Tremors a mystery in South Jersey

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Tremors a mystery in South Jersey

www.nbc40.net

"Just after 3 o'clock Tuesday afternoon residents in Atlantic, Cape May, and Cumberland counties say they felt multiple earthquake-like tremors that rattled their homes and offices..."

"…Atlantic county emergency management officials confirmed with the U.S. Geological Survey that it was not an earthquake."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think this story is rather weird. Not an earthquake. Not a sonic boom. A local military base is looking to see if they had any drills on the ground.. But, apparently, even if they were having drills on the ground - it shouldn't be causing this phenomenon.

If I were a resident in South 'Jersey - I would definitely want to know what the cause is.

What do you all think it could cause this? Any logical explanations - that I'm not seeing?

www.nbc40.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-3-2013 by nerdyclutzyblonde because: Forgot a word.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If the ground is shaking or vibrating why isn't USGS equipment picking up on it? In yellowstone if bison run or the wind howls it can affect this equipment. Must not be from the ground then? From overhead it would seem.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
If the ground is shaking or vibrating why isn't USGS equipment picking up on it? In yellowstone if bison run or the wind howls it can affect this equipment. Must not be from the ground then? From overhead it would seem.

Good point DianeC. I have no idea how earthquake monitoring works. But what you said makes sense. If it's from above & it's not "sonic booms"...what could it be?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

Maybe high density infra sounds by upper atmospheric lightning or powerful surf? A strange phenomenon (to me) was hearing loud thunderous lightning before it snowed last week. I've never heard thunder before snow (other side of the Country). Some people reported lightning as well but I didn't see that. There has just been a big storm in Jersey. Maybe it's related?
Again, USGS should have picked up on it though - unless just below their radar. How did animals behave? Interesting.

new topics

join