It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To whomever has taken all the money. Please can we the people have it back, thanks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Unlike the futures market where there is a balance of long and short interest most entities (individuals and institutions) which own securities (debt or equity) and real estate (primarily homes) are net long not short and thus when those markets decline in large percentage terms then Wealth is indeed destroyed (at least until the next reflation bubble). When those interests (stock, bond or housing market) are sold then yes that money has to go somewhere but the net losses are not offset elswhere - hence net loss of wealth.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

Well, if I might try this and see..... I think we agree on 3 basic things...and maybe on the 4th..maybe not.

1. True Capitalism is a good thing. A positive and productive system but requires work and participation by all who are physically capable.

2. Bail outs, corporate welfare and federal favoritism by way of the tax code and handouts is a bad thing (and departing that station of capitalism)

3. Fiat Currencies, such as we find ourselves with today, are a really really crappy way to run the economics of a society. (That capitalist station is well behind now)

4. Due in large part to #2 and #3 (We have Tricky Dick Nixon to thank for 3), we probably haven't seen much for true capitalism in a couple decades or more. At least since the late 90's to the start of Baby Bush's term for real serious slide away from anything that could be called free market with a straight face.

Of course... I could be reading that all wrong too.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Its interesting, how often have we seen the immediate counter argument talking about people who act like they have some kind of sense of entitlement...like thats a bad thing...

Well heres the news for you, people should be entitled. We should all have a sense of entititlement to a decent life, health and happiness. THAT is what should be strived for, not the fruitless pursuit of wealth for nothing other than its own purpose.

Its also interesting that whilst condemning the less fortunate for their sense of entitlement, you will 9 times out of 10 also in the same paragraph normally find those same accusers fervently defending THEIR own sense of entitlement. Normally it goes along the lines of how hard they have worked etc etc. Like no one else ever, works as hard as they do, because...of course if they did, well, they would be as fortunate as them wouldn't they?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think if you try to recover the wealth from the elite...youll find out they dont own anything...they merely CONTROL the wealth.......

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Those that are accumulating it are those same that are creating it. Imagine if you made a currency, you lend your curencey out with intrest, let's say 20%. You are the only creator of that curencey so where is that 20% going to come from? It never gets paid, it can't, we've all been had.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

it is US that gives that money value, so let's find something else to value.

This is one of the best single sentences I have ever read and what I have been trying to say for so long.

We need to make it profitable/valuable to do the right thing and not the wrong thing.

Our system is set-up for greed and we have failed.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We agree on all 4, except it's been longer than just a couple of decades, the seeds of today were sown by FDR, worsened by Tricky Dick, no wait, sown by Woodrow Wilson, tended by FDR, fertilized by Tricky Dick,,,,you get the idea

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

You're right. Ultimately this all goes back to a meeting in 1913 to be precise for a point where time machines and high powered rifles could change everything. I tend to use Dick as the example because of his act to remove the United States from the gold standard.

It is a very complex and winding path that led us to this point in time, isn't it? Many people across many decades...and without them all, we wouldn't be here at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It is basically just a game of real life Monopoly. The game will be played until everyone but a few have nothing.

It's time for us all to just throw the rest of the money on the table, declare the game over, and start playing a bit friendlier game.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The money wasn't taken. Fake money was created by the stock market and banks, the paper money in circulation is still money unless it's counterfeit. The value in the stockmarket is not real, get over it. Money doesn't grow on streets.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What strikes me in these type of threads is the "brotherhood" mentality and I agree with it 100%
It is very hard if not impossible to find a "Naysayer" amongst us.
Its nice to know that the common folks world wide are pissed off beyond just angry.

S&F
Iwinder

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes it was a complicated path that got us here. But not so complicated the average man (or woman) with an open mind and a bit of sense can't follow it.
What is complicated is how the general majority of the American people were led to believe either they couldn't change it or manipulated to believe it was in their best interest not to change it.
Now to get it back where it needs to be...that is the real free market, free to choose America that we were at the turn of the last century, can not be accomplished via the ballot box. It is too far gone. It is almost too far gone to be corrected by more drastic means. And sadly enough it won't be. There is no brave leader to start the revolution.
Let us not forget the original American revolution was brought on by things as seemingly innocuous as a tax on tea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join