It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressmen Demand DHS Explain 1.6 Billion Bullets Purchase

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It looks like some of our congressmen are uncomfortable with all those bullets in the hands of a rogue agency.

Hopefully, they will actually do something and then extend their inquiry to other agencies that have made similarly large ammo purchases with even less need for them.

In the video they also mention the armored vehicles that are not appropriate for use by a civilian agency in a civilian setting.

In fact, I hope they are also going to look into much more of the actions of the Obama shadow government before they pull off a coup.

SOURCE

Congressman Leonard Lance (R-NJ) has come out and demanded that Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano explain why the Department of Homeland Security has been engaging in huge amounts of purchases of ammunition over the past year.

Rep. Lance has called on Congress to get involved in ascertaining DHS’ stockpiling of ammunition which is enough to wage a 20 year plus war, which has most certainly caused a shortage in the public market.

Lance said the he was “concerned” and that he wanted to make sure that Americans continued to live in a country that was based upon freedom and individual rights. He also hoped that DHS would step forward and answer the question candidly.

When asked why DHS needs the type of armament that they do against the American people, the Kansas congressman said, “The have no answer for the question. They refuse to answer that. I’ve got a list of questions of various agencies about multiple things. Far from being the most transparent administration in the world, they are the most closed natured, opaque and they refuse to let us know what’s going on there. So I don’t have answers for that. Multiple members of Congress are asking those questions.”

edit on 19-3-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
the DHS version of Fast And Furious: Slow and Sloppy.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hmm. That DOES seem like an awful lot of bullets. These days if a citizen buys a perceived abnormally large quantity of ammunition, he's likely to be investigated as a terrorist.

The real bummer here is that the feds are no longer accountable to congress (The People). That part of our government has been rendered largely powerless.

ETA I find it curious that as the government works to disarm the public through anti-gun legislation, they simultaneously arm and armor themselves to the teeth.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I bet when you get right down to it somebody has investments in a bullet company, and this is all about getting that fancy island retreat for some dbag

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

want to be even more concerned?

Google the amount of ammunition theyve bought compared to how much ammunition is used in a year in our middle east conflict.......

Then watch your jaw drop as you realize how much more their purchase is then what we spend in a war zone.......

And then let that sink in for a minute, explain to me why they need that much

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I bet when you get right down to it somebody has investments in a bullet company, and this is all about getting that fancy island retreat for some dbag

Yeah, I bet your right, I bet somebody has an investment in a bullet company, I bet that's why DHS has bought 1.8 billion bullets, a ton of which are armor piercing and probably why they purchased thousands of heavily armored mine sweeper / tanks and over 7 thousand fully automatic weapons. All for domestic distribution and use. I'm sure your right, somebody has got an investment, that's why.........

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind hearing Janet on the hot seat with questions she doesn't like answering..but I'm afraid the answers will likely turn out pretty boring. DHS includes the entire U.S. Coast Guard, all divisions of customs/border enforcement, the secret service and others. Some of those burn through training ammunition alone at rather ...obscene rates.

Besides...Where is DHS going cheap on ANYTHING? After all, these are the people that are so special and important, no existing building or even combination of buildings can possibly serve their needs. Oh.. No.. They are, after all, the DHS.

Tishman-AECOM, a joint-venture of Tishman Construction Corporation and AECOM Technology Corporation, is serving as Construction Manager for Phase 1 of the US Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) new headquarters at the former St. Elizabeths psychiatric hospital campus in Washington, DC. The Phase 1 construction program involves multiple, interdependent projects, beginning with the new US Coast Guard Headquarters building, parking structure, 80+ megawatt co-generation plant, and infrastructure projects.

The overall DHS headquarters consolidation is the largest current construction project in the US and the largest federal project since construction of the Pentagon. All phases of the construction program, estimated to be US$3 billion to US$4 billion, are scheduled for completion during 2016.
Source

When that's what they spend during these hard years just for their office building? Heck..what are the ammo purchases to them? Stats on paper and then spread out across offices and warehouses in all 50 states to get lost, taken home by cops and agents alike and burned off in training. Over-Budget and Completely Wasteful .... As normal.

(BTW.. this Congressman has been in politics and serving in or connected to elected offices since 1983. I'd vote for non-political types at this point, almost without caring who the heck they were...just dump these career guys who literally cast the votes to help make our states and nation the disaster it is)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
And virtually nobody realizes that the 1.6 billion bullets are DUM DUM bullets!?
OUTLAWED BY THE GENEVA CONVENTION!

Is anyone out there??

edit on 19-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

They HAVE to do this. The ammo hoarding. They know there are a couple hundred million guns in the hands of citizens already, and people are beginning to wake up to the corruption and abuses of power. Understandably, they're pissed. DHS can't wait around for the populace to really prepare and fully gear up to react. So what they do is to buy up billions of rounds in popular calibers (with our own tax dollars) to remove it from OUR grasp and place it exclusively in theirs. They figure they might need it sooner rather than later (dollar collapse & whatnot)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I already know the answer to this:

A gun is worthless without ammo considering the gun laws they are trying to pass it was a 2 pronged assault and it is not over yet.

Can't buy guns or ammo at the moment which makes their laws easier to enforce.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

click thumnail for larger image

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3/19/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: photo

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

DHS stated that its for training purposes. This isn't normal cheap grade FMJ either, its mainly Winchester SXT Bonded Hollow Points which are the most effective bullet design that is out now and one of if not the most expensive bullets as well. The SXT's are the same exact bullet as the much talked about Black Talons from the 80's and 90's that got banned because politicians deemed as cop killer bullets (which they weren't, and aren't armor piercing like they said they were) only difference is the SXT's don't have the black Lubalox coating. I think they also have orders for Federal HST's as well which is Federal's top of the line hollow point design and similar to the SXT.

Now it is good practice using your carry or duty ammo in your gun to make sure it functions properly but shooting mass quantities of that ammo for "Practice" will make you go broke real quick, when you can buy ammo that is geared for practice and target shooting that mimic the ballistic properties at less than half the cost like FMJ, Wadcutter or Flat point bullets. This purchase just doesn't make much sense to me if its just to be used for practice its extremely wasteful, which the Govt. is really, really good at doing. But it still doesn't add up to me and the quantities that they ordered is just mind boggling enough ammo for supply the Iraq and Afghanistan wars for 20+ years. I think there might be the slight odor of fish behind this story if you ask me. Hopefully they can get some "Real" answers.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Yeah, I bet your right, I bet somebody has an investment in a bullet company, I bet that's why DHS has bought 1.8 billion bullets, a ton of which are armor piercing and probably why they purchased thousands of heavily armored mine sweeper / tanks and over 7 thousand fully automatic weapons. All for domestic distribution and use. I'm sure your right, somebody has got an investment, that's why.........

Actually he does have a good point. The Bush family makes a lot of money off of the military. So when you are president wouldn't it be smart to start an agency so that you can make even more money?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So what, so he asks, even demands? He'll get this answer.

1. National Security.

2. National Security.

3. National Security.

4. Redacted, Redacted, Redacted.

5. National Security.

Why even ask? She, they are under no requirement to answer, while many will say "she has to, according to congressional law blah blah blah," the fact is he'll get no answer. It's none of his business. We're still waiting for an answer on the question, "why did we, are we, at war with all of the ME?"

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That's enough bullets to take out 20% of the worlds population, if we use one bullet per person.
It's ridiculous. Numbers like that one would think more relevant to purchases made by one of the military branches.

DHS though?

The Obama Shadow Gov comment, I thought, however, was entirely unnecessary and misleading considering that DHS, Patriot Act, and many other issues people love to opine about are products brought to you by the W. Bush puppet.

edit on 19-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

want to be even more concerned?

Google the amount of ammunition theyve bought compared to how much ammunition is used in a year in our middle east conflict.......

Then watch your jaw drop as you realize how much more their purchase is then what we spend in a war zone.......

And then let that sink in for a minute, explain to me why they need that much

The only thing that comes to mind is that either something big will hit the US or the gov will enact something that will stir the masses, and the gov is terrified that they would be looking at hundreds if not thousands of ruby ridge/Waco style battles across the states. Like a poster said earlier, if we buy a large amount of ammo we are looked upon as terrorists, but yet they can arm themselves to the teeth. Its the pot calling the kettle black, this goes both ways. And besides they're not answering any questions on top of it. I swore to defend this country from enemies foreign and domestic, and if they don't want to answer these big questions, I can only assume they are a domestic enemy, until proven otherwise. "DHS, SUSPECTED OF TERRORISM..............PERIOD"

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

hollow points are only banned on the battle field not city streets cops have more freedom for ammo choice then our solders in combat zones same goes for citizens though and it kind of makes sense as hollow points are less likely to over penetrate targets not sticking up for DHS mind you not a fan but figured id try to clear this up

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually he does have a good point. The Bush family makes a lot of money off of the military. So when you are president wouldn't it be smart to start an agency so that you can make even more money?

No, he doesn't have a good point.

The DHS was created specifically as a result of a false flag operation perpetrated by the US government to propel America into foreign wars to boost domestic economy by securing foreign resources and gain military footing and political clout by establishing American Military presence throughout the Middle East.

As a secondary effect and one that I am sure was tightly planned as a "side effect" we were introduced to the lowest amount of personal freedom and liberty this country has ever seen and that came in the form of the Patriot Act. This set of laws that was sold as being for foreign terrorists is overwhelmingly to police, repress, spy on and prohibit freedoms and the privacy of American citizens in violation of our Constitutional rights.

We are becoming the very terrorists that bill was truly created for and not by accident but by design.

This by the DHS, the largest ammunition purchase in government history (excluding war time), of which a large sum is ammunition not fit nor used for training and outlawed by the Geneva Convention. This would not done for profit as it seems in traditional sense. Not at a time when our domestic economy and in fact much of the rest of the worlds is in utter chaos and decay, not now. This, is obviously not some play for monetary gain. This is an attempt to keep peace by arming for war.

Shock and Awe, remember? It sure worked in the Iraq campaign, I'm betting they think it will work if things go south here at home as well. Far fetched? Yeah....... Right.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by buster2010

No, he doesn't have a good point.

The DHS was created specifically as a result of a false flag operation perpetrated by the US government to propel America into foreign wars to boost domestic economy by securing foreign resources and gain military footing and political clout by establishing American Military presence throughout the Middle East.

As a secondary effect and one that I am sure was tightly planned as a "side effect" we were introduced to the lowest amount of personal freedom and liberty this country has ever seen and that came in the form of the Patriot Act. This set of laws that was sold as being for foreign terrorists is overwhelmingly to police, repress, spy on and prohibit freedoms and the privacy of American citizens in violation of our Constitutional rights.

We are becoming the very terrorists that bill was truly created for and not by accident but by design.

This by the DHS, the largest ammunition purchase in government history (excluding war time), of which a large sum is ammunition not fit nor used for training and outlawed by the Geneva Convention. This would not done for profit as it seems in traditional sense. Not at a time when our domestic economy and in fact much of the rest of the worlds is in utter chaos and decay, not now. This, is obviously not some play for monetary gain. This is an attempt to keep peace by arming for war.

Shock and Awe, remember? It sure worked in the Iraq campaign, I'm betting they think it will work if things go south here at home as well. Far fetched? Yeah....... Right.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

I would like to disagree with everything you just said.............sadly I would only like to, but I cannot.

They are all true......how very sad for us all indeed.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

click thumnail for larger image

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3/19/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: photo

My only question is: Since when do the rulers of this country give a s*** about war crimes? A little lip-service here, a little euphemism there, a little pretension of prohibition (to shut the whiners up), and they're all good. War crimes? What war crimes?
edit on 3/19/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join