It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want you to let me educate you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Of course, I know, WarJohn, you are not a horse. However, please bear with me for the sake of an analogy for the sake of illustrating, perhaps, your lack of logic about instinct.

In a barn fire, even putting a wet blindfold on a horse to lead him out of the burning building, the horse will still fight to return to the burning building. It is his instinct, because ostensibly, that barn and/or stall he lives in is home for him, a safe place, his spot. This, despite the fact that the most innate, shared, instinctual characteristic of all life is survival. And this reaction ensures the death of the animal.

Therefore, no, I don't think you are on target here.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by WarJohn

How many of you agree?

Nope. Not me - not entirely. Not by a long shot.

Although instincts are certainly an asset in the arsenal and good to be aware of and to hone as much as possible, instincts alone are not nearly enough, in this competitive world, to get ahead and stay ahead of your peers.

Some of these "instincts" may come in especially handy in a SHTF scenario, but what if no SHTF? In that case, which is perhaps as likely as the opposite, then a good education, knowledge about banking, finance, strong interpersonal skills, communication, language, mathematics - are the best 'arrows-in-the-quiver".

IMHO, the best preparation for life and our unpredictable world is a combination of your instinctive development skills, along with street smarts, people smarts, and book smarts. Your "education" alone will not be enough.

Thanks for the reminder, though, on what else may be important - but not a replacement for - traditional education.
edit on 3/26/2013 by Outrageo because:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yooo man I couldn't agree more. Yes its about survival now an days, But that's how the system works. Way I see it ill use it to my advantage and One day Impress the whole way by doing the best I can. Honestly when im at school I Am to impress all these "collage PH degree" peoples Widen their use, LET THEM KNOW use younger generation may do bad things but have more Potential of doing better Things. Really I hate being judged from what they see in the outside, im very secretive, If they could get into my mind somehow I Swear they would be More than Impressed, Now that's A fact proven. Today I got honours in Science, tomorrow shall be Math then graduate next week. Thanks for your time, Hope I somehow helped.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Your instincts tell you how to call B.S. when it's infront of you.

This instinct of mine is going crazy right now.

Hmmmmmmmmm......

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
All the education you need is within your instincts.

I'd like to fly a plane and somehow I don't think
my instincts alone would fit the bill.
However to be fair, education is never a
substitute for wisdom.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
oh thanx....you give me your education...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join