It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todd Snider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If you don't know about him and never heard of him,well,if you are reading this post,you do now.

But first,we gotta make a beer run.Just because Chuck Norris shaved off his beard.So we need a beer.

Now,before you think that was stupid,and I know you did,there is more.
So..................................after a few beers.....

,well,we gotta bitch about those folks who tell us about all those numbers they keep pushing on us....

Then there are those crazy kids,

Well it can be explained here....

If you have hung on this long,god bless you,for real, cause I'm going to throw some Christianity your way,so duck....
Well,a bit twisted at best......

So after all that,well,I got fired.

So this is were I stand so far..........

If that didn't bring a smile to your face,that's ok because it made me smile.

Peace,
K
edit on 20-3-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
good music, but I feel this would be better suited for another era. reminds me of Bob Dylan
now if he were rapping with nicky minaj and lady gaga I'd be impressed. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Isnt he the son of Dee Snider of TWISTED SISTER? Ive seen him before on a show about kids of famous musicians....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
good music, but I feel this would be better suited for another era. reminds me of Bob Dylan
now if he were rapping with nicky minaj and lady gaga I'd be impressed. lol

No,man,he is the speaking on what our current situation is now with some humor thrown in.
No need for all that flash.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Isnt he the son of Dee Snider of TWISTED SISTER? Ive seen him before on a show about kids of famous musicians....

No,Todd is just some kid who ran away from home and made it on his own.

Singer-songwriter Todd Snider was born October 11, 1966, in Portland, Ore., and lived there until his family moved to Houston.
When he was 15, he ran away from home with a friend and went back to Portland. After high school, he moved to Santa Rosa, Calif., to be a harmonica player.
Then his brother, who lived in Austin, Texas, bought him a ticket to move there. After seeing Jerry Jeff Walker in a local bar, Snider decided that he didn't need a band to be a musician.[3] After moving to Memphis in the mid-1980s and establishing residency at a club named the Daily Planet, he was discovered by Keith Sykes, a member of Jimmy Buffett's Coral Reefer Band.
A longtime acquaintance of John Prine and Walker, Sykes began to work with Snider to help advance his career. Prine hired him as an assistant and then invited him to open shows. In time, Buffett heard Snider's demo tapes and signed him to his own label.
On his music, Snider has said "I was just trying to come up with the best... most open hearted ... well-thought-out lyrics I could come up with. I wanted every song to be sad and funny at the same time, vulnerable and entertaining at the same time, personal and universal at the same time. I wanted every song to be as uniquely written as possible and then I wanted to perform them in a studio loose and rugged and hopefully as uniquely as I could. My hope is to be hard to describe and/or new…I'm not saying I am. I'm just saying that's the hope."[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

I first saw him many years ago opening for Sheryl Crow in a bar before she made it big.He was wearing a cat in the hat,hat.
Always funny,but with a message.

top topics

join