It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worker admits cutting 10 babies at abortion clinic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Everyone knows that sex can potentially lead to pregnancy; if you are having sex, you must be prepared for that possible outcome. Birth control is widely available and is FREE for low income individuals. Condoms are also available for free at these places as well.

Thank you.... extremely sound reasoning IMHO.

I'm always dumbfounded by people who say "it's my body, my choice" ....but then want to abandon/discard the consequences of their choice.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We gasped and shook our heads whilst muttering "bloody communists" 20 years ago when the media told us about how in China they were drowning girl babies and second born babies that thye hadnt forced abborted in time. Now we are doing it. All I can say is "bloody communists" smh

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well the doctors and assistants should be charged, and were rightfully so.

But this really shouldn't turn into a pro-life argument. Snipping babies spines is already illegal and does not happen in the majority of abortions.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I’ve spoken about this experiment to MANY people over the years and have found no one to date who would shock another human.

Of course they are not going to be like "yeah I'd totally shock another human", but the psychology in the actual situation is different. People go along with authority the majority of the time.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Well the doctors and assistants should be charged, and were rightfully so.

But this really shouldn't turn into a pro-life argument. Snipping babies spines is already illegal and does not happen in the majority of abortions.

Mostly correct. Except that a full term viable fetus may have the spine snipped if the head is still inside the mother. This is the procedure called a 'partial birth abortion'. It is legal in cases where the life or health of the mother is threatened if she gives birth.

What I am not clear on is how the mother's life or health is threatened by pushing the fetuses head out without snipping the spine. The procedure is performed by intentionally turning the baby for a 'breech' delivery, which is avoided in a normal delivery. They make it a breech delivery so that they can snip the spine before the head exits the mother. Sometimes the head slips out before they can perform the snip. Seems that some snip them anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

You don't understand that the choice happens when you chose to procreate correct?

When I point a gun at someone, once I pull the trigger the choice has been made.

Why do you base any of your decision on what the man is able to do or not do. You made the choice to have sex, the thing is the man can walk away and you cannot. So therefore make a BETTER decision when you choose to have sex. Unless it is a rape your choice happens at the point of purchase and there are no single choices after that and the unborn child MUST be part of the choice and it spoke when it was conceived. It OBVIOUSLY chose life.

Does you life require you to have sex? Is it for pleasure when you are trying not to conceive? So just because you made a bad choice and were weak enough to have sex when not trying to conceive you think its your choice to kill a living being?

Be responsible. Be an adult. Make the decision when the decision is still just yours. It is SO simple.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

But to kill a baby that is 6 months past its birthdate....that is a special kind of "wrong".

It would be a different story if that were the case, but, that isn't what happened.

The six months is referring to gestational age.

He was performing late term abortions and in some cases, the babies were born alive, and the staff 'finished' the job.

edit on 20-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Gah!

This is why i hate discussing this kind of stuff. There is always someone who purposefully skews reality by injecting hyperbole.

When I asked if what was meant by "6 months old", i was told in a way that implied that it meant post birth.

Thank you for clarifying. It is disappointing that the poster who was misleading to me is who it is. I typically expected far more from them.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Added note:

In case you're wondering the doctor's case was covered here on ATS in 2011 = Pa. abortion doc charged with 8 counts of murder

Gosnell pleaded guilty and is going to testify in the above case.

The woman who's being tried now is one of his 'workers'.

She has been in prison since early 2011, when Philadelphia prosecutors arrested Gosnell, his third wife, Pearl, and eight other employees. Most of them have pleaded guilty and are expected to testify.
(same link)

So not only this woman who’s now on trial but 8 others who, while under the doctor's 'spell' ‘snipped’ live babies over 6 months old, killed them in toilets, etc.

How can anyone have that kind of power? Or is it just plane old evil that does it?

peace

edit on 20-3-2013 by silo13 because: link fix

The baby wasn't killed 'in a toilet'.
The baby was delivered in a toilet and then was later killed by having a woman take scissors to its neck.

Er.. I don't know whats worse...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I'm pro-choice. I'd work at a clinic. You couldn't get me to do this work. No only would would a boss NOT find the work complete, but recieve a considerable amount of Verbal abuse on my way out the door. I will not play Igor to your Dr. Frankenstein.

You are contradicting yourself a little. In many cases of late abortion, children are legally being stabbed with scissors in utero, or their necks are snapped just before the rest of the body comes out. That is legal late abortion for you. Read up.

I am pro-choice as well but let's not kid ourselves. Not every abortion is a lump of cells of a 4 week gestational embryo.

I could never work at such a clinic and if i was in power 12 weeks would be the legal limit.

So what is the difference in your eyes of a 12 week embryo and a 13 week embryo? Is one human and the other not? I am not trying to start an abortion debate with you, as I am pro-choice as well. But what I'm trying to get at is, perhaps once you work in this field, the lines become blurred.
Day one, "i'll never perform this after 12 weeks"
Year two, "i'll go past 12 weeks but NEVER past 15
Year ten, ".......
etc etc. I'm not sure if this is what these people were thinking but it is possible that once you're in that field, the lines you drew for yourself upon entering are much different after working there for a while?

Michelle

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What is the alternative? If a woman presents herself for a legally sanctioned abortion, and for some reason it isn't totally successful and an infant arrives alive, what should happen?

If it's late term abortion, that was performed as measure to prevent the painfully short life of a fatally deformed fetus, should it be allowed to languish or should extreme life saving measures be applied?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

edit on 20-3-2013 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I don't think that poverty makes it okay.

My ‘sadness’ wasn’t directed at the woman who didn’t use birth control but another ATS’er who doesn’t seem to understand when you are poor you’re robbed of choices and the luxury of choice. He indicated the women who used that particular abortion office should have known better and used another clinic.

If you are living in poverty, there is no good reason that efforts should not be made to prevent pregnancy, especially since birth control is handed out for free.

Though I agree in part with your post - I can’t agree with all of it but that shouldn’t rock the world now should it. I do appreciate and applaud your doggedness in standing by what you believe in and not allowing the tide of popular opinion to sway you.

peace

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

What is the alternative? If a woman presents herself for a legally sanctioned abortion, and for some reason it isn't totally successful and an infant arrives alive, what should happen?

I can't answer that and I won't. No offence but I'll not try to come to terms with something I cannot even begin to comprehend. I'd rather choose ignorance than begin to question which might lead to understanding or rationalizing and I don't want to go there.

I will skim the links you posted out of respect for you taking the time to post them. I'll probably regret it but I will, lol.
peace

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Pro-choice???

I wish the babies had pro-choice to abort the mother.
edit on 21-3-2013 by ConspiracyNutjob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Another question might be how much money does it take to get 8 people to lie and send someone to jail?

Why is it only the people you agree with are the ones with conspiracies against them?
edit on 21-3-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

You don't understand that the choice happens when you chose to procreate correct?

I'm just going to throw a couple of questions back at you, for the sake of the argument

Doesn't male population of the world understand that the choice happens when they chose to procreate correct?

Why do you base any of your decision on what the man is able to do or not do. You made the choice to have sex, the thing is the man can walk away and you cannot.

Because i endorse equality. Two people make choice to have sex, two people are responsible for a pregnancy and luckily - women of the 21st century can walk away as well. You just don't agree with that.

So just because you made a bad choice and were weak enough to have sex when not trying to conceive you think its your choice to kill a living being?

Actually, no. I am pro-choice and I have chosen to give birth. Other women must choose for themselves.
Sometimes i think about a world where men would be held accountable by law for every child a woman doesn't want to raise after the birth. Imagine abortion being banned and instead every fetus unwanted by it's mother must be raised by it's male conceiver, it would be a fair solution to abortion ?

I believe that the law would change in an instant. First, there would be dead, abused children everywhere (there are already hundreds of thousands unwanted children being abused), then the law would change and abortion would be made legal and clinics would be built in every city across the world.

edit on 21-3-2013 by Exitt because: (no reason given)

Wait, wait, scrap that thought. This already happened. There were dead children everywhere, the men were forced to marry women who carried their offspring and it took them approx. 200 years to give us a choice of abortion. Circle of life?

edit on 21-3-2013 by Exitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyWarrior

Screw that! That doesn't fly here in my opinion.
If someone tells you to cut a live 6 month old baby's spine, and you do it... your a sick piece of trash.
She, and all involved deserve the hell they brought upon themselves.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This should be a clear example that their should be no banning of abortion, because that is what it looks like if abortion was banned.

This is textbook back-alley procedure. Imagine the risk he was posing to the women, who likely didn't have many health care choices anyway. We really need to make sure that these doctors are doing it the right way, to minimize the risk of infection, or even death.

Keep it legal. Keep it safe. Keep it private.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Doc fights charge that aborted babies born alive

A lawyer for a Philadelphia abortion provider charged with killing seven babies allegedly born alive tried Wednesday to show that at least the first baby had died in the womb and that the mother was not as far along in the pregnancy as the prosecution claims.

Adding for purposes of updating.

Conway was also asked about the collection of fetal feet found in jars at Gosnell's clinic. Moton told jurors that Gosnell kept them in cases where the family wanted DNA, perhaps for legal purposes. Investigators, though, have said they can't find any medical explanation for the macabre practice.

This guy really is a fiend isn't he.

peace

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Another question might be how much money does it take to get 8 people to lie and send someone to jail?

There is that too isn't there. It's amazing what cash will do.

Why is it only the people you agree with are the ones with conspiracies against them?

You'll have to explain this - not sure I know what you're referring to.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join