It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressmen Demand DHS Explain 1.6 Billion Bullets Purchase

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
idiot congressmen, NOW they are starting to ask questions? why weren`t they asking questions when they approved the funds to buy all those bullets?

not one cent is spent by any government agency that isn`t first approved by congress.
This pretty much proves that congress has no idea what they are spending the tax payers money on, they just approve everything without even reading it and keep signing the blank checks.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The US produced 1.5 billion rounds per year during ww2, that is a dank load of ammo.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I stand corrected.......

DUM DUM bullets were OUTLAWED a full forty years BEFORE ww2, at the Hague Convention of 1899....
I beg pardon......
These bullets cause the largest possible wound channel in whatever flesh they penetrate...
The purpose is to kill more efficiently by facilitating the fleshy target to bleed out more voluminously, ...
massive blood loss being a major disabling factor.....
They obviously do this by causing far more catastrophic damage to the targets body, by means of expansion, even fragmentation....
Frangible rounds, are similarly of a particularly lethal variety.....though they do not "overpenetrate" their targets easily..they disintigrate into flesh destroying pieces....upon striking .
I fail to understand why what is prohibited in war against enemies of the state, is justified for use against the citizens of the state???

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by happykat39

And then let that sink in for a minute, explain to me why they need that much
I can only guess that during war time, there might be shortage of supplies due to several scenarios. Its good to have a stockpile ready to supply the troops. Ofcourse many folks think it will be used against the citizens. Does anyone know precisely the volume and calibre of bullets purchased thus far?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

What you said.

The only people prosecuted for war crimes are the people who lose the war. Obviously with the biggest military and growing domestic military (DHS) our leaders have no thoughts of ever losing a war, foreign or domestic. Ah, but where our leaders are wrong is that pride comes before the fall.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

oh FFS - not this crap again

the DHS has not bought 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition - they have negotiated fixed price contracts for upto 1.6 billion rounds over 5 years

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

do you realise that civilian LEOs are not bound by the geneva convention during peactime operations ?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Everybody knows the answer to this question. Everybody knows why nothing is being done about it. The waiting is almost over though.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

And then let that sink in for a minute, explain to me why they need that much

Because their sidearms are all bent, from their fat donut eat'n asses, sit'in on it all the time ?

Sounds like the order coming from somewhere said: Enough to kill the population of the US 3x over.
Napolitano is the ugliest human being on the planet. How she can allow herself to be seen is beyond my understanding.

edit on 20-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

YEP...They have an open order for upto the amount requested on an IQID order and i'd do some silly calculations which shows its not a daft number but its general good purchasing strategy to lock in suppliers to a fixed price contract especially if you think the price of the product will rise be it guns/bullets/milk/a4 paper whatever

theres roughly 70,000 people in DHS with guns needing to qualify every 3 months and then theres the replace any rounds not used every year once taken out of the box

Ok so 70,000 people shooting a lets say 50 rounds every 3 months to qualify = 3.5 million rounds a quarter which gives 14 million rounds a year just then theres another 3.5 million tops to replace rounds every year so we have 17.5 million rounds a year being used as a stand still amount which gives 87.5 million rounds needed just to cover the 5 year contract, now factor in warehousing at various levels and its easy to have a need for 5 times the amount just to have stock ready in the system which gives 437.5 million rounds which is roughly 1/4 of the total possible order so not as bad as it seems

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
How many rounds do cops expend now when they open fire with their sidearms? All of them?

Maybe thats their criteria...

Paranoid actions on the part of the New Gestapo. They been reading all the threads on ATS about zombie hoards and it has gone to their head.
edit on 20-3-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

That's enough bullets to take out 20% of the worlds population, if we use one bullet per person.
It's ridiculous. Numbers like that one would think more relevant to purchases made by one of the military branches.

DHS though?

The Obama Shadow Gov comment, I thought, however, was entirely unnecessary and misleading considering that DHS, Patriot Act, and many other issues people love to opine about are products brought to you by the W. Bush puppet.

edit on 19-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Well, Obama hasn't reversed them, so in my mind, he's 100% worse. Which given the idiocy and criminality of Bush, is hard to fathom.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Or the price of the raw material for bullets and ammo is expected to go up during crisis or within the next 5 years so lock in the price perhaps?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm concerned that butch Janet may have bought defective ammo. I suggest that we stand her up against a wall and find out. Make sure to use the hollow points, so we can be assured that the expansion rate is correct.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Maxatoria

Or the price of the raw material for bullets and ammo is expected to go up during crisis or within the next 5 years so lock in the price perhaps?

locking in prices is an essential part of anyone in the purchasing business so you can be sure you have atleast the price sorted as it could go up to $1000 a round due to scarcity but you'll still be paying 20c a round while the supplier weeps at having to supply them at the contracted price and given most things prices never drop so its a win/win situation for the DHS

The real check is to see the other contracts the DHS signs and if they greatly vary from the same pattern as the ammo one, if its pretty much the DHS doing it from pens to bomb disposal gear then theres nothing unusual as its just the same people ordering stuff and they dont care if its guns/ammo or paperclips but they like to sort things out so they can sit back and only have to worry about things once every 5 years
edit on 20-3-2013 by Maxatoria because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Does it really matter which president stated this whole thing, is that going to make you less vulnerable?

I understand party politics has it place, but this topic isn't it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Good to see Luke Rudowski (of We Are Change) actually give a relevant, useful interview. I feel like it's been a while for him in that department

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

WEll... at least this brings more focus to the msm crowd mentality. They cried that we are fear mongers, disinfo agents, and flat out liars, now this brings a measure of credibility to the truth movements and so called conspiracy nuts.

Seems Congress to some degree is as impotent as the rest of the population any more. I hope when the all out assault happens people remember the individuals up in Washington who have done what they can to shed light on this most dark hour in our shared history.

Perhaps a compiled list is in order of those who deserve to be free from responsibility?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Ha, you must be talking about those LA cops who discharged about 120 rounds into a truck containing 2 ladies with newspapers. So, 6 policemen (I think that was the count) manage to get off about 20 rounds apiece with 0 kill shots.
So, I guess the answer is really "as many as it takes", which very well could be "All of them" Perhaps DHS is planning to up their practice sessions so they are a cut above the ordinary LA cop type shooter.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

oh FFS - not this crap again

the DHS has not bought 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition - they have negotiated fixed price contracts for upto 1.6 billion rounds over 5 years

Source???

Anyways that still puts 1.6bil rounds of outlawed ammo in their hands within 5 years... Still something to be concerned about is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join