It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Anti-Gun people... you have your answer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
If you have been paying attention over the last few days you may have noticed the news regarding Cyprus and now New Zealand. There is now talk about Italy instituting a 15% "wealth tax" which is pretty much the same thing as deposit confiscation.

So, what does this have to do with guns?? Well, as of late, the question has been asked over and over again... "why does anyone need an AR-15?" or "why does anyone need a 30 round magazine?"

The answer is simple... it's because of reasons like these. The people in these countries losing their savings are at the mercy of the power establishment, and they have no way of stopping them. Here in America, we DO have a way of stopping it, and the power establishment here knows that. Now that doesn't mean that the Fed Gov won't try to do this wealth confiscation here in America, because they are very arrogant after all, but eventually a line in the sand will be drawn, for the final time, and then it will be time to make our founders proud, and I'll just leave it at that.

The other aspect to this is that this kind of deposit confiscation has a ripple effect throughout society, causing bank runs, riots, and many other potentially dangerous situations. This is the primary reason why I not only need, but own SEVERAL 30 round magazines. I pray that day never comes, but if it does I'll have the means of defending my property and my family.
edit on 19-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

Okay, what will you do with your rifle?

Fire at a bank?

Fire at your local townshall?

Fire at rioters outside the bank or townshall?

Do you really fear that rioters will come to your house - if there are so many stores to loot?
Do you really think that riots over 6.5% theft (nothing else to call it) will escalate into massive-blownout riots with hundreds of victims?

I wouldn't want to live there.

Besides: targeted were the russian oligarchs with they illegal money. The small people would have been excempted, but even that was blocked at the cypris parliament.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Why do people just automatically assume that a group of us civilians armed with AR15s is going to go head to head with tanks, drones, artillery, and any other assortment of fancy military weaponry? You forget that the United States still has a VAST wilderness to hide in and execute hit and run attacks on supply lines and other weak strikepoints.

Do people that suggest these idiocy not have any military training or at the very least military history training? We did beat a much larger force to gain our independence. Not to mention there are many other great examples of a small force fighting a much larger force. Off the top of my head I can think of this past war with the ME, Vietnam, Revolutionary War, and French freedom fighters during WWII.

If shtf, It's not like the government is going to roll out the big guns, stamp out the first uprising that happens and all conflict will be done. No there will be pockets of resistance, some organized, some not. They will pop up throughout the country and the government will have its hands full trying to suppress them. Just because I may die or a few of my friends die in the beginning doesn't mean that the rest of the populous is going to roll over. There are some things in my book that are scarier then dying and one of those things is what our government is on the road to become. I will gladly die to stand up to tyranny.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

good luck against drones .. tanks .. gunships and the myriad other methods uncle scam has of killing at a distance with your ar-15's ... most likely you wont even see what or who kills you..

Yet, the Afghan rebels (non-educated goat herders by most counts) are doing a fine job of racking up kills against the powerful, technologically superior US military machine. Armed with less than those AR15's that you are poo-pooing.
Good luck to those that think no arms at all are SO much better!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I wouldn't want to live there.

That's okay.
We have plenty more 'undocumented citizens' than we need already.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Im gonna have to agree there but they wont take the guns! That was for drawing attention to the "problem", Who cares if we NEED 30 rounds in a mag, I WANT 30 round mags and I am an AMERICAN pretty well my right. Nothing is gonna stop the crazies from killing innocent people. Go to the local hardware store and glance it doesnt take a few hundred dollars and youve got enough of something to knock a city block. They wont take the guns they will take the ammo as it has already began. Then whats the point of having a magazine that holds 30 or more rounds because before to long you wont be able to even use it. Haha might as well grab a Mathews compound and plenty of arrows then you can retrieve them.....solved. Well enless they are farther than 40 yards and have guns, then well be like the indians. SCREWED!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I get what you are saying and I don't really disagree for the most part. I did some time in the desert though and comparing how each force fights is rather difficult. We for the most, were limited in what we could do or how we could fight. If we were allowed to use our training and experience to the fullest, it wouldn't have been much of a war at all. When you have higher ups limiting how and what you can do while sitting behind a desk with little knowledge of how THIS war worked, victory isn't real. With that being said, I am glad to be out and actually doing something now to benefit the community by the decisions and choices I make with my own knowledge and skill set.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
good luck against drones .. tanks .. gunships and the myriad other methods uncle scam has of killing at a distance with your ar-15's ... most likely you wont even see what or who kills you..

Theres one very important way to avoid this; Gorrila warfare.

Obviously if you walk into a battle where your out-gunned, or out-manned, you'll be slaughtered. But if your smart and hide in the shadows and pick your moments right it will do much more damage.

Afghanistan and Vietnam are prime examples. They would wait to strike when it was unexpected, and usually hide behind innocent people to achieve their goals more effectively. Just being in the mind of a soldier in one of these wars would suck. Being paranoid all day long would drive you crazy.

Even our Revolutionary war was helped won by gorilla tactics. At the time armies would line up on a battle field across from on another, and the commander would wait to give the order to shoot. But the americans did not do this, they would hide in the woods and wait for the british to come by, then open fire. And they would also target the commanders to help throw off the troops. After all, they won't know what to do without a CO. This angered the British and they thought we were savages/cowards.

If you cannot beat someone with shear power, then you'll have to think smart, and come up with more crafty ways of winning.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If you've never been in the military or combat ,WE AREN'T BRAGGING,we aren't making it up or exaggerating when we tell you these things.We have training to win,no plans just win,Cav does it all the time. We organize what we can but adaptation is the American soldiers bread and butter.Agencies have rules and books that they train with an adhere to that is their achilles heel.
"By the Book" is all a manager understands it takes a leader with conviction and money doesn't get that when your buddies are getting cut down by head shots.
Normally we aren't aloud to go at it full tilt Bozo but if the worst should occur Ballroom Blitz will be called.Mine proof trucks and ANY aircraft not withstanding.
If they used Chems on us it would harm theirs as well ,the UN would flip out,Russia might help...us not them and the texas border would be too dangerous to cross.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Why waste perfectly good ammunition when all you need is a couple of matches and a can of gasoline ?

Picture the Fed Reserve up in smoke... yeah... that's what I'm talking about.

Save the ammo for more important things like furry four legged critters that taste yummy fried over on open fire after all the grocery stores have been looted...

... wasting good ammo on useless idiots, pfft.

Man, you Americans aren't too creative with your thought processes, are you ?

Jeez...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I wonder how Jesus would feel about this view of things haha..

all kidding aside though.. how exactly will guns and bullets prevent a confiscation of wealth?? because let's say it is "the authorities" trying to take your money/things.. you think they're going to just give up after you start shooting? even in the situation of martial law and such, shooting is just going to get you and most of the prepsters to the top of the "list" of who to deal with..

not that I believe any such thing will even come about, but yanno.. it's fun to play the paranoia game sometimes

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Expat888
good luck against drones .. tanks .. gunships and the myriad other methods uncle scam has of killing at a distance with your ar-15's .

A domestic rifle is still fully functional after a directed EMP burst.

Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The FED won't wealth confiscate in America. They have no need to. Devaluing the dollar is doing the job quite nicely as it is.

Nor will they try and take the guns, no matter how much people on here seem to want them to. They don't need to. The guns haven't slowed them down in their wealth transfer plans, yet alone stopped them in any way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join