get his materiel? Anyone with at least one trip to Iraq, Afghanistan, or a Combined Training Center knows the basics. While aerostats, aloft over their FOBs, are incredible leverage in attacking the network simply focusing on attacking the device and killing the insurgent emplacing it is a very narrow way to utilize aerostats and can easily become the default practice. A PGSS operator, or any ISR for that matter, sees an IED emplacer on a known IED-plagued route. Do you strike him with a Hellfire rocket from a Predator? Do you call close combat attack (CCA) helicopters on-station to do a strafing run? Maybe, instead you watch him. Unlike the Predators or other flying ISR assets, the aerostat is persistent and instantly reactive to the battle captain in the TOC. Insurgents are predictable for all the same reasons we, the counter-insurgents, are predictable. We have infrastructure and bases we need to protect, and supplies that we need to get in order to do our missions. Furthermore, we may not necessarily have complete freedom of movement throughout our OE and so we use the same roads and trails consistently. These factors also affect the insurgent. The aerostat provides the opportunity to watch and learn, and ultimately figure out an insurgent’s pattern of life. The same Company mentioned above with the phenomenal kill rate in just one month after putting an aerostat over their FOB also had remarkable success patterning the enemy. Through careful observation and over the course of some weeks they mapped insurgents’ patterns and then conducted a mission through known IED belts. This mission resulted in more than two dozen IEDs found and cleared within a 2 km stretch – a staggering number. Such a feat is important because heretofore many of our operations required lift assets to get behind IED belts and into compounds of interest. Demonstrating the ability to attack forward through the teeth of their defense for the first time in six months and without a casualty has a significant psychological impact on the enemy, an effect we captured through intelligence collected during and after the operation.

smallwarsjournal.com...

They have two choices with the Aerostat. Call someone in and kill the bomb placers, which keeps them from doing it again, or follow them, and see where they go to get their materials and where they come from. Then raid there, and possibly take out the bomb maker for multiple groups planting the IEDs in the area.

top topics

join