page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by smyleegrl

You (GASP) broke the rules?

I missed the thread, so I don't know what is was about.

You better not be turnin' into some hoodlum. You jus' better not be.

Druid.. it was amazing!!! She was all gang signing and potty mouthed... I think she was even wearing her hat sideways... all Forum Gangsta. It was shockin'.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Everybody has bad days. Don't let people get to you. Make your point and move on, that's all you can do. Maybe others will see your point and agree, but there will always be people who will disagree. Just make the best case you can in your posts and hope that it sinks in to whomever you're trying to reach. Never allow someone to push your buttons. Life's too short to be mad at someone in a forum on the internet.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

everyone has a bad day. here i thought you were perfect

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
You know, this is why you would make a fantastic moderator/public representative Smylee.

And, I am not just talking about ATS either, if I had even one tenth of your humility I would be doing well.

Let she/he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

I love ya like a sister!

edit on 20-3-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

No thank you....I get enough "moderating" during the school day with my seven year olds! But I appreciate the compliment.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

everyone has a bad day. here i thought you were perfect

Far from it, my friend. Far from it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Druid.. it was amazing!!! She was all gang signing and potty mouthed... I think she was even wearing her hat sideways... all Forum Gangsta. It was shockin'.

You just made my day. Or my hit list. Gotta think about it....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by Advantage

You just made my day. Or my hit list. Gotta think about it....

SEE!!

All violent and stuff. Dont shank me!! You know, you can always go hardcore forum warrior and "foe" me...

Seriously though, if you havent wigged out on ATS at least once.. youre just not human. I try to limit my wigging out episodes to once or twice a month. I change my avatar around a lot so the mods don't recognize me.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
First off for me it did not feel like you where that mad , well not enough to make it out the written text.

2th : we all get mad sometimes , some more some less , holding it in is never a option it will only indoctrinate this specific mindstate more and more.

but dont let the guilt get the best of you , i know for some people it is very hard to get over feeling guilty , and the feeling is one of the worst there is.

I Struggle immense with this emotion , even really small things i feel guilty about wich involve daily situations normal people would just wipe of their shoulders and continue and not look back.

But then this again comes with a persons personality , some care a hell of a lot more then others.

No harm done , best of luck to all

TheGreazel.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
aaah dont woirry about it mate.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I didn't find anything wrong with your rant. You gave your opinion on the 'views' given by people in certain threads - not the threads themselves. Whether those views were written here or you heard them at your local store, those views on women were ignorant and uninformed, and I defend your right to expose them for what they are.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

ATS should let us have one day a year, where we can all just rumble.

Release valve.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
yes, in creating a username here we all agreed to the terms and conditions even though some of these T&C do not exactly seem to be in accordance with basic ideas of freedom of expression/speech.

however, I don't think it necessary to apologize for not complying with said terms and conditions because (see above).

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Yesterday, in a fit of pique, I started a thread that broke the T&Cs. Specifically, I ranted about a couple of threads that I felt were inappropriate.

It has been pointed out to me (in the nicest fashion possible) that ranting about particular threads or members is in poor taste and bad form.

Therefore, I would like to apologize to the mods and to you, ATS, for usurping the rant forum for my own little crusade. It was done in poor taste and I'm ashamed of that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday and a happy Wednesday tomorrow.

We still love you Smylee. Good on you for being big enough to wise up to your wrong doings. My head unfortunately has swollen to an insurmountable size. I don't think I'll be apologizing for my own rantings any time soon. Maybe just get me to do it for you next time

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

who cares

the rubbish is outweighing the good and with thread closed for review on every other article its almost worthless to click anymore ^^

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Aint no thang but a chicken wang.

I despise cyber-bullies. If that was the reason why you blew up, that is understandable.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
To be passionate is to be human. Besides, I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't particularly offended in any way regardless. While it arguably could have been handled in a better way by certain standards (such as the rules of this site to which we all try to adhere,) if it's the topic I'm thinking of and unless I missed something, I can't say I disagreed with your sentiment and points necessarily. I didn't see anything you said as particularly insulting or ad hominem. It struck me more as frustration and lamentation than anything else. The only thing that was questionable was the calling out of specific members.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

First question.

Did you mean everything you said with total conviction? If so, you NEVER apologize.

If someone is being an asshat, they need to be called on it. Cant fix something if you dont know its broke.

Period.

I really dont worry much about TnC's. If I get booted, that just means I cant post here. Woop.

I can still lurk.

I just figure speak my mind with honesty and truth. If I'm wrong on facts, I'll stand up and say so.

then and ONLY then will I apologize.

BTW, I really dig your avatar. To me, that is so emblematic of a "true" woman.

Strength and Wisdom.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

who cares

the rubbish is outweighing the good and with thread closed for review on every other article its almost worthless to click anymore ^^

I give that a BIG amen friend.

If Proto's "Rome" thread can be closed, anything can.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

who cares

I give that a BIG amen friend.

If Proto's "Rome" thread can be closed, anything can.

Not apologizing for my beliefs or feelings. I apologized e cause I broke the T&Cs in how I voiced my disproval. That was wrong and in bad faith. That's all.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Your are courageous smyleegrl. Everybody can learn from your example and I'm not just talking about the apology.

It is OK for people to have their opinions ESPECIALLY when they disagree with others. This is what makes us all unique individuals.

If people try to change you just because you are being yourself (and holding your own opinions/beliefs) then it is THEM who fail to see the beauty in Sincerity - Truthfulness - Openness.

Keep shining your inner light and doing your thing!

Peace!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join