It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Salt Water Drinkable Just Got 99 Percent Cheaper

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Fresh water from the sea
Construction of immense strenght,low cost

nanobots hunting for atoms to produce fat,sugar,proteins directly from the soil
making hydrocarbon fuel from the carbon and hydrogen in the oceans
Nanobots that hunt out and kill virus,bacteria,cancer--and make your arteries plaque free

eventually a nanobot WiFi interface between you and the net-and everyone else.

Truly a brave new world approaches.

Gonna get my typewriter out and try to write a book about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Precisely my conjecture.....
What about radioactive particles?
And if it works they could crash some of this ito the fukishima problem.....flitering exhaust sea waters....
or other applications....
Truely amazing!
And a thin sheet of this stuff will stop a bullet too?
Pretty far out stuff!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Japan discovered a way of using filters to mine heavy metals out of sea water years ago. ("Radiation" comes from the heavy metals.)

But all that really has to be done is to pump sea water into greenhouse like holding tanks and use solar heat to evaporate the fresh water, minus the heavy metals, which are left behind. Unfortunately you can't patent the greenhouse.

Greening the Sahara: A Simple Idea

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The next thing Lockheed Martin will be announcing is the greenhouse bombing cruise missile. Hey, ya gotta make a buck.

This is just the most blatant kind of Military Industrial Complex hype. It's a way of spinning weapons development into a producer of "useful technology" in order to be able to justify the unjustifiable, more ludicrous spending on military technology.

The Military Industrial Complex not only puts the cart before the horse but it only adds the horse at opportune moments when and if they arise. If at all possible it ignores the horse altogether.
edit on 20-3-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Looks like a timely disclosure to cover these costs if the stock price goes up. A word of caution...
www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was watching that survival show about Cody Lundeen (sp?) and he did a show stuck on an island, he showed how to make drinkable water from salt water with scuba gear. Somehow he heated the scuba tank and rigged it so a hose came out and as the salt water heated it would turn into steam. He said the salt would be left behind where the drinkable water would be steam. He ended up collecting the steam water into the scuba goggles and let and behold he drank it.

I'm sure there's many ways out there to turn it into drinkable water. Any can vary from very cheap to very expensive. I like this thread. Interesting indeed.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jziegler
I was watching that survival show about Cody Lundeen (sp?) and he did a show stuck on an island, he showed how to make drinkable water from salt water with scuba gear. Somehow he heated the scuba tank and rigged it so a hose came out and as the salt water heated it would turn into steam. He said the salt would be left behind where the drinkable water would be steam. He ended up collecting the steam water into the scuba goggles and let and behold he drank it.

Yes that is distillation - very simple, very old - very slow if all you have is standard sunlight, or it gets expensive if you concentrate the sunlight.

an attempt to make it commercial is the seawater greenhouse that uses seawater both to humidify and distills it to provide fresh water. dosen't look overly successful though.

Low temperature thermal desalination is another distillation technique that "boils" the water by cerating a lower pressure environment so it "boils" at low temperature.

I'm sure there's many ways out there to turn it into drinkable water. Any can vary from very cheap to very expensive. I like this thread. Interesting indeed.

Unfortunately the cheap ones tend to not provide enough water to be useful.

Wiki article on desalination

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Very very awesome!

But let's all be honest with ourselves.

This solution will never see the light of day. The powers that be will do anything to suppress stuff that helps out humanity.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IshmaelKipling
Very very awesome!

But let's all be honest with ourselves.

This solution will never see the light of day. The powers that be will do anything to suppress stuff that helps out humanity.

It has already seen the light of day - hence the article I linked to in the OP and the press release in a later post.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Here was my solution down in our home in the Philipines and you can make one too. It works anywhere you have humidity.

www.instructables.com...

edit on 20-3-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Wow that's really great news, L&M usually don't sell things cheap though, so basically this amounts to, hey we just made it cheaper for desalination plants so they can make more money off you charging the same price while costing them less heh.

Also with all the $%^& we have dumped into the ocean , will this also remove 500 million gallons of correxall from BP, the poisons from the oil itself and all the lovely fukashima radiation ?

Ill stick with cleaning dirty mud. ^^

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSnake

"eventually a nanobot WiFi interface between you and the net-and everyone else."

and the complete and total destruction of 90% of the human race the very next day when "the they" flip the switch heh, brave new world my ass.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Ignorant paranoid speculation is such an ugly feature of ATS

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

Wow that's really great news, L&M usually don't sell things cheap though, so basically this amounts to, hey we just made it cheaper for desalination plants so they can make more money off you charging the same price while costing them less heh.

Seems unlikely - it is not the cost of the material that costs all the money for desalination - it is the cost of the energy required to run it.

the savings here are in energy costs.

Also with all the $%^& we have dumped into the ocean , will this also remove 500 million gallons of correxall from BP, the poisons from the oil itself and all the lovely fukashima radiation ?

Ill stick with cleaning dirty mud. ^^

And to do it you will probably want this material.....

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

i've heard teh new material is named Perforen or something like that

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is very very good news to hear.
No matter whom runs the show this sounds like an earth saving idea and method to me.
After reading the link you so kindly provided I came to the conclusion that RO filtration is one of the greatest inventions ever created. Not to mention that we happen to have a 5 stage RO system in our home. :-)

Thanks to the OP for bringing this to light.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mklaus1964

i've heard teh new material is named Perforen or something like that

You must watch your teh's and the's as you remind me of another poster on this thread.
On topic I will research this teh material that is called Pertoren.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I can find no reference to the word "Perforen" the only thing I am finding is Spanish translations.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ahhh I found the proper spelling and I will add the link here.
actually you might be shocked to see some of the monies being paid out on the the link I will drop now.

lockheed-martin.rsspump.com... d9f54a3cfe318dc602

But if this works I think it is worth the money,
But it reeks to high heaven of the the military ( air force) calling the shots.
Regards, Iwinder

I am not sure why it did not show up in the link above but here is a copy and paste of what is missing.

Lockheed Martin Achieves Patent For Perforene(TM) Filtration Solution, Moves
edit on 21-3-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You already drink sea water. A lot of your drinking water comes from the ocean. It naturally precipitates and forms rain clouds. Glacial water is pretty darn tasty.
edit on 21-3-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Ahhh I found the proper spelling and I will add the link here......

the link is in the OP -

Lockheed Martin’s Perforene, on the other hand,.......

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join