It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bond crash dead ahead: tick, tick ... boom! Commentary: ‘Investors have no idea what’s about to

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang

People who scream "Let It Crash" scare the hell out of me, they obviously have no idea the work and long term commitment it takes to save for retirement. They are just looking for a fast reset of the game.

You have more in common with people like that then you are willing to admit.
You are looking out for yourself and what you have gained, and they are looking out for themselves as well so that they have a chance in a reset.

The game is rigged now so why should they care?
edit on 20-3-2013 by jacobe001 because: Misquote

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a little over a month ago, an investor bet 12 million that the markets will crash
in about 60 days or so. thats quite a gamble without inside info...
edit on 20-3-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If the bond market crashes be sure to blame corporate America.

We can see your middle finger
with your record cash surpluses
and your failure to invest in American municipalities.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The government will to everything it needs to do in order to prevent a crash as happened in the late 1920's. There won't be a depression, just high inflation.

After Ronald Reagan's policies in the early 80's, the market has gone from fluctuating between 700 and 1000 to where it is today. Wise people with as little as 100k or more to invest back then, are todays multi-millionaires and billionaires.

There won't be a crash but there will be stagnation or no trend in the market.

Which is better?

One would produce a profit on short sales and the other would cause gradual decline in invested capital from market whipsaw.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
reply to post by Xtrozero

Could not agree more X, the folks who will be hurt the most are you and I, middle class people who have spent whole careers saving and investing in our 401ks etc, and in a split second it could all be gone.

I have played by the rules, raised a family, saved when I could and most importantly tried to spend my money wisely, which meant telling those I love on many occasions NO, I cant afford to buy you that.

People who scream "Let It Crash" scare the hell out of me, they obviously have no idea the work and long term commitment it takes to save for retirement. They are just looking for a fast reset of the game.

I personally do not want to live off the governments largess, I planned for my old age, and I want to enjoy the fruits of my labor, it's not a fortune, but I am proud of it, it says something about me (and my wife) and others like us who take life seriously.

I agree 100%

When I was in my 20s I ate mac and cheese and had plywood furniture, drove an old car with just lyability and lived in an appartment somewhere for 10 plus years, then I was able to rent a house after that. I bought my first house at age 43.

I had zero savings until age 39 too, but I worked hard the whole time always improving my standard of living a little at a time. At age 52 I'm doing really well. 30 years of always improving myself and staying focused the whole time finally paid off.

So now young people complain about everything because they can get it right now and dream of some kind of Xbox game reset instead of a true fix due to what I view as a very narcissistic attitude.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
The game is rigged now so why should they care?

How does the game at their point in life even effect them? The game is as it has always been, but their problem is they are unwilling to even play it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join