It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Apology to All

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Yesterday, in a fit of pique, I started a thread that broke the T&Cs. Specifically, I ranted about a couple of threads that I felt were inappropriate.

It has been pointed out to me (in the nicest fashion possible) that ranting about particular threads or members is in poor taste and bad form.

Therefore, I would like to apologize to the mods and to you, ATS, for usurping the rant forum for my own little crusade. It was done in poor taste and I'm ashamed of that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday and a happy Wednesday tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I have had a few trashed for the same reason.
I understand and get it and knew i was pushing it when i did it.

We live and we learn.

It really is like they say...patience IS a virtue.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hey if you haven't broken T&C before your not a "True ATS'er" j/k

On a side note we've all done it, I'm sure everyone is alive an well and apreciate your sentiments.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Heck Smylee, we all have bad days, right? I don't think an apology was even necessary from what I read of your thread yesterday. I really think coming out and making one out of the blue like this shows a great deal about you though, and in the best way possible. No one would have known or noticed if you'd simply said nothing. We'd love ya either way.

(As someone else mentioned..I've had one or two meet with untimely demise to mod closure..also for moments of emotion I didn't let settle...It happens!
)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Never be ashamed of speaking your mind. I understand you have broken the T&C rules but let it serve you in the the future instead of feeling shame and regret. You learned a lesson with no real ill effects to anybody. Be happy, you deserve it.
edit on 19-3-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You are alright in my book,smylee.
It happens from time to time.

I once got a nice little warning from springer himself.

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Yesterday, in a fit of pique, I started a thread that broke the T&Cs. Specifically, I ranted about a couple of threads that I felt were inappropriate.

It has been pointed out to me (in the nicest fashion possible) that ranting about particular threads or members is in poor taste and bad form.

Therefore, I would like to apologize to the mods and to you, ATS, for usurping the rant forum for my own little crusade. It was done in poor taste and I'm ashamed of that.

Meh, you cant possibly be any worse than I am, and I rarely apologise, which is a huge dick move on my part, but it is who I am, unfortunately.

I am sure you had good reasons for what you said and did, it is part of the human experience, none of us are perfect, nor should we be.

All one can do is try to learn from their mistakes and indiscretions, and keep trying to fight the good fight.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You don't need to tell me about it. I have had a few that have gone over the line. One when I was guilty of P.W.I .
It was a rant that I am still ashamed of today.

Another recently, that I had the good fortune of a mod to set me straight with not so kind words. But you no what, he was right, and taught me a lesson.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hehehe...this is where I am going to be a bad Mija and break a rule myself: it's posting a one liner, here goes: ditto to everything everyone's posted so far!

(hopefully this will get me in trouble with the mods...I want to officially "join the club" too!
)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

My hat goes off to you Smylee...

We all have those kinds of days methinks?

Going to add you as a friend so i can post your pic here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have a great Wednesday

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 20-3-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

as XLR8R Never be ashamed of speaking your mind. I understand you have broken the T&C rules but let it serve you in the the future instead of feeling shame and regret. You learned a lesson with no real ill effects to anybody. Be happy, you deserve it.

i have even had a temp ban which gave me time to reflect on how i reply
EDIT: at least you got it off your chest its better out than in

edit on 20/3/2013 by maryhinge because: EDIT: line

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hey Smylee....you have a LOT of friends on this site (me included)!
Perhaps you broke some rules here....apparently you are in good company, lol.
Many of us agreed with what you wrote (in your rant)....so you got a rap on the knuckles for writing what a lot of us were thinking.
Please don't stop speaking out for what you believe in.
Love and respect,
jacygirl

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hey I broke T&C with my very first thread No one can beat that!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You know, this is why you would make a fantastic moderator/public representative Smylee.

And, I am not just talking about ATS either, if I had even one tenth of your humility I would be doing well.

Let she/he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

I love ya like a sister!

edit on 20-3-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Happens to the best of us.

Otherwise we'd have to start wondering which members aren't human

No worries... we have ALL been there... even those of us who have seemingly been here forever.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I didn't see the thread and assume from what I have read, it has been removed. So I don't know if an apology was needed or not. I think it tells a lot about who you are. A lot of people on here have needed to apologize for being rude and hurting people's feelings and they never do. I have thought about walking away from this site because some on here seem to only want to be rude and disrespectful to others. You have made me realize the good people on here are far greater than the bad on here. Thank you for that!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You're are class act Smylee... as always.

Kudos Madam.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It's just an internet forum... I don't take it personal. It's not like you came over to my house and went #2 on my Welcome mat. (was that you?)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You (GASP) broke the rules?

I missed the thread, so I don't know what is was about.

You better not be turnin' into some hoodlum. You jus' better not be.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
LOL! No need for an apology IMO.
I get why the thread was a violation, but it sure was something that some were already thinking BEFORE your thread.

Carry on Smile... youre a good egg.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join