It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam/Eve Jesus and the tree of knowledge of good and Evil

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

Mind altering substances can and do provide a conduit to "seeing" the unity of which you speak. When their effects wear off, the knowledge may be retained. Of course their effects don't provide a permanent state of awareness, but neither does "love," as you have pointed out.

The OP asserts that God IS love. I say that God is more than that, as God is everything. The OP is unable to "define" love, but says the he knows it when he sees or feels it. But depravity also comes from aberrated love, and "unity" can't be found through depravity.

Love is powerful and is expressed in good and evil.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by mideast

Either "God" exists in full Biblical capacity, or free will does. Not both.

Our action is limited to the choices we can make , we can not do whatever we want but we can will anything.
edit on 25-3-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Our action is limited to the choices we can make , we can not do whatever we want but we can will anything.

Our actions are unlimited so long as the future is undetermined. If the future is undetermined, then the future is unknowable. Predictable, yes, but unknowable. If there is a deity who is intimately acquainted with every single action and every single inch of space and every single thought and every single thing that has ever existed physically or in the realm of consciousness, from the first instant of the universe to the very last, and possesses complete and utter control over all of these things, and has an agenda or goal it wishes to see fulfilled, then free will is as good as dead. We cannot trust a human personality with that kind of power.
edit on 25-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Mind altering substances can and do provide a conduit to "seeing" the unity of which you speak. When their effects wear off, the knowledge may be retained. Of course their effects don't provide a permanent state of awareness, but neither does "love," as you have pointed out.
I don't look at love in the same way you are describing because ultimately it transcends good and evil, conventional love vs. hate, etc.

When self-transcending Love is recognized as the inherent (prior) unity that we all arise in, then it can be equated with God or Reality or Conscious Light (whatever your preferred term is). This Love is always available in any moment of feeling recognition of our inherent non-separation. Certain substances may open the subtle (astral/feeling) heart to this recognition, but even any such gained knowledge (and certainly the feeling) fades into memory - at best.

One cannot truly love in this moment via a memory of an experience, it has to be now and now and now... So of course some people try to stay on such substances to sustain this feeling, but that obviously takes its toll, and often is very severe.

Originally posted by windword
The OP asserts that God IS love. I say that God is more than that, as God is everything. The OP is unable to "define" love, but says the he knows it when he sees or feels it. But depravity also comes from aberrated love, and "unity" can't be found through depravity.

Love is powerful and is expressed in good and evil.

This form of "love" is commonly assumed to be just the opposite of hate, but as explained above, this is not what I understand to be real Love. Real Love is the case when one transcends the moment to moment process of separation that we identify as ego.

This separation we are continuously doing is the act of contracting upon some point within and calling it "me". This inner "me" is an illusion and is only felt because we are separating in a gesture of unlove or non-feeling.

No one has ever seen such a "me" - because it is not an entity or thing, it is simply this moment to moment process of contracting the body-mind's feeling into unlove.

The only "me" that is identifiable and obvious is the whole body-mind, not some inward contracted point. And when we truly integrate as the whole body-mind, we realize our inherent relatedness with others - and real love awakens in each moment of such recognition. Drugs tend to dis-integrate the body-mind over time - even if at first they may feel good, integrative, etc.

If we simply notice what is in front of our noses each and every moment - i.e., a vast field of relatedness - and feel deeply into this most obvious condition, our feeling hearts will also open and we will notice this gesture of separation does not have to be animated by us. It is a moment to moment practice of heart intelligence/feeling that counters this constant gesture to contract inwardly. It is not a one-shot deal that people sometimes believe can be had with some weekend enlightenment seminar, a drug, or whatever.

This practice of love or feeling whole bodily (including the physical, emotional, mental, spiritual aspects) into our inherent unity moment to moment is what Jesus meant when he said to love God fully and others as oneself.
edit on 25-3-2013 by bb23108 because:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
The Bible is a trap..Religion is an even bigger trap.

Further more...The bible was not written by God..it is not the word of God...its the word of many of men. God does not use a pen and paper and if God wanted to communicate to us people God would perform a miracle like he did for Moses with the 10 commandments.

I have PERSONALLY seen irefutable and completely undeniable PROOF that this is a LIE.

This proof came directly from Heaven in the form of several supernatural encounters.

So here we have someone saying that if God wanted to communicate to us He would perform a miracle.

Not only have I experienced this, there are countless others who have ALSO experienced it as well.

Five minutes on Google makes this extremely obvious.

SO here's the thing: WHY would anyone say such a thing?

Deception, they have believed a LIE.

He IS right about ONE thing though: Religion IS a trap.

Not only is it a trap, it is a MASSIVE lie.

Be very VERY careful when ever someone attacks the Bible this way...

That is some extremely dangerous advice that would cause me to question anything else that person would have to say.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
God just said to himself let's pretend I am not God by pretending that I can be like God. Everything was completely perfect in Eden - it was paradise - it was boring and there was no fun or drama.
So God invented a word -'become'. I can 'become'. He then forgot that he already is everything and proceeded to 'become'.
I can 'become' like God.
The game is up when 'I am' (being) is realized.
Paradise is revealed.

link   
whoops
edit on 3-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

link   
whoops

link   
Oopps double post.

link   
whoops

link   
whoops

link   
whoops

link   
Whoops

link   
Whoops

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join