It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama explains the FEMA Camps!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Yeah I like the part when he says he "will work with congress to construct a legal regime"...regime......for indefinite, preemptive detention....

wow....even his face was priceless..."oops."

(If the man wanted to run a dictatorship or autocracy, he should have found a different country to be the leader of)

like Kenya?
I will pay for the flight

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Oh heavens no.... Kenya is a nice country. Why would anyone want to do that to them?? lol.... He'd have fit better in Uganda or Chad...Perhaps Somalia would have been more to his liking for power without accountability. He's like no president I've ever seen or read about, outside Lincoln. 'Ol Abe gets a pass for what he did, as it was during a war for the future of our nation, but his policies and actions are as close as we've ever been to a dictator in office, IMO.

Interestingly, that is also the man Obama seems most fond of emulating and publicly citing on things. Yeah... Figures...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

With the attitudes on this thread I feel that at least one of you will one day act against this government. I'm notifying the authorities to have all of you placed in prolonged detention.

Isn't that scary!?

I have a crazy idea. How about we get out of the middle east, and then no one will have any issues with us.
edit on 3/20/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

the reason they have to continue to hold them, in some cases, is because they are innocent and got "scooped" up in the "war on terror" and yet were TORTURED!

Thus to let them out or to try them is to be convicted BY them for unlawful actions performed by the USA!

So what do you do but leave them in there forever and throw away the key.

What a disgrace!

edit on 20-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Before the thread goes any further and in the interest of being well-informed, here are Part 1 and Part 2 of the original speech. These are from C-Span and have not been cut up or edited to fit anyone's personal agenda. If after watching these all the way through, you still have the same perspective as after watching the Maddow version, then feel free to make your argument. Basing an opinion on the chopped up version of any media outlet without also researching the original source and context of a statement made by anyone, is foolhardy and lazy at best and intentionally ignorant at worst.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Well, this thread has turned into a band wagon ride hasn't it? Your post seems to have gone unnoticed through two pages of replies. There is less than modest questioning of the credibility of this headline than I would have hoped. Jezebel (above) asks for more stringent assessment of the title but your reply should have put it to rest

I've watched this before on ATS where a a thread is debunked somewhere early but then goes on for five or six pages with no one having noticed. A lotta talking and not enough listening

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Nothing is debunked on this thread. Sounds like a C I A , D O D comment to me.

All the camps should be burnt to the ground ASAP.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Not only have the conspiracy theorists been proven right again, what more proof is needed that the future gun grab is connected? They will put it off for a time, simply because they cannot get away with it at the moment. But once civil liberties have been eroded enough, there will be no stopping it within the confines of government, ie the "legal" way, although legality is something to be disputed in this sense. What I mean is that if the government dictates what is legal, regardless of the Constitution, then the people are not only entitled to revolt, they are bound to it, legally speaking. Was not this a tenet this country was founded on?

Civil liberties are slowly being eroded, and as I was saying, it is part of a greater plan. I do not know if any one person in power has a grasp on what the outcome of the plan is, but someone must, considering all things seem to be moving towards a purpose. I never bought into the conspiracy theories regarding powerful groups manipulating the majority of the government into falling in line with some master plan, but honestly at this point I can see no other option. Someone is pushing all of these politicians, including the president, down a particular path, and it just does not make sense unless someone was pulling the strings.

Perhaps it is the wealthy conglomeration of top businesses, who wish only to increase profits and market control. Certainly utilizing the government to this end would be profitable for them in the long run, but it is still difficult for me to wrap my head around them pushing for gun confiscation, indefinite detention, etc, so I do not know if they should be ruled out. I am trying to look at the big picture, but it is not forming in my mind the way I would like it to. This could be because it runs so deeply that it just does not make sense without more knowledge.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jezebel5150

Yes, the video is pure propaganda, but You have to remember this is ATS. Whenever you are putting down Obama or the Democrats you don't have to be factual. You can make up anything you want and not only will the thread not be closed, it will remain on the front page for days.

It's amazing, they will ban someone for knowingly putting up a fake UFO video, but they let this partisan crap go by without a peep, and they actually have the gall to talk about a "liberal agenda" lol, but hey, this site is excellent in keeping one entertained.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
we actually need re-education camps, cause most americans graduate 12th grade as idiots... they need re-education the moment they graduate

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy
reply to post by jezebel5150

Yes, the video is pure propaganda, but You have to remember this is ATS. Whenever you are putting down Obama or the Democrats you don't have to be factual. You can make up anything you want and not only will the thread not be closed, it will remain on the front page for days.

It's amazing, they will ban someone for knowingly putting up a fake UFO video, but they let this partisan crap go by without a peep, and they actually have the gall to talk about a "liberal agenda" lol, but hey, this site is excellent in keeping one entertained.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. There seems to be an awful lot of irrational & illogical stuff being passed off as truth these days. It doesnt make much brain power to debunk this threads. Ironically, this thread's been debunked a few times already and people keeping on overlooking the posts. haha. Truth is no longer valued these days. It's beeen exchanged for enlightenment via emotional stimulation. This doesnt surprise considering how of us are entrenched in this entertainment culture. Many people get most of their emotional interaction via the mass media rather than visceral reality. Many people suffer from a brain retrained and fine-tuned for emotional stimulia with little attention span for anything else.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Massively misleading title. Obama doesn't mention FEMA camps once in this video. Although it is a terrifying speech, he does not mention FEMA.

The silly FEMA spin has actually diluted how dangerous this speech is.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The first customer can be Holdsr the gun running criminal.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well,
To show exactly how much Obama cares for the law...
Obama had a hot mic in Israel recently in which he said "it was nice to get away from congress" while laughing it up.

abcnews.go.com...

I am sorry, but that really shows his contempt for the "law of the land" as he put it like a dozen times in that speech.

He doesnt like oversight. In fact, his plans are so usually against the law of the land that congress is now not even on the same team as him anymore. He is on another. His own.

edit on 21-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Law of the land has been under water for a long time now. The law is admiralty law, law of the sea. That is why no one gets anywhere with law, it's been deceitfully covered up.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Metha-Don

YEP thats what it looks like he meant. !! nice call

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I can't stand Rachel Maddow and I am usually diametrically opposed to anything she takes a stand on. Needless to say, I am surprised that she recognized Obama's desire to go completely against the constitution.
Maybe there is hope for her yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Freja help us !

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Your thread is extremely misleading.
Obama does not speak once about FEMA camps.

This has been posted many times on youtube. Its old material.

I see one going back to 21st MAY 2009. 4 YEARS ago. This is a very old video.

Someone just took the video and put the title 'Obama explains the FEMA Camps" and stuck it up at the start of Feb. The same video 4 years later with FEMA in the title and you fell for it hook , line and sinker.

The original video has been up for 4 years and has 36,000 views.
www.youtube.com...

The new titled version with 'FEMA' is up from start of Feb and already has over 80,000 views. See what Putting FEMA in the title does for a video

Infact one person posted the video with the catchy title of 'Obama justifies FEMA imprisonment of civilians@ in Jan 2011 and managed to get almost 1.2million hits.
www.youtube.com...

The story is over 4years old but if you can put a catchy title on it you make it look like new you will fool so many people.

So either you have been conned, or you are trying to con us? Which is it?

Shows how much business the conspiracy market is worth.

This well said post bears repeating.... already.

What's next? Hurricanes called Obama-caines?
Sinkholes will be Obama-holes? Yeah, those were his idea.
It's how he won the election don't you know?

I was just at a post that stated Obama should be charged with
war crimes for Iraq and Afghanistan.
Republicans doing horrible things during their tenure are conviniently dropped
from minds of the republican party faster than... uh ...what's that last guys name
who ran for President?

It's as if the REAL power of this country,
The Pentagon and all their unchecked power
didn't exist before Obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join