It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferry fuel tanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
since test flight ballast tanks are apparently the "proof du jour" for chemtrails at the moment (not only on here - they have been making the rounds of FB and conspiracy radio shows, which is maybe what inspired ATS members?), I thought it prudent to get in a little pre-emptive debunking on a very similar aircraft equipment - fuel tanks for ferry flights.

These tanks are fitted to aircraft to extend their range where no other payload is carried - typically ferry flights across water, but anywhere else someone thinks the effort is justified too.

so here's a photo of a Boeing 717 with tanks fitted in the passenger cabin. Boeing 737-200's also had provision for a simlar arrangement, with the "plumbing" for a couple of tanks in the pax cabin permanently fitted - I worked on installing and removing some of these in the late 1980's and early 1990's.

(source)

They are not so common on more modern jet aircraft as ranges have tended to increase over the years with improved/more fuel efficient engines and aerodynamics.

For smaller aircraft Turtlepac is a company that makes a range of collaspable tanks. these can be fitted to aircraft of all types - from microlights to relatively large airliners, helicopters, and everything in between. They come with associated plumbing and pumps......I haven't seen any spray nozzles tho....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
tanks for sharing that with us!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to read your OP, but what kind of evil chemicals do they store and spray from those tanks?

Excellent proof of chemtrails!

I'll be back in a minute with some patent links for you to check out! Have you seen the movie "what in the world are they spraying"?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You only think they are ferry tanks because that is what you have been told to think. You need to do your own research and think for yourself.

I don't believe your claim because if you are right I have been an idiot for years and cannot admit that. I have been told by some random people on the Internet that they are Chemtrail tanks. Because I know nothing about planes and I think for myself, I think they are right.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Can you see which one holds the aluminum, and which one holds the barium?

If you can show that, then you could blow this conspiracy out of the water...

So how long do you think it will take before they start photoshopping that picture?
edit on 20-3-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Probably not long - various "barrel" pictures aer being misrepresented by chemtrail believers on FB these days - they know what they are and they are removing watermarks and info about what they are from them - see this forum discussion for links to several examples of blatant dishonesty.

top topics

join