Song I recorded yesterday.

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I named it Smoke Screens. It's low quality.

soundcloud.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

Wow, at first I was listening critically to this because I am a musician and have recorded since the '80s and I thought, "wow, that's really low quality", but then I kept listening and you know what, I think you have truly scored here! I listened past all my expectations and to the point that it got into my soul.

All I have to say is thanks for posting this. It's my new favorite song!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Thank, that really means a lot. I don't know the first thing about recording, I've just kind of been messing around.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Normally when someone posts a thread saying check out my new song, i think to myself oh damn here comes more sub standard techno beats.

This was really good, it just grows on you and it's so chillax.

Big ups

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Thanks. I wouldn't even know where to start in order to make a techno beat lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Also I'd like to add the other songs you have there are mint as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Thanks. I have some more songs I would like to record, but I'm not quite finished writing them.
edit on 19-3-2013 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
great stuff keep it up, you can only get better. I make a little music, but I don't play guitar so, I have less music theory, but some.

CX

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Really enjoyed that, nice one.

I could picture that being on a movie soundtrack, a Quentin Tarantino film of something.

CX.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Your music is awesome

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hahahahahahaa.

You know when I seen this at the top of Music, I laughed to myself and thought about all the bad poo poo that this could of been.

The first few chords had me believing myself and my pre judgement. Then the smoke screen happened and it kind of took on a little life of its own.

Fast forewords to the end, I really enjoyed the tune.

I wish I could bit torrent the file, that has to be some measure of success.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

reply to post by ImaFungi

Thanks guys. These kind of comments, are really motivating. thanks a lot.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'd like to make a suggestion: Make the vocal volume higher in relation to the accompaniment. Don't let the guitar drown you out. And if you need some echo, use an echo mike (the kind with a battery inside) or whatever. There are thousands of examples. Maybe an appropriate one is Wild Horses by the Stones. At least that demonstrates distance between the vocalist and the instruments, and there is some similarity. It's on YouTube, including one showing them rehearsing in a studio in Tokyo.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
I'd like to make a suggestion: Make the vocal volume higher in relation to the accompaniment. Don't let the guitar drown you out. And if you need some echo, use an echo mike (the kind with a battery inside) or whatever. There are thousands of examples. Maybe an appropriate one is Wild Horses by the Stones. At least that demonstrates distance between the vocalist and the instruments, and there is some similarity. It's on YouTube, including one showing them rehearsing in a studio in Tokyo.

Sorry, I'm not a professional in anyway... But thanks for the advice. This is just me having some fun recording myself. I don't have the slightest idea of what I'm doing...I can't afford echo mics, but once I can I will try and make use of them, Thanks for the Input.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have an idea. I know that if you're by yourself with an acoustic guitar and a mike singing and recording, especially if you use a pick, the guitar sound can tend to dominate unless you sing really loud. But here"s an idea that may help in that situation. It's always good to put a sock over a mike anyway, but if you roll up the sock's mate and stuff it into the sock that's covering the mike so that the rolled-up sock is between the mike and the guitar, it should make quite a difference, by absorbing the direct sound waves that are causing the problem. It should work just as well as the more expensive methods they use in studios. If you like the difference and want to increase the effect, add more socks (clean ones).

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You can record vocals in the bathroom too, if it is all tiled. That will give you some reverb from bouncing around off the hard surfaces.

new topics
top topics

join