Project Oz

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
When I was about 14 yrs old I had some typical teen-age problems and stayed at a youth house called Project Oz...It was located in Carlsbad, Calif. I stayed there for approximately 2 weeks, it was an old two story victorian house. The people who ran the place were really awesome they really seemed to go to bat for me. They taught us self hypnosis, had group therapy with the kids and also family therapy, they gave us coping skills...ect they also let us smoke cigarettes...lol...(things were different in the 70's)....Now skip to the present....you all can imagine what goes through my mind when I investigate all the military secret projects and stuff...It always makes me feel like I dont know whether to cry or laugh...So please if theres anyone that can contribute some personal insight or personal encounter like the one I have briefly described please share, this place is still around after all thesewww.superpages.com... years
edit on (3/20/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)
Oceanside is the beach town right next to Carlsbad...I noticed that it is now affiliated with the YMCA...It was a non profit thing back then too but I dont rememeber if it was affiliated with the Ymca then or not....
edit on (3/20/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Can you elaborate on the self-hypnosis? I kinda saw a red flag there....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykey057420

for when you cant sleep or anxious or having a bad trip...breathing move body parts flex and relax...visualize slowly going down an elevator starting at 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...elevator door slides open and enter new realm....It was taught to me by a marine that came from camp pendleton he was a volunteer..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Oh, I see. A common breathing exercise... Apologies the word hypnosis always brings negative thoughts to mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

have you had a bad experience with hypnosis?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

No, not personally. I'm not even sure it works.... It's just all those de-classified MKultra programs start off with hypnosis and drugs... From what I do know, if it does work. It's some very potent voodoo. And I wouldn't trust anyone to put me under.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

yes...I understand

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u

Well what else other than mind control experiments do you suspect they were doing at this place? Why would you respond with a sarcastic tone to a completely legitimate question which is exactly on topic?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Well what else other than mind control experiments do you suspect they were doing at this place? Why would you respond with a sarcastic tone to a completely legitimate question which is exactly on topic?

I missed the sarcasm completely. I feel like a dunce, lol.
From Shells description I'd say they were working on positive behavior modification and control..... Not exactly mind control. Not far from it, but certainly no nefarious intent.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

that wasnt sarcasm geesh..I was being sincere.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

you are out of line.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

you are out of line.

lol ok if it wasn't sarcasm then fine. But it seemed like it to me. Anyway I still fail to see what you are getting at... what exactly do you think they were doing if not mind control experiments?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

yes thats evident...I was just opening this thread to share my personal experience and to offer the same to others who might have gone through something like I did...sorta like a safe place to talk about it anonymously....In hopes that by sharing it would help with the fear or simply validate.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Some advice then. Leave the emoticons for the one that you really know what they're for.

Like a smiley face or a sad face. You know. Because the "Rolling eyes" emoticon, right after a question, implies a sarcastic tone.

Like.

"I think you really got the hang of the internet!
"

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

thank you I will pay more attention to that....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Sometimes it's hard to really know if someone is being sarcastic or not, especially on the internet. My brother in law has Asberger's Syndrome, and has a very difficult time when trying to figure out if someone is being sarcastic. He often has to ask. But as I stated, it's much harder to tell with the written word (or typed word, as it were.)

I don't think anyone meant any harm. Just a simple misunderstanding.

new topics
top topics

join