It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire Facials??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Saw this on Popsci and it was one of those shakes head moments.

Vampire facials is a new way of treating aging...apparently.

A "blood facial" or "vampire facial" is a cosmetic procedure during which a doctor draws a couple vials of blood from your arm, centrifuges the blood to separate out the plasma and platelets from the red blood cells, and then adds the platelet-rich plasma back into your face. For extra absorption, the doctor pokes your face all over with a bunch of micro-needles before applying the plasma

I'm not going to post the picture because it's Kim Kardashian and she annoys me.

I find this very sad that some women feel that they need to go to this length to stop wrinkles or any length for that matter.

Now, being a bloke, I don't have a problem with growing old. It's something we all have to go through and it's part of life. I have far more respect for a woman who ages gracefully than a woman who plasters her face in synthetic chemicals but blood!?

Please, all you women out there who are conditioned to think you shouldn't have wrinkles, don't waste your money, your time and possibly your health treating something that will happen eventually whether you like it or not.
Obviously that's my opinion and it's entirely up to you what you do with you body.

What I find startling is this:

There's no evidence at all that this gory procedure works, and only the babiest starting evidence that injecting platelets into the skin works at all against the appearance of aging.

Whether that collagen growth really happens and helps, "nobody really knows," Patricia Farris, a cosmetic dermatologist with a practice in Louisiana, tells Popular Science. "I just think that it's a procedure you don't know all that much about. I think we need good studies to see if this is an appropriate use for this material."

What say you ATS?
Are you for or against wrinkles?

Link with further information: Popsci

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It is a shame people think they have to go through that sort of pain to look young, its even worse when it's not even proven to work and I bet it costs a fortune.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Vampire facials...... really?

This quite frankly sounds disgusting and unfortunately this will no doubt make someone lots and lots of money. people can be so stupid!

p.s thanks for not posting Kim Kardashian, damn I hate that women

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

pic please.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
reply to post by SilentE

pic please.

No chance.

Visit the link in the OP.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Sad isn't it what people with money will do for the sake of vanity, just look at a couple of these corkers :

EDIT to add : WARNING GRAPHIC PICS FOR THE SLIGHT HEARTED

Before :

After :

And extra image added by request of OP :

I mean seriously, when they, (apart from MJ) get to a ripe old age how are they going to keep their faces from sliding down to the navel... more surgery and injections?

Methinks that it's nice to have my wrinkles and slowly changing colour of hair!

Age with Grace i say!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 20-3-2013 by Rodinus because: phrase added

edit on 20-3-2013 by Rodinus because: image added

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I saw that kim K video on our local news the other night...it is really gross..I just don't know what people are thinking. When I see things like that I really do think that people have gone mad..now that will be all the rage because some hollywood attention wh*re did it. I don't have medical experience, but it seems to me that it could lead to all kinds of problems..the doctor that did hers said the blood platelets will get under her skin and make new collagen..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Whoa there Rodinus!

Where's the *Warning: Graphic images some may find disturbing* sign.

People go to extremes...trouble is, they look in the mirror and think they look great!

One missing off your list is Stallone's ol' doris!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

As awful as it sounds...it's not something new.
Read about Elizabeth Bathory.She used to take baths in virgin's blood to stay young forever.Of course she was mad and she enjoyed torturing and killing.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

There you go Silent, post has been edited

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Thank goodness this thread isn't what I thought it was....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Gazrok!
You dirty man!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Actually i think i had the same idea as you Gazrok when i let everything go and jumped quickly to open this thread up in eager anticipation!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Actually i think i had the same idea as you Gazrok when i let everything go and jumped quickly to open this thread up in eager anticipation!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I'm sorry I let you guys down.. The title is misleading I know..

Maybe that's why I didn't get any flags!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Yes you did get a flag... Just now

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I just heard this on the radio about two women that are "popular" in Argentina, only they called it the "blender" treatment.

One of the men reporting said maybe that's the reason these two women didn't think properly (their behavior is just... awful. I'm pretty sure your intelligence drops around them), because the blood didn't reach their brain

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Remember Countess Bathory...who bathed in the blood of young virgins...

The exact number of young women tortured and killed by Elizabeth Báthory is unknown, though it is often speculated to be as high as 650, between the years 1585 and 1610

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join