It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want you to let me educate you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You don't need school.

All the education you need is within your instincts.

Your instincts tell you how to find or build shelter.

Your instincts tell you how to find or draw you a mate. They even tell you how to mate with said mate.

Your instincts tell you when to fight and how to fight.

Your instincts tell you how to call B.S. when it's infront of you.

Your instincts tell you how to go about finding something to eat or drink.

Your instincts tell you when you are being oppressed and in need of uprising over the oppressor.

Your instincts tell you what is good and what is bad.

How many of you agree?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

My instincts tell me you didn't educate me......

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Many things you suggest there simply are not true.

There is a reason people train say for fighting, or survival.

Its to override their natural instinct as its wrong, the whole process of learning in most of the cases you list involve learning and training to counter your "instinct"

Its why the military drills, its why professional fighters train for so long.
edit on 19-3-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Most absent student every year with best grades. Damn proud too.
School is a joke and waste of time
edit on 19-3-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What happens if those instincts have become systematically suppressed? Instincts tells me to go to the supermarket when the milk runs out.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
You don't need school.

Your instincts tell you how to find or draw you a mate. They even tell you how to mate with said mate.

Your instincts tell you when you are being oppressed and in need of uprising over the oppressor.

How many of you agree?

...if you want to live in a van underneath the bridge, down by the river.

Kids.... don't listen to the angry man. Go to school, get good grades and then go to college. That way you'll get a nice job that pays good money and you might even find a nice gal to marry and have a family with. Don't take the angry fundamentalist path, it's nothing but a pain in the a$$!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I totally understand what your trying to say but you are only part correct...

There is a reason why people train/educate...

Training at something makes you better... this can't be argued.

If you think instinct is all you need then I invite you to come spar with me in Muay Thai kick boxing and see what the difference between instict and training/education.

I have competed against 21-23 year old college athletes in their prime and chewed them up and spit them out even though they are a much better athelete than myself...

Bottom line... Training/Education makes you better.

If we were still cave man then your argument might be valid.
edit on 19-3-2013 by knowledgedesired because: sp

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Educate me how...in what?
What do you want with this thread..?

I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Actually fighting is instinctive. I grew up fighting at least 3 times a week. I was a skinny tall kid. The real key to fighting is furious aggression. (basically anyway) I also grew up finding food when my friends and i would spend 10 hours or so running around the hills/ridges/mountains. We found fruit bearing trees, blackberries, strawberries,roots. Of course that was over 40 years ago. Kids don't leave their X-Box now. Nature is way more fun than a video game. I actually play video games to stay sharp. There is no comparison. The OP is correct, instinct will help you survive about anything. It is ingrained in us all.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You don't need school.

~ Instinct tells you that you're hungry and should eat. Education tells you how to find non-toxic food and to prepare food in such a manner that it will not make you sick.

~ Instinct tells you that you need shelter. Education tells you how to build shelter.

~ Instinct tells you that you need to satisfy your primal urges. Education tells you how to attract a mate and keep her/him.

~ Instinct tells you that you must fight. Education tells you that there are alternatives to fighting.

Your instincts tell you how to call B.S. when it's infront (sic) of you.

~ My education tells me that this thread is BS

~ Err.. no... even animals must be taught how to acquire food.

~ Your education will tell you how to overcome oppression.

~ An education will tell you that not everything is black and white.

How many of you agree?

~ Certainly not me.....

edit on 19-3-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You don't need school.

How many of you agree?

So your instincts taught you to read and write?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I believe your are getting the term "education" confused with "survivng"...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You don't need school.

You need education outside of yourself; or else you would never have learned to express yourself now.

The flesh is weak and foolish. If left only to your instincts, you would fail because of your temptations and weaknesses. Give glory to God that you overcome fear at all; that you still have a lower jaw so that you can eat;
That you still have two legs to walk; That you still have your tongue so you can talk; That you still have your fingers so that you can exercise your right to stupidity on the keyboard.

If the trees and the rocks hadn't been made, then you wouldn't have anything with which to build shelter.
If trouble was not kept away from you, you would not have the safety to find an available shelter.

Any mate that is drawn to an individual that believes they are self sufficient is a poor mate.
God had mercy on you to let you keep your penis for the sake of your pride. Be thankful and use it wisely.

You're going to lose every fight.

These aren't my instincts. These are truths that existed well before me or you; and if all things had not been set in order before our time, then we would know nothing.

Your body hungers and it thirsts. But your instincts cannot make the light shine upon the ground, neither can your instincts make the rain fall upon the land, that vegetation may spring forth, that you might have food. You think you deserve a kudos because a gift is handed to you on the end of a stick, and you are able to pick it up with your hand, and to eat it? Is that a lot of work for you?

If there were no oppressor, you wouldn't know that you were being oppressed. And if you are being oppressed, that means you never had power to rise up against the oppressor in the first place; unless you are saying that your instincts also guide into oppression in the first place. In which case, you would have actually said something right; but you didn't say it, because you don't recognize it.

If you had known what was good, then you would have said nothing.
And if you had known what was bad, then you would have said nothing.

How many of you agree?

You are being warned now: anybody that agrees with you is also your enemy.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundryman

You don't need school.

How many of you agree?

You can still communicate if you haven't learned how to read or write a taught language. To communicate is a universal instinct. Like how a cobra will communicate to you that you had better step back away from it when it takes up a certain position and hisses.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm with John, SnF as more times than not people do not listen to there own instincts and end up in messy situations they new were going to go awry.

Though I think there is a better way to convey that said message, I got the message~

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

The reason language was invented was as a more exact means of communication. I can communicate to someone that I am about to punch them without words.

Telling them that my diverticulitis is acting up and I need a specific antibiotic would be a bit more difficult.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundryman

You don't need school.

How many of you agree?

You can still communicate if you haven't learned how to read or write a taught language. To communicate is a universal instinct. Like how a cobra will communicate to you that you had better step back away from it when it takes up a certain position and hisses.

Communicate is a latin word, formed from two other latin words:
Munire, meaning "to fortify"
Cum meaning "with, together"

The original meaning of the word communicate means to fortify together.

Communication is about bringing people together. Not hissing at them and telling them that you're about to eat them alive.

However, hissing is an expression.

And you have not communicated here. You have only expressed yourself just as an animal would, without any thought or care about anyone, except to justify yourself in your behavior.

Why do you feel the need to justify your behavior to people that you do not know?

Because you are ashamed of yourself and you know it. You are afraid to face it because you are afraid people will say to you, "Ah, look how you changed your mind. And you can't even stick to what you say, so no matter what you say, you're still a piece of crap."

But the fact of the matter is that those are lies in your head. You can change what you say, you can changed what you do. And if people judge you for it, then this time, THEY are the fools.

But then you will attract better people, and you will be loved by those worth having their love; if any exist around you, because people that love the truth are few and far in between.

Either way, better to die a fool to the world than to be a fool against your better understanding. Or do you not have courage?

If you want courage, ask for it.

You have been warned. Those that agree with you are your enemies. Your lifespan is short right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You don't need school.

How many of you agree?

What will my instincts do when I get a potentially fatal tooth abscess?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

How many of you agree?

Not me.

Although to be fair, I haven't agreed with any of your threads that I've read.

You can still communicate if you haven't learned how to read or write a taught language

Body language can only relay so much. How would you be preaching to us in your threads without language?
edit on 3/20/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join