It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Grieves for the Rapists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hello ATS, hope you are having a good day so far.

This recently just came up into my feed, and I felt compelled to share it, as this is a prime example of just how psychotic our Media has become.

"CNN grieves that guilty verdict ruined 'promising' lives of Steubenville rapists"

CNN broke the news on Sunday of a guilty verdict in a rape case in Steubenville, Ohio by lamenting that the "promising" lives of the rapists had been ruined, but spent very little time focusing on how the 16-year-old victim would have to live with what was done to her.

^ These kids are getting 1-2 years in juvenile detention for the rape of a young girl. Not only did they rape her, they humiliated her by taking pictures of her passed out, naked body. --- They have flatly been convicted of this crime.

This entire video above, should churn your stomach. So I suggest getting a bag or something, in case you do end up vomiting @ your computer screen.

Amazing to me, how CNN paint these convicted rapist pieces of dog crap as the victims.
Hopefully they get a taste of their own medicine where they are going.

It is as if these Media outlets are competing to see who can achieve Idiocracy first.

edit on 19-3-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I am absolutely speechless! But then again, why should I be surprised!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
ill say one thing, Putting these young rapist in jail will do only one thing, make them worse.

Either castrate them and release, or send them to intense therapy (including mandatory chemical castration and monitoring)

The prison system is not set up to rehabilitate anymore, its training ground to create worse criminals. The community there as a whole needs to take a long hard look at itself and figure out what went wrong to create a culture where a young girl would even have to face such atrocities.

Starting with the parent working through all the authority figures involved.
edit on 19-3-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So the war on women is actually coming from the Liberals instead of the Republicans. Had this been from Fox news it would be all anyone talked about for weeks. The media is a joke. Politics is a joke. There is nothing any of them say that can be called journalism anymore. Those kids raped a girl and made a video of it to pass around. Hopefully there will be more justice coming. As far as ruining their future goes, that was their decision. They had no real future as far as i see. Not with a total lack of respect for other human beings they didn't.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
ill say one thing, Putting these young rapist in jail will do only one thing, make them worse.

Either castrate them and release, or send them to intense therapy (including mandatory chemical castration and monitoring)

The prison system is not set up to rehabilitate anymore, its training ground to create worse criminals. The community there as a whole needs to take a long hard look at itself and figure out what went wrong to create a culture where a young girl would even have to face such atrocities.

I agree Benrl! But the bleeding hearts are dead against chemical castration! I remember an incident about 28 years ago when they wanted to introduce chemical castration, (I believe it was in SC) and all hell broke loose over the thought of it!

I myself think it would drastically reduce the amounts of rapes and pedophilia incidents that happen in this country IF.....We could have a justice system that was fair and based upon laws and not set up to protect the elite. By elite, I mean those in the government, the wealthy, Hollywood, (Lyndsey Lohan anyone?) and most especially, people who can only do one thing.................play a game!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I agree Benrl! But the bleeding hearts are dead against chemical castration! I remember an incident about 28 years ago when they wanted to introduce chemical castration, (I believe it was in SC) and all hell broke loose over the thought of it!

I myself think it would drastically reduce the amounts of rapes and pedophilia incidents that happen in this country IF.....We could have a justice system that was fair and based upon laws and not set up to protect the elite. By elite, I mean those in the government, the wealthy, Hollywood, (Lyndsey Lohan anyone?) and most especially, people who can only do one thing.................play a game!

And yet I look and the dude who hacked some ipad account info is getting three and a half years... BS, your right the systems so f----.

How can someone who is a non-violent perpetrator guilty of taking information from an electronic network get more time than someone who raped a young girl.

Oh right corporate interest outweigh public welfare now days.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Commit the crime you serve the time... I bet they weren't sobbing when they raped her.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
While I don't think highly of Mainstream Media, even I was surprised when I heard this. Who in their right mind would say such a thing, especially given the current circumstances? I really do hope this is all one big misunderstanding. Also, 1 to 2 years? Seems awfully short a sentence.

Originally posted by jimmiec
So the war on women is actually coming from the Liberals instead of the Republicans. Had this been from Fox news it would be all anyone talked about for weeks.
So do you have any actual proof that all liberals agree with CNN's grieving with the rapists, or are you just grasping at straws?
edit on 19-3-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Disgusting. Too bad they can't charge the parents of those two with anything. They've obviously failed at their job.

I wish the punishment was harsher. I think they should have been tried as adults, but at least it's something.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Commit the crime you serve the time... I bet they weren't sobbing when they raped her.

No , if outsiders didn't get involved, the girl would have been threatened by the same authorities who are entrusted to uphold the law there in Steubenville. Now maybe people can understand why these kids see no problem with it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldSchoolMom

If I was supreme super judge of the world, everyone in that video would be exiled to the moon with a weeks worth of oxygen.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Did you post the right video, becuase I didn't see any grieving for the rapists in that one?

Saying that they messed their lives up sounds pretty accurate to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

And yet I look and the dude who hacked some ipad account info is getting three and a half years... BS, your right the systems so f----.

How can someone who is a non-violent perpetrator guilty of taking information from an electronic network get more time than someone who raped a young girl.

Oh right corporate interest outweigh public welfare now days.

Because in Ohio, you don't have to actually have sex with the victim for it to be considered rape. According to what I've heard, neither boy actually had sex with her, but under Ohio law, if there is penetration of any part of your body, it's considered rape. Between what actually happened, and the fact that being juveniles they can only have a limited sentence, they were given the sentence they were. Keep in mind however, that is the minimum amount of time they will serve. It's up to the Ohio Department of Corrections if they serve up until the maximum they can serve, which for one boy is 24. I can't remember what it is for the other. It was still insanely stupid of them to do it, and they deserve the punishment, and it's wrong of CNN to put all the vitctimhood on them.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is horrible. The way rapists are treated in our country:

www.csvr.org.za...

An explanation of "necklacing:

www.sowetanlive.co.za...

To me this is crazy, but to communities, this is the only way to deal with crime, from thieves to rapists, in South Africa.

When victims are asked what they want done (they do not go to the police, but to the elders/whoever is in charge), the victims reply that they want extreme justice.

Would this make people feel better?
edit on 19-3-2013 by AlwaysWonder because: Adding text

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Did you post the right video, becuase I didn't see any grieving for the rapists in that one?

Saying that they messed their lives up sounds pretty accurate to me.

Yah...I think the video was aimed at a cautionary tale to teenage boys....look how these boys lives were effed up.

On another note. Kudos to the girl. She has shown an insane amount of bravery and fought for herself and her dignity in a way that no teenage girl should ever have to.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Those punks are not going to prison, they're going to juvie. Huge difference.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

to be fair fox screwed up 10000000 times worse in this matter they stated the minor rape victims name on live tv she has already received two death threats msnbc did the same thing despicable on all counts though

thinkprogress.org...

www.policymic.com...

news.yahoo.com...

You can blame CNN all you want for its reporters feeling sorry for the now convicted rapists in the ongoing case in Steubenville, Ohio, but MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN all just outed a 16-year-rape victim to millions. Seeking to report on an emotional case for all that it's worth, apparently, all three networks ran this unedited clip from the courtroom video feed, in which one of the defendants responds to Sunday's verdict by apologizing to the Jane Doe victim by name:
so i think the media is hiring idiots who have no understanding of the law you are NEVER suposed to release minors names let alone rape victims
www.nydailynews.com...
two girls already arrested for threatening to kill the minor victim
edit on 19-3-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As if there are different tiers of rape. Rape is rape. Whether it's a look see or full out disgusting encounter. Maybe these small sentences the young boys got will have prevented them from doing something far more sinister in the future. They are monsters no matter what.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How?

They are juenile that means their records will be sealed so how are their lives "ruined"

Unlike their victim who will live with what happened for the rest of her life.

Grieving for them?

Par for the course considering who we are talking about.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

to be fair fox screwed up 10000000 times worse in this matter they stated the minor rape victims name on live tv she has already received two death threats msnbc did the same thing despicable on all counts though

So do two wrongs make a right? (yea, I learned that move from you progressives!
)

Is it so wrong to admit your team made a mistake? OH of course not! Why didn't you bring up Bush?

The fact of the matter REGARDLESS of which side of the political coin landed. This is WRONG! So show your true colors and point your finger at a ghost all you want, answer the question! WAS THIS WRONG?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join