It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Tzu, How Those Who Wish to Opress us Fight, and What To Do About it. (Weapons Legislation)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I intend this piece to be a very broad assessment of tactics in political, and class warfare metaphorically with Sun Tzu's the art of war. I encourage civil, and respectful on topic debate from others; Especially from those of you who may have a better understanding or point of view, as my experience with this topic is very limited.
(Mainly U.S. as examples, but other governments may have influence as well)

This is how I see it.
The Politicians and Political groups that wish to limit and attack our Civil Liberties are like water. Since the attacks come from high places...

Sun Tzu: "Military tactics are like unto water, for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens downwards. So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak. Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing. Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions. He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent and thereby succeed in winning, may be called a heaven-born captain."

So then I came across this Gem:

“Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain.”

Sounds to me like this is how Gen. (cough) Sen. Feinstein lost the assault weapons ban.
But,
The water is still there. Flowing all around us looking for any weakness. So, lets do this:

One night Han Hsin sent troops upstream with 10,000 sand bags, ordering them to dam the river.

This, using an example, can be done by voting all who supported this measure out of office.
Then this Happened:

Then, with the water then reduced to a trickle, Han Hsin attacked across the river, engaged the enemy, then retreated as if he had been beaten.

Maybe this can be the equivalent to attempt legislation to deregulate all weapons laws completely, sort of throwing all the pasta at the fridge to see what sticks. Then retreating when it doesn't happen, but by doing that keeps the issue at the forefront, for this...

Lung Chü, confirmed in his belief that Han Hsin was a coward, counterattacked, crossing the trickle and coming up on the Han side of the river with part of his army.

They moved in for the kill, throwing all their pasta at the fridge
to see what sticks. When suddenly...

Then Han Hsin ordered the dam broken, and the water level suddenly rose dramatically, cutting off the vanguard of Lung Chü's army from the main body on the far side of the river. Then Han Hsin attacked the portion of the army isolated on his side of the river, defeating it badly and killing Lung Chü.

That last part can probably be seen in many different ways. The rest of the piece as well.
Here's my take...
The breaking of the dam is the equivalent of all the anti-gun radicals with their behind the scenes dirty antics, (false flags maybe) being so "in our faces" and obvious that it cannot be ignored. And while the topic is still fresh and didn't come from out of nowhere, it is scrutinized and dissected for all the world to see. Therefore, crushing, alienating, and imprisoning all who were involved while making sure that their kind never see power again. Kinda fun to ponder.
I thought about fusing elemental magick in there, but maybe for another thread.
What do you think?

edit on 19-3-2013 by AnimositisominA because: ftw

edit on 19-3-2013 by AnimositisominA because: oopsie poopsie

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
I intend this piece to be a very broad assessment of tactics in political, and class warfare metaphorically with Sun Tzu's the art of war. I encourage civil, and respectful on topic debate from others; Especially from those of you who may have a better understanding or point of view, as my experience with this topic is very limited.
(Mainly U.S. as examples, but other governments may have influence as well)

This is how I see it.
The Politicians and Political groups that wish to limit and attack our Civil Liberties are like water. Since the attacks come from high places...

Sun Tzu: "Military tactics are like unto water, for water in its natural course runs away from high places and hastens downwards. So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak. Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing. Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions. He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent and thereby succeed in winning, may be called a heaven-born captain."

So then I came across this Gem:

“Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain.”

Sounds to me like this is how Gen. (cough) Sen. Feinstein lost the assault weapons ban.
But,
The water is still there. Flowing all around us looking for any weakness. So, lets do this:

One night Han Hsin sent troops upstream with 10,000 sand bags, ordering them to dam the river.

This, using an example, can be done by voting all who supported this measure out of office.
Then this Happened:

Then, with the water then reduced to a trickle, Han Hsin attacked across the river, engaged the enemy, then retreated as if he had been beaten.

Maybe this can be the equivalent to attempt legislation to deregulate all weapons laws completely, sort of throwing all the pasta at the fridge to see what sticks. Then retreating when it doesn't happen, but by doing that keeps the issue at the forefront, for this...

Lung Chü, confirmed in his belief that Han Hsin was a coward, counterattacked, crossing the trickle and coming up on the Han side of the river with part of his army.

They moved in for the kill, throwing all their pasta at the fridge
to see what sticks. When suddenly...

Then Han Hsin ordered the dam broken, and the water level suddenly rose dramatically, cutting off the vanguard of Lung Chü's army from the main body on the far side of the river. Then Han Hsin attacked the portion of the army isolated on his side of the river, defeating it badly and killing Lung Chü.

That last part can probably be seen in many different ways. The rest of the piece as well.
Here's my take...
The breaking of the dam is the equivalent of all the anti-gun radicals with their behind the scenes dirty antics, (false flags maybe) being so "in our faces" and obvious that it cannot be ignored. And while the topic is still fresh and didn't come from out of nowhere, it is scrutinized and dissected for all the world to see. Therefore, crushing, alienating, and imprisoning all who were involved while making sure that their kind never see power again. Kinda fun to ponder.
I thought about fusing elemental magick in there, but maybe for another thread.
What do you think?

edit on 19-3-2013 by AnimositisominA because: ftw

edit on 19-3-2013 by AnimositisominA because: oopsie poopsie

Again?
Again this namecalling against people carrying attack rifles (AR) in public?

Could you remind me, what is the exact purpose of those rifles? Shoot someone in your home? With a semi-automatic rifle, which is about 3 feet long and as such quite difficult in closed spaces to handle?
Or to shoot on the street?
Soooo, you decide its time for a visit to your wal-fart (or whatever) and you pick up the rifle, put it in the car, drive over, get out, strap the 3 feet, 3kg heavy rifle on your back (just in case), then you pick up the kids from the backseats and walk over to pick up a shopping cart - then, there is a shot!

You stay calm, the kids are on the ground, you draw the rifle and prepare to gun the shooter down!

*upps*, another citizen sees you handling your rifle - and he has heard a shot. Maybe you shot? He decides to take no chances and shoots at you.

*ouch*, where did that come from? AH! There is the bad guy! Open fire!

Seconds later, the parking space of wal-fart looks like a warzone.

Okay, I may be exaggerating, but how much? Is it safe for the public if citizens are entitled to shoot first, ask later? Because that seems to be the point of carrying rifles in public space.. Or is it?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

What does that have to do with Sun Tzu?
edit on 20-3-2013 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

new topics

join