It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea blamed for hacking today in South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

North Korea blamed for hacking today in South Korea

Link

SEOUL -- South Korean police were investigating a hacking attack on an Internet provider that brought down the servers of three broadcasters and two major banks on Wednesday, and the army raised its alert level due to concerns of North Korean involvement.
The network provided by LG UPlus Corp. showed a page that said it had been hacked by a group calling itself the "Whois Team," an unknown group. It featured three skulls and a warning that this was the beginning of "Our Movement."
Servers at television networks YTN, MBC and KBS were affected as well as Shinhan Bank and NongHyup Bank, bot
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-3-2013 by Upyerheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
What do you all think about this? Instant North Korean involvement...ATM's went down as well as internet services etc. The live news i'm watching (In Asia) is showing the stock market screens all showing Microsoft "boot device not found" errors. I guess the operating system is booted/loading via the internet as you wouldn't get boot errors from lack of internet on a normal standalone system. Very interesting that this happens the same week as the Cyprus FUBAR as well as the JP Morgan $0 account balance "technical glitch". Wondering if these were all part of a bigger plan...

Link
edit on 20-3-2013 by Upyerheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

edit on 20-3-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: Fixed above

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Thanks! Just went through the original post and edited it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think if it is proven it was N. Korea that it is an open declaration of war. I have not really had a bad feeling about this situation until today. One US nuclear sub could wipe N. Korea off the map in less than 30 minutes. I almost feel like it is what they are asking for. What are they asking for? It seems so convoluted as to be almost logic defying. Whereas I can almost believe Iran is using Nuclear power for peaceful energy purposes (albeit they also have plans for weapons) N. Korea is giving no such illusion. Their only concern is weapons. I am not sure what to think but feel it is a very dangerous turn of events. Hypothetically I wonder what a drone attack vs Kim Jong would achieve. If the rest of N. Koreas military would be willing to risk being erased from the map. With the news of chemical weapons either being used or deployed in Syria I believe we have entered a dangerous phase of world history.
edit on 20-3-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I'll go with...US involvement.

It makes sense. They are stationed in South Korea as their ally; definitely have access to their computer networks; So why not?

With all the tension building lately between the 3, why not stoke the fire a little and make it look like a cyber attack from NK?

Just throwing that out there as a plausible theory!

This is a conspiracy site right?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Eh north Koreans? I thought they were still using windows 98?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Chinese..

Chinese are ready for conflict.

US is handicapped with debt and its people are on the edge of revolt.

China, setup a few pc's in a north korean centre, jumped in, caused some chaos and jumped out.

Just like the islands.. think about this.. How bold is it for North Korea to strike an island with artillery? in broad daylight?

China is using North Korea as a proxy to kick this shindig off. It appears the US and South Korea are willing to take a few blows hoping they can avoid this trap...

eventually someones going to do something FORCING the US and South Korea to act... if they dont, they'll appear weak and toothless... which is almost as bad as defeat.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
Eh north Koreans? I thought they were still using windows 98?

Actually, I'm pretty sure everyone there runs Windows ME, which pretty much explains everything wrong with the country today.

As for whether the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) is responsible for the "Whois Team" trouble in the Republic of Korea (RoK), that's subject to speculation. However, the timing and targets are noteworthy, and though the people of North Korea are largely cut off from the Internet, the government most definitely is not.

There is probably a fair amount of "cross-pollination" between North Korea and China in some aspects of cyber-warfare, but their relationship is complex and asymmetric. This may be part of a proxy war, as Agit8dChop suggests, but it may also be unilateral, because just as Israel doesn't always do what the U.S. wants, similar issues exist between Beijing and Pyongyang.

Heck, for all we know, this may just be an elaborate ruse to draw attention away from North Korea's true objective: to gain exclusive access to the extended theatrical remix of "Gangnam Style".

edit on 3/20/2013 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Heck, for all we know, this may just be an elaborate ruse to draw attention away from North Korea's true objective: to gain exclusive access to the extended theatrical remix of "Gangnam Style".

So that's what Dennis Rodman was doing meeting with Mr Unnnn. It makes so much sense now. They saw his acting in "The Minis" and were trying to convince him to be the front man for the new Pyongyang Shake music video. All is now clear.

top topics

join