It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lights in basement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i decided to sleep in the basement, for one night because i thought it would be interesting.. but what i experienced was really scary. i slept on the concrete floor and i remember i shut down the lamps on the ceiling.. i slept for about 3 hours. around 2 am i suddenly woke up, i opened my eyes and see nothing but darkness, when suddenly i started to see lights out of nowhere moving down the walls . there were no windows in basement but it looked like car lights illuminating thru a window i put on the light and realized that there were nothing there... i never experienced anything like this before... i could see the lights moving very clearly for about 7 seconds i think..

because i was completely alone i got scared to continue sleeping there so i went up to my room.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story. I wonder what could account for the strange lights you saw.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That's a strange experience you had, i too like to do things like that but generally end up scaring myself.
I would love to sleep in a castle or really old graveyard, but only if i had access to a light switch without having to put my hands out of bed, like a lamp with a lead i could have in my hands under the covers.
In the case of the graveyard i would want to be in a modern campervan with access to instant lights for if any ghouls tapped on the van windows.
I like the feeling of being scared whilst being being once removed in some way.
edit on 19/3/13 by transubstantiation because: correction

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

Just to explore all possibilities, do you have any health issues that could cause some visual hallucination? For example, have you ever experienced migraines? Some that do apparently report seeing lights. Just a thought, and an angle to explore.

Also, what was the weather at the time? Have you looked at the wiring, for any issues? Did you have any weird feelings, other than from seeing the lights? Any other experiences in the basement?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Just to explore all possibilities, do you have any health issues that could cause some visual hallucination? For example, have you ever experienced migraines? Some that do apparently report seeing lights. Just a thought, and an angle to explore.

Also, what was the weather at the time? Have you looked at the wiring, for any issues? Did you have any weird feelings, other than from seeing the lights? Any other experiences in the basement?

maybe, but at that time my head didnt hurt. i just woke up suddenly...
the weather was night, cold and snowy. the wiring looked good i checked the lights several times before turning them off...

i did not have any weird feelings, but once or twice i felt thrills ...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Unknown

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

maybe, but at that time my head didnt hurt. i just woke up suddenly...
the weather was night, cold and snowy. the wiring looked good i checked the lights several times before turning them off...

i did not have any weird feelings, but once or twice i felt thrills ...

Well, looking into the possibilities, I found that some people do see the lights, and not feel the pain - link So, that might be something to have checked, just in case.

Cold and snowy doesn't tend to bring electrical storm activity, so some weird lightning effect (ball lightning or whatever) seems unlikely in this case.

I would still recommend having the wiring checked, just in case there is some intermittent sparking. At the least, you can be sure you don't have a dangerous wiring issue. Plus, that would eliminate wiring as a factor. Eliminating the more mundane possibilities is always a good plan, when investigating odd phenomenon.

When you say "thrills", do you mean some physical sensation? Something like a mild electrical current, maybe?

Have you thought about setting up a video camera, to see if you can catch anything? Maybe bring in someone else, and see if this event repeats? Did there seem to be any purpose behind the motion of the lights, or was it more like something random or mechanical?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

A couple of points here.

Don't sleep on concrete it will give you a form of arthritis

www.ehow.com...

secondly, is there a window?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Maybe I missed some previous threads of yours, but why did you think sleeping in the basement would be interesting??
Did you suspect paranormal activity before spending the night down there? Was it your hope to have some kind of paranormal encounter?

I have no idea what you might have been seeing. The typical non-paranormal explanations would be (a) you were still dreaming, but didn't realize it. (b) You were having some sort of hallucination or (c) it was indeed what it appeared to be, headlights. Maybe reflected off of something so it didn't appear near a window?

But, none of these things can be proven. You cannot prove it was paranormal anymore than you can prove it wasn't paranormal at this point. Not with just one isolated experience. (Unless you had an easy debunk, like your roommate fessed up to messing with you using a flashlight.) I think some good suggestions were made to try to experiment and see what you get, if you are interested in pursuing it.

For whatever it is worth, I sometimes get "ocular migraines". There is no associated headache, but I get some dark spots in my vision and some flashes of light. The episodes are rare - only a few a year. In my experience, though, it's nothing like what you described.... the light flashes are quick and bright. I've never seen a prolonged spot of light. But I suppose everyone might experience them differently. Here is a link on them - about 1 in 200 people get them, so they aren't too uncommon: www.webmd.com... I don't really think this is what you experienced, but since they were mentioned in this thread I wanted to add my experience and two cents on it.

Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

A couple of points here.

Don't sleep on concrete it will give you a form of arthritis

www.ehow.com...

secondly, is there a window?

its radioactive too

top topics

join