Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Worker admits cutting 10 babies at abortion clinic

page: 1
23
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

A medical assistant told a jury Tuesday that she snipped the spines of at least 10 babies during unorthodox abortions at a West Philadelphia clinic, at the direction of the clinic's owner.

And she said Dr. Kermit Gosnell and another employee did the same to terminate pregnancies.
yahoo

The whole abortion issue aside? I can almost understand why this guy does what he does - because he’s nothing but a narcissistic sadist psycho, that's why.

But the people who work for him? Who 'snip' the spines of little babies because they're 'told to’.

Honestly - can someone help me understand how anyone could perform such an act because they were afraid to lose their job? Afraid to take a stand?

That I don’t get.

peace
edit on 20-3-2013 by silo13 because: link fix - I hope




posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Fear can be a powerful motivator.



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Added note:

In case you're wondering the doctor's case was covered here on ATS in 2011 = Pa. abortion doc charged with 8 counts of murder

Gosnell pleaded guilty and is going to testify in the above case.

The woman who's being tried now is one of his 'workers'.


She has been in prison since early 2011, when Philadelphia prosecutors arrested Gosnell, his third wife, Pearl, and eight other employees. Most of them have pleaded guilty and are expected to testify.
(same link)

So not only this woman who’s now on trial but 8 others who, while under the doctor's 'spell' ‘snipped’ live babies over 6 months old, killed them in toilets, etc.

How can anyone have that kind of power? Or is it just plane old evil that does it?

peace

edit on 20-3-2013 by silo13 because: link fix



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyWarrior
 


Fear can be a powerful motivator.

That seriously boggles the mind, that words or the fear or repercussions from those words can cause someone to commit murder against a child (or anyone for that matter).

Unreal stuff.

peace



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13
 


Im not a pro-life or pro choice, i'm in the middle, depending on the stage of the baby and the health of both mother and parents... but this is just disgusting... just imagining couple of tweezers breaking the spinal cord... But i do hope parents who decide on abortion do think about these things.

Sadly, if its legal and part of the job description, you can't do much. Being an medical assistant and refusing to do the duty because "its unethical" will not support them because abortion is acceptable.



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 


Sadly, if its legal and part of the job description, you can't do much. Being an medical assistant and refusing to do the duty because "its unethical" will not support them because abortion is acceptable.

Can I think out loud here...
Ok, I can understand working in that capacity. You knew it when you ‘joined’ so to speak, when you took the job. But at some point - where do you draw the line? Where?

‘Nurse, please cut that 6 month old babies spine for me I’m late for a gold game...’

‘Yes sir right away sir...’

So you do it? You just do it?

peace



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13
 


In a good day, the boss will tell you to do something else, on a bad day he will "let you go".... I do not think most lab assistant would do the work happily... but i can;t say for some... if they are used to doing such things...

My friend worked at a drug test lab.. he used to say how the "volunteers" that come be guinea pig made him feel disgusted to be there. Not the volunteers themselves, but what they go thru... he said some of them just drool, and groan and drop "dead"... etc under the drug effects... the way he was telling me this made me disgusted, but he had to do it in order to get credit for his bachelors(he didn't choose the job, the university placed him there).



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by HappyWarrior
 

Fear can be a powerful motivator.

That seriously boggles the mind, that words or the fear or repercussions from those words can cause someone to commit murder against a child (or anyone for that matter).

The only reason you are at all surprised is because the Milgram Experiment isn't taught to all people before they enter the "real world".

Of course there is an obvious reason why it isn't widely taught. Once someone understands it... it is orders of magnitude more difficult to get them to automatically follow directives from an authority.
edit on 20-3-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by silo13
 


In a good day, the boss will tell you to do something else, on a bad day he will "let you go".... I do not think most lab assistant would do the work happily... but i can;t say for some... if they are used to doing such things...

My friend worked at a drug test lab.. he used to say how the "volunteers" that come be guinea pig made him feel disgusted to be there. Not the volunteers themselves, but what they go thru... he said some of them just drool, and groan and drop "dead"... etc under the drug effects... the way he was telling me this made me disgusted, but he had to do it in order to get credit for his bachelors(he didn't choose the job, the university placed him there).


What kind of drug tests kill people at the lab? Where is this lab?



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky
 


i said drop "dead"... meaning instant unconsciousness. lol

Some drugs do that. you are sitting on wheel chairs, and a sec after the drug injection...you just fall lifeless.
edit on 3/20/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I find it no less disgusting to kill a baby inside the womb or outside the womb. Anyone who thinks there is a difference between the two is fooling themselves.



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I would think the personal ethics of an employee would step in long before they were asked to snip babies.

Pro Life/Pro Choice was decided already. Talking to clients, same decision had to be made again. Then again on a given morning when going to work may have felt more challenging.

These employees made moral and ethical decisions long before having the pleasure of viewing miniature helpless dying people and ending the lives placed in their care. Job duty or not.

I'm pro-choice. I'd work at a clinic. You couldn't get me to do this work. No only would would a boss NOT find the work complete, but recieve a considerable amount of Verbal abuse on my way out the door. I will not play Igor to your Dr. Frankenstein.



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13
 


Your story isn't there when i click (i get that yahoo "Oops, the page you requested..." message).

So when you say "6 months old", are you referring to a fetal state, or a live birth state?



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 

I fixed that link twice - let me do it again.
And the baby you're asking about was 6 months.
Be right back let me go fix that again.

Seems fixed for me???

peace
edit on 20-3-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I'm pro-choice. I'd work at a clinic. You couldn't get me to do this work. No only would would a boss NOT find the work complete, but recieve a considerable amount of Verbal abuse on my way out the door. I will not play Igor to your Dr. Frankenstein.


You are contradicting yourself a little. In many cases of late abortion, children are legally being stabbed with scissors in utero, or their necks are snapped just before the rest of the body comes out. That is legal late abortion for you. Read up.

I am pro-choice as well but let's not kid ourselves. Not every abortion is a lump of cells of a 4 week gestational embryo.

I could never work at such a clinic and if i was in power 12 weeks would be the legal limit.



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 

I fixed that link twice - let me do it again.
And the baby you're asking about was 6 months ‘fetal’ (‘pink’ and ‘viable’ said the worker) - another killed to term in a toilet by the worker.

Be right back let me go fix that again.

peace

edit on 20-3-2013 by silo13 because: link fix?



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi
 


I find it no less disgusting to kill a baby inside the womb or outside the womb. Anyone who thinks there is a difference between the two is fooling themselves.

Thank you for your opinion. I might not agree but in saying that? I'm trying steer the thread in another direction - focusing on what people will do, or not do in the name of surrendering to authority figures regardless of our own moral standards.

peace



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I'm pro-choice. I'd work at a clinic. You couldn't get me to do this work. No only would would a boss NOT find the work complete, but recieve a considerable amount of Verbal abuse on my way out the door. I will not play Igor to your Dr. Frankenstein.


You are contradicting yourself a little. In many cases of late abortion, children are legally being stabbed with scissors in utero, or their necks are snapped just before the rest of the body comes out. That is legal late abortion for you. Read up.

I am pro-choice as well but let's not kid ourselves. Not every abortion is a lump of cells of a 4 week gestational embryo.

I could never work at such a clinic and if i was in power 12 weeks would be the legal limit.


"Pro-Choice"

I always shake my head when I hear it because what I hear is; 'I had unprotected sex, now I'm pregnant and want to use abortion as birth control because I don't want to live with the concequences of my actions.'

You had a choice, you made your choice, now live with it.

Don't get me wrong... of course there are exceptions but for the most part, abortion is used for birth control.

...and why twelve weeks?

Why would life be any less valued during the initial twelve weeks?

I'm not trying to pick on you.... these are general questions I find myself asking when the topic is brought up.



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by jjkenobi
 


I find it no less disgusting to kill a baby inside the womb or outside the womb. Anyone who thinks there is a difference between the two is fooling themselves.

Thank you for your opinion. I might not agree but in saying that? I'm trying steer the thread in another direction - focusing on what people will do, or not do in the name of surrendering to authority figures regardless of our own moral standards.

peace



All you have to do is look at the attrocities commited by 'normal' people during WWII under the Nazi regime. Most were just 'doing their jobs' as they hearded thousands of Jews into the gas chambers.



posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

what I hear is; 'I had unprotected sex, now I'm pregnant and want to use abortion as birth control because I don't want to live with the concequences of my actions.'


I hear the same but as a woman i feel other women should have a choice not to go through with their pregnancy. Men walk away from their 'consequences' all the time so as a woman i believe we should get a choice too. Ours comes with a very high price indeed.


Originally posted by Blarneystoner
...and why twelve weeks?
Why would life be any less valued during the initial twelve weeks?


Because this is a matter of life and death, society should and must impose rules and regulations. I personally choose 12 weeks because that is enough time for a woman to decide on her destiny but also because early abortions don't involve such practices as mentioned in OP.

If i was in charge there would be many more regulations. Luckily i am not



..and i understand you are just voicing your opinion. Nothing wrong with that.





new topics

top topics



 
23
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join